Review Tour of Triple Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors FiiO F9 PRO in US market is on Right Now!!
Nov 22, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #16 of 159
I suppose, but still suspense none the less. Who knows the new ba can take on different shape/volume in the ear piece and some how magically solve the treble mystery. The supposedly 7k-ish peak is where no real instruments makes sounds. So it depends on the music if this is even detectable. It is kind of like balance getting rid of cochannel influence by separating the ground, I think. Mystery for many who have not heard, but a lot of rhetoric has been sold none the less. But since more people have commented on balance it is more acceptable.

My theory on response graph not showing benefits of balance is ground channel separation happens to improve isolation for all frequency all the time, while the technique to measure response looks at only one point in the spectrum at a time. As an analogy, one ant is too weak to show noticeable strength, but a million ants doing the exact same thing can combine to show noticeable power.

Nov 26, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #18 of 159

FiiO F9 PRO was released at our launch event about 10 days ago and the review units are getting ready soon. Would you like to test out this Triple Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors and find out what's
new about it?

The following functions might help you know more about our brand new F9 PRO. Most importantly, if you are interested in getting your hands on it, don't forget to reply to the thread and take part in the review tour!

Dynamic (PEK Polymer Nanocomposite Diaphragm)
2 Balanced Armatures (TWFK-30017-000 Knowles Dual BA drivers TWFK-30017-000)
Hi-Res Audio Certified + Red & Blue Metal Hoop Decorating the MMCX Connector
Over-the-ear Design
L-shaped plug+ Laser-marks+ Metal Hoop
Come with one 3.5mm single-ended audio cable with in-line control and 2.5mm balanced cable
Provided with Neoprene Storage Bag & waterproof carrying case & 3 Pairs of Memory Foam / Silicone Ear Tips & 3 pairs of thread ear tips
6 pairs of silica gel ear tips

Shipping info:
Depending on the US area of selected reviewers, FiiO will ship out several FiiO F9 PROs, one or more to reviewers in each region, e.g. CA, VA, New York, so that shipping costs from one reviewer to the next is kept low. FiiO will pay for shipping to the first reviewer and any customs taxes / import duties.

Preview application period: starting now! And accepting applications until further notice.

First list of previewers to be announced: to be confirmed.

Beginning of shipment of review the FiiO F9 PRO: to be confirmed.

Please apply by replying to this thread and including the following information in your reply:

-Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess:
-Any DAP(s) / DAC(s) / amp(s) you may possess:
-Descriptions and links to review(s) you may have posted:
-Your geographical region (e.g. the city of US you live in):

What you can get to post the review of FiiO F9 RPO:
You will earn 30% off for buying one of FiiO earphone on Amazon. ( The FiiO official Amazon account)

Review regulations (subject to change before the tour commences):

•Reviewers should keep the FiiO F9 PRO for at most 10 days before shipping to the next reviewer.
•Reviewers should ship the F9 PRO to the next reviewer by registered post requiring signature in the padded box provided.
•Reviewers will not be held responsible for any damage to the F9 RPO sustained during shipping or normal usage.
•Reviewers should do the preview fairly and objectively, and related product photos are required. (Alternatively, video reviews are welcome)
•Reviewers need not overstate the advantages of the products.
•Reviewers should indicate that the review F9 PRO's are free loan units, in order to avoid any misunderstandings.
•Reviewers are prohibited from using or disseminating pirated music on the F9 PRO.
•Reviewers are reminded to listen responsibly and safely to the F9 PRO, to not use it when operating machinery or driving, and not to drive headphones to excessive volume with the F9 PRO.
•Reviewers can post the completed preview content to this thread and the FiiO F9 PRO's review page: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-f9-hybrid-3-way-in-ear-monitors.22609/ or you can post the reviews to any other platform, such as reddit ,or Amazon ect.
•Please also provide FiiO US with the links to your review, for us to come and admire your work.
•Please contact FiiO in advance if you have any difficulties with the F9 RPO in the course of your preview, so we may help you resolve it if possible.

I would like to be considered for previewing The Fiio F9 Pro. I am a long time Fiio user and recently purchased the new Fiio X7II. I live in Bluffton SC, near Savannah GA. I have not reviewed before.
Headphone Inventory:
Sennheiser HD 800 W/ Cardas Clear Balanced cables. Shure SE 846, Sony MDR EX 1000 w/Beat Audio Balanced cables, B&W P7, B&O H6, Jaybird X3, Monster Turbine, Sony MDR XB80BS
Headphone Amp Inventory:
(2) Auralic Taurus MKII, IFI IDSD Micro BLK Label W/IGalvonic 3.0 Nano, (2) IFI IDAC2 w/ IUSB 3.0 Micro With IFI gemini cables on both rigs, IFI IDSD Micro Silver.
Source Inventory:
PS Audio Directstream DAC, (2) PS Audio NuWave Phono Preamplifiers ADC's, Mutec MC-3 + USB, (8) Windows 10 gaming computers with extensive NAS network, Samsung Galaxy Book Windows 10 Tablet, Project 9.1 Turntable, Denon DP 1000 Turntable, Denon 103R & Denon 103D cartridges, (2) K&K step up transformers, Pioneer RT909 reel to reel. Teac 3304S reel to reel. Extensive Roon and JRiver Libraries 10 TB, 4500 vinyl records
Cable Inventory:
DH Labs, Cardas, Audioquest Cables

Nov 28, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #20 of 159
I might end up buying a pair before the tour gets to me. :dt880smile:

Yup. If that peak is smoothed out, I'm buying ASAP. Wanted the original f9 but am very sensitive to 7k and it seems to affect timbre of cymbals too much and create vocal sibilance if not flat or dipped for me.

Nov 28, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #21 of 159
I did that with the F9 and think I'll wait on the tour of the Pro. I should have done it the other way around probably but having bought the first one I want to be sure the 2nd is enough better to justify owning both.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #22 of 159
I noticed from reading a review of the F9 that the cables are different and thereby brings something extra to the difference between balanced and single ended. I wonder if Fiio will offer an adapter for balanced to single ended even though you don't need it other than to compare balanced versus single ended performance.

Nov 29, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #23 of 159
Please consider me for the tour:

-Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess:
AK/JH Audio Angie, Klipsch X6i, ZeroAudio Carbo Tenore, Sennheiser HD600, Hifiman HE400i, NAD Viso HP50, Philips L2

Fiio X5iii, Fiio E17k, Schiit Modi Multibit, Schiit Asgard 2

AK/JH Angie IEM - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/astell-kern-jh-audio-siren-series-angie.20635/reviews
Modi Multibit - showcase item and first review - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/schiit-audio-modi-multibit-aka-mimby.22405/

Peoria, IL (MW USA)

Nov 30, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #24 of 159
So far it has been rare thing to see a comment on both the F9 pro and the F9 in the same sentence. There has got to be more people who have heard the former and the latter.

Edit: One post, but it might grow rapidly. Hiwever still no impressions.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #25 of 159
So far it has been rare thing to see a comment on both the F9 pro and the F9 in the same sentence. There has got to be more people who have heard the former and the latter.

Edit: One post, but it might grow rapidly. Hiwever still no impressions.

We are arranging its review now , and the review of F9 and F9pro will be released soon.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 2, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #26 of 159
Sounds like for people who can only afford one waiting for the pro was a good move. But it seems there are enough reasons to consider F9 as a backup to the pros just to cover all the bases. I suppose difficult decisons like these are more interesting than not being here at headfi and audibly blind.

Dec 2, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #27 of 159
I'm in Boston, MA, and would like to participate in the Review tour of the F9 Pro as it sounds like promising iem given it's spec. This would give me an opportunity to find out how Fiio iems sound as I've never heard a Fiio iem in the past.

My current Gear: Mojo/AK240 for sources, but I have tried out many amps and dacs in the past for full-sized to iems. For full-sized I currently use Hifiman HE1000, and for iems, I currently use Spiral Ear SE5 Ultimate, Campfire Audio Andromeda, Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors.

No reviews yet, but I will surely provide a review in exchange to try out a Fiio iem. Thank you.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #28 of 159
I may have to drop out of the tour because I'm about 95% sure I'm just gonna order one in the next day or two haha

Dec 3, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #29 of 159
I would be pleased to audition/review your F9 Pro.

Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess:
Elear
AH-D7000
LCD-2.2f
HD650
HD700
HD598

IEMs:
Layla
Roxanne
ES Velvet
W4R
GR07 BE
UE TF10
MDR 7550

Earbuds:
Asura 2
Tomahawk
NICEHCK DIY PK2

I don't have any DAPS, I listen a lot on my main system. If I go portable I just listen on my phone with Fiio E18 Kunlan.

JRiver 22 -> optimized /w Fidelizer Pro -> Supra USB -> Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator -> Schiit PYST USB -> UpTone Audio USB Regen -> Hard adapter -> PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 -> Discovery Plus 4 XLR -> Parasound Halo -> KEF LS50 (IsoAcoustic stands) + HSU STF-1 Sub x 2.

~ OR ~ Same source to: Icon Audio HP8 MKII / Lyr -> Elear, AH-D7000, HD700, HD650, LCD 2.2f, HD598, Layla, Roxanne, ES Velvet, W4R, GR07 BE, UE TF10, MDR 7550.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/focal-elear.22752/
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/questyle-cma600i.22751/
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/64-audio-review-with-tia-fourte-and-u18-tzar.22750/

South Dakota, USA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back