Review: the Cyclone PR1 Pro - Another $50 bang/buck heavyweight
Feb 1, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #153 of 244
Thanks. I will wait to hear what Joker has to say about them before I give up a pair of my PR1 Pros. The PR100s are $33, which is pretty cheap. Have to wonder if they will outperform the PR1 Pro, since they are completely different design.

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #154 of 244
I'm looking forward to the PR200s if the sound is comparable and build quality is up to par. both phones are a lot cheaper
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #155 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dunno if you guys have seen this, but Storm/Cyclone/ECCI have released new earphones now to replace the PR1/PR2s - the PR100 and PR200.

In Ear Matters: Born from Storm and Cyclone

If that's the case, it seems that they're a revamp of the original PR1 and 2s, not the Pro line. Is that right...?

Feb 2, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #156 of 244
the wait for a pr100 review is so painful.
I kind of would like to wait to see if the new phones are any better than their predecessors, but the pr1 pro seem to be so well liked that it may be worth it to buy it before gyratech discontinues it...

decisions decisions

Feb 2, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #157 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by theKraken11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If that's the case, it seems that they're a revamp of the original PR1 and 2s, not the Pro line. Is that right...?

From what I've been told the PR100 and PR200 are not derivatives of the old PR1/PR2. Therefore the Pro/non-Pro designation does not really apply. My guess is as good as anyone's as to what they sound like.

Feb 3, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #158 of 244
Anyone out there notice better bass and slightly better isolation with Sony Hybrid's as opposed to the OEM tips? I just put them on and there seems to be an increase in low end perhaps because of better fit/isolation?

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #160 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the Sony hybrids and to me, they are a better option than the OEM tips. Bass, iso and overall sound sig.

good to hear...no pun intended. I'm glad it's not just a placebo effect. These really are a great bargain.

Feb 3, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #162 of 244
ljokerl
Headphoneus Supremus

I am looking to buy a headphone these H/P reviewved by you come in mind. I listen mainly to vocal and jazz music and not a bass freak. These h/ps are easily available from ebay or shops,

1. AKG K81
2. Cyclone Pr2 Pro upgrade of PR1?
3. MeElectronics Ai-M6
4. Soundmagic PL50

they are similarly priced. Which one would you recommend? Thanks

Feb 3, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #163 of 244
I have not tried the PR2 Pro, sorry. From what I've read they are not an upgrade from the PR1 but rather a different sound altogether. Honestly, for vocal and jazz I would go with the PL50. They have this lushness of midrange that the others can't match and just sound great with vocals. As long as you're not after that fun 'big bass, shiny treble' signature the PL50 will work very well. As an added bonus I think there's a 15% off coupon code active for soundmagic products at focalprice.com.

Feb 6, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #165 of 244
So is the eBay seller trustworthy?

Looking forward to hearing these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back