REVIEW: The best headphone/amp combo known to man
Oct 29, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #31 of 122
It would help if you read the review. Sennheiser HD600 with Lehman/Matrix has been decleared as a amp combo which is as good as Luxman, and Luxman is one of worlds best head-fi amplifiers. The Sunrise stage is even better...

Oct 29, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #32 of 122
Looks like a souped up Bravo, and something that looks like a Centrance Dac. 

Oct 29, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #33 of 122

Quote:
It would help if you read the review. Sennheiser HD600 with Lehman/Matrix has been decleared as a amp combo which is as good as Luxman, and Luxman is one of worlds best head-fi amplifiers. The Sunrise stage is even better...

Ask some of the folk who have been kicking around audio for a few years what their opinion of (most) reviews is - as I said, I'm not denying the M-Stage's capabilities, but you have just promoted it into an entirely different weight class. I havent heard either, but I'd be very interested to hear from Skylab and others.

If we want to start playing these games, I'll wander these halls proclaiming the EPH-02 as the 'best amp eva !' based purely on nwavguy's measurements. Aint gonna happen.

Oct 29, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #34 of 122
I did not force you to read this thread 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #36 of 122
I did do some research on this amp earlier and normally I wouldn't bite but hiflight did have good things to say about them over at another forum. I might bite but probably wait until a few weeks when I have some more time to play with it if I decide to buy it. The seller seems nice from a few email exchanges however.

krisno, I'm curious but what is your reference point when comparing gear? We all have different experiences with gear so I was just wondering about that.

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #38 of 122
IMO the name of this thread is not right, i know that the Project Sunrise is a very good Amp but it's not the best "headphone/amp combo known to man" even when associated with an Ultrasone Edition 9...

Such a name can only desserve the Project Sunrise..

Oct 31, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #40 of 122
I read a bit on this amp and it looks quite interesting.  I like how clean and orderly the PCB and its components look, giving it a real nice sense of quality.  I don't doubt that this amp sounds excellent but to label it as "the best" is very subjective as there A LOT of great sounding gear out there.  Unless you've had to chance to listen to them all, you really can't call this one as the best ever.   I think "best I've ever heard" would be a more appropriate title.

That said, how much did this amp run you.  The more I look at it the more it appeals to me.  Darn those tube amps and their glowy mystique.
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 31, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #41 of 122

Quote:
I read a bit on this amp and it looks quite interesting.  I like how clean and orderly the PCB and its components looks, giving it a real nice sense of quality.  I don't doubt that this amp sounds excellent but to label it as "the best" is very subjective as there A LOT of great sounding gear out there.  Unless you've had to chance to listen to them all, you really can't call this one as the best ever.   I think "best I've ever heard" would be a more appropriate title.

That said, how much did this amp run you.  The more I look at it the more it appeals to me.  Darn those tube amps and their glowy mystique.
tongue_smile.gif

I'm tempted esp considering the cheap cost to get into a tube amp since I'd rather spend this money and not money on a WA2 :p

Here's the link to buy it and you can choose from pcb, with the kit, etc or fully built: http://store.garage1217.com/project-sunrise-hybrid-class-a--tube-headphone-amplifier.html

Oct 31, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #43 of 122

Quote:
I'm tempted esp considering the cheap cost to get into a tube amp since I'd rather spend this money and not money on a WA2 :p

Here's the link to buy it and you can choose from pcb, with the kit, etc or fully built: http://store.garage1217.com/project-sunrise-hybrid-class-a--tube-headphone-amplifier.html

Thanks for the link rawster!  I might just check these guys out, though I hope the manual is colorful and easy to understand as they say, as my soldering and electronic skills are shall we say non-existent?
tongue.gif

Oct 31, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #45 of 122
It looks fine to me so maybe something on your end. Shipping is $30 for international. It's $235 for a fully built with one tube and power supply. PCB is 30, PCB+kit is 120 and there's a few more options but I'm too lazy to list them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back