Review tour of Smart Hi-Res Music Player FiiO X7 Mark II is on Now
Nov 1, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #121 of 135
My review is finally finished. I didn't know how much work this involves.

My respects to anyone doing reviews regularly.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-x7-mark-ii-smart-hi-res-music-player.22522/reviews

Depending on the product, can take a full week of work... Some products take less, but no review took me less than two days of work to get it ready and posted. This of course, for the simplest and shortest one...

I have to say, your review was pretty cool, and you have tons of really good-looking pictures! Love it!

Nov 2, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #122 of 135
Depending on the product, can take a full week of work... Some products take less, but no review took me less than two days of work to get it ready and posted. This of course, for the simplest and shortest one...

I have to say, your review was pretty cool, and you have tons of really good-looking pictures! Love it!

Thank you very much, George!
And thanks for all your reviews.

Nov 9, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #125 of 135
Apparently there is another unit that is reaching Italy! It comes from Switzerland.
It is with Customs at the moment.

Nov 9, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #126 of 135
Apparently there is another unit that is reaching Italy! It comes from Switzerland.
It is with Customs at the moment.

Super cool!

FiiO are the ones scheduling those things, so they tell us what to do!

There are customs from Switzerland to Italy? I imagined that everything from EU to EU is free of customs. At least Romania receives from all EU, including UK for free.

Nov 9, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #128 of 135
Switzerland is not in the EU.

I had no idea :triportsad:

I always imagined that everything in the EU area is part of EU.

At least you're having a nice country with a very stable economy and beautiful sights!

Also far less sensitive to economical crisis compared to Romania, which is very much influenced by what happens in the EU... :smile_phones:

Nov 12, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #131 of 135
I also have the XPS 15, and has the same problem, does the latest update fix the issue?

based on @bms44974 review

I did not note the version of the firmware before boxing the unit up for shipment. Some reports in the X5iii thread suggest that connecting a USB2.0 hub to the XPS15 USB3.0 might help. There are two USB2.0 ports on the back of the WD15 "docking station" that did not work for me. The WD15 is a USBC connected device. Perhaps you could try a cheap USB2.0 hub connected to one of the USB3.0 ports. The worst case, you simply have to put you microSD cards in an SD adapter and copy the music using the SD card slot on the XPS15 (it should be faster anyway). Then the only problem left is figuring out how to use the X7ii in DAC mode. After my experience with the X5iii, I didn't bother trying.

Cheers... Brian

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back