REVIEW: Xiaomi Piston 2 - Re-defining "Budget-Fi"?
Jun 8, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #91 of 156
Hi, sound for my Xiaomi Piston Gold II significantly improved after 55 hours of burning disk from TARA Labs. You burn your Xiaomi Piston Gold II?
PS Stock eartips very bad :frowning2:

Jun 8, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #92 of 156
Hi, sound for my Xiaomi Piston Gold II significantly improved after 55 hours of burning disk from TARA Labs. You burn your Xiaomi Piston Gold II?
PS Stock eartips very bad :frowning2:

Uhh, news flash, it's almost customary to burn-in your pair before review. And since a lot of people have, then yes, we all burn in our Pistons. Not only that, if you simply listen to them, you're burning them in, so case closed.

But you're wasting your time if you're gonna let them burn in without listening to them. They will change drastically from first listen. More than a few people have noticed, and maybe you will, too. Just...beware.

Jun 9, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #93 of 156
OK.Thank you.

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #94 of 156
Friends,i was ;looking to buy the IF version on Xiaomiworld,but they are out of stock.

Instead,the only modelavailable is this one  :    http://www.xiaomiworld.com/original-xiaomi-piston-earphone-updated-version-brown.html

just to be sure,this model is the 2.0 version ,sonically identical to the IF ?

Thanks in advance guys!!

Jun 9, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #95 of 156
Friends,i was ;looking to buy the IF version on Xiaomiworld,but they are out of stock.

Instead,the only modelavailable is this one  :    http://www.xiaomiworld.com/original-xiaomi-piston-earphone-updated-version-brown.html

just to be sure,this model is the 2.0 version ,sonically identical to the IF ?

Thanks in advance guys!!

Wow, I don't know how many times I've said this over and over in the two Pistons threads, but let me just clarify this for anyone who is looking to buy a pair of Pistons or already has one -- they all sound the same.

The 2.0 version is the original Pistons, that's for sure.
The 2.1 version was an unannounced update to the Pistons with some slight changes to the accessories and the Pistons themselves. Because of these slight changes, there is a chance that one will receive the 2.0 Pistons in a 2.1 box and vice-versa. Like I said, the 2.1 and 2.0 sound exactly the same.
The iF Edition is a limited edition run sold to celebrate the Pistons receiving the iF Product Design Award earlier this year. They come in a more silvery tint than both the 2.0 and 2.1, and have an iF shirt clip, pouch, and box. Though some say that they sound better than the 2.x line, rest assured, they sound the same.

Jun 9, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #96 of 156
Wow, I don't know how many times I've said this over and over in the two Pistons threads, but let me just clarify this for anyone who is looking to buy a pair of Pistons or already has one -- they all sound the same.

The 2.1 version was an unannounced update to the Pistons with some slight changes to the accessories and the Pistons themselves. Because of these slight changes, there is a chance that one will receive the 2.0 Pistons in a 2.1 box and vice-versa. Like I said, the 2.1 and 2.0 sound exactly the same.
The iF Edition is a limited edition run sold to celebrate the Pistons receiving the iF Product Design Award earlier this year. They come in a more silvery tint than both the 2.0 and 2.1, and have an iF shirt clip, pouch, and box. Though some say that they sound better than the 2.x line, rest assured, they sound the same.

You should add this^ to your sign.
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #98 of 156

But Bhazard said the 2.1 edition sounds better than the 2.0.  Who to believe?

Jun 17, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #103 of 156
Just received my Xiaomi Piston (obviously v. 2.1), and I'm very pleased with the sound and the overall quality. 
In Germany it seems you can only buy them from one shop via amazon.de. I paid € 21,90 including tax which I consider ok. 

They are still burning in, but I like the sound out of the box, although the v-shape isn't so much my preferred sound signature. Might try the foam-removal-mod one day. 

This is my setup for outdoors sports. 27g. 
ksc75smile.gif

One early observation: With these IEMs, I hear MP3 compresson artifacts in the treble very clearly. I guess I'll do myself a favor and workout only with lossless audio! 
wink.gif

As you can see in the photo, I need to use a special adapter with the iPod shuffle (3rd generation), because the Piston's buttons don't work here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back