[REVIEW] The ACS T1 - a tear jerker (but in a good way)
Dec 25, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #151 of 235
I toyed with the idea of buying them too, Especially since my T1 are waiting for a removable cable implant :) I could have sent them in at the same time. Anyway, very good deal for you, congrats !

And yes customer support is that good. I only had to call once for the credit card charge, since everything else was done by email, but that didn't take more than 5 min.

Did you get those JH13  back ? It's almost 3 months now, right ?

Quote:
royhendo said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just bought Anadin's T1s from him and I plan to get them remoulded, and I've also sent my own in for a check because I lost sound very briefly in the left earpiece.

I feel like I've had a limb amputated! Haste them back! I miss them real bad.

Quote:
The customer service is 2nd to none by the way. I called them today and the guy had all my info at his fingertips, and was forthcoming on all my questions beyond the call of duty!

Dec 25, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #152 of 235
Haven't had sight of the JH13s but apparently Chinese customs are returning them mate. I need to decide whether to go to Fisher to remould or sell them and go direct to JH Audio. I might just wait until I'm 40 (3 and a bit years). Merry Xmas mate!

Dec 26, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #153 of 235
Merry christmas to you too !

Not sure to understand with the JH13 here. They couldn't enter China ? That would be a major pain.

If you're interested you could still try to go through Hifi Japan : http://www.hfi.jp/ They work with Rooth, another chinese brand, with what it seems like similar quality to UM in terms of acrylic work. It's a bit more expensive that going through UM directly though. But you have someone looking after it for you. If not just curious here but how much would you want for it ?

Quote:
Haven't had sight of the JH13s but apparently Chinese customs are returning them mate. I need to decide whether to go to Fisher to remould or sell them and go direct to JH Audio. I might just wait until I'm 40 (3 and a bit years). Merry Xmas mate!

Dec 26, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #154 of 235
It a long time since i have read on any news regarding ACS. Anyone knows if the removable cable option is in? I'm still using the 1st version of T1

Dec 26, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #155 of 235
^ The system isn't yet in. Design is ready but production needs some works. Should be in production in 11Q01 I think.

Dec 27, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #156 of 235
@Royendo,
How much are they charging for reshelling the T1. I nearly bought a second-hand pair few months back but never got a reply from ACS when I asked about the cost. Kind of put me off from the start. Their customer service seems a bit like hit and miss to me. The T1 sounds like a great IEM but I am not ready to take a gamble considering their price.

Dec 27, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #157 of 235
I don't know mate - the price I got them for was so low I'm going for a full respec, so that's £100 (different cable, different colour monitors, the works. For a straight remould, I'm pretty sure it's less than that by a stretch.

Quote:
@Royendo,
How much are they charging for reshelling the T1. I nearly bought a second-hand pair few months back but never got a reply from ACS when I asked about the cost. Kind of put me off from the start. Their customer service seems a bit like hit and miss to me. The T1 sounds like a great IEM but I am not ready to take a gamble considering their price.

Dec 27, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #159 of 235
^ I think I read somewhere the refitting was 45£, but I have no idea what is ACS' position on second hand monitors. Given that you're already a customer, they'll probably let it go with an inflated fee. For a newcomer ... ?

For the JH3A, would you ask JHA to retrofit your actual pair ? That may be a stretch given their strict position on second hand market.

Dec 28, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #160 of 235
I don't think they'd go for that dude.

ACS did a special for me last year - recased my SuperFREQs. That cost £90 which was awesome, and I loved them - right up until my son jumped on them and ruined my left monitor! It was irrecoverable - drivers bust.

So the price seems fair for a complete change of spec - they'd be completely rebuilding it.

I guess the alternative would be to resell them and put the money to the JH-3A - hmmmm...

Dec 28, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #161 of 235
90£ sounds like a very good deal man !! I didn't know they'd accept to do something like that. Bad end for a good idea, but well that's life.

And given how much people is asking for a pair of 13 or 16 lately, I think you could sell it without too much trouble.

Dec 28, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #163 of 235
As far as I'm concerned, I'd try to stay away from reshelling high-end custom monitors. It's always tempting to pick up a second hand pair, but supposedly the way JHA, UE, or ACS, are doing their shell is having an influence on the sound. So I'm not 100% sure the reshelling isn't changing the S.Q. At least this is what is written in JH's industrial patent documents. I may be too rigid, and maybe it's a good deal, but I don't want to have this thought laying around when listening to a reshelled pair. That would just spoil my fun time. Apart from that, there are very good companies for reshelling, in terms of acrylic work mind you. UM and Rooth are apparently some of these. But acrylic work is only part of the business.

With that said, the JH3A isn't even out yet
tongue_smile.gif
so it's difficult to judge.

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #164 of 235
I got my ACS T1s just before christmas. I don't know what to make of them. I think my expectations were too high, because I feel a little disappointed by them. I'm also hoping the cold/flu symptoms I've had over the last week have been affecting my hearing. I suppose I had a misconception that due to the price, customs might somehow sound comparable to a full-size in quality but in a portable iem package.

I still need to give them more of a listen, but right now the T1s sounds very similar to my SM3 to me, despite being more than twice the price. I'm pretty sure there is no problem with the fit as once in the isolation is excellent so I presume I have a good seal.

Dec 29, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #165 of 235
Hi Shamrock,

What is the set up you're using with your T1 ? Would it be possible that you're seeing the limit of your source, explaining why your T1 sounds the same as your SM3 ?

Regarding the seal, the best way to check that is to use Sensaphonics' tonal tests. Even if that's just a confirmation, it's useful to verify that parameter. And sometimes it takes some time to really get accustomed to a new IEM. Keep listening to it and switch back in a few weeks to the SM3. I'm almost sure you'll notice then what is the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back