[REVIEW] TDK IE800 - Another Winner From TDK
Mar 4, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #46 of 48
Quote:

​
Sound Quality- 
The Dual-Dynamic Micro-Drivers produce a mid-centric, smooth, warm, musical relaxing and un-fatiguing sound-signature. I found that these sound a lot better with a deep fit and with the silicon-tips installed; you get a better clarity, more detailed sound, larger soundstage, etc.

Now, we'll move on to a more detailed description of every one of the sound's parts:

Midrange- like the BA200, also the IE800's best possession is the vocals-reproduction. That happened due to a superb midrange tuning by TDK on both models....

Great review!
IE800 is one of my favorite, great IEM from TDK!
Switching from vSonic GR07BE to TDK IE800, and the thin vocal now has better more realistic body :)  Vocal on IE800 is just better than GR07BE.  Clarity is about the same on both, but midrange is much better on IE800, more body and more natural. But I don't perceive IE800 as mid-centric, more as natural sounding with good clarity.
I also prefer silicon tip for IE800.

As questioned somewhere, about comparison of IE800 and Yamaha EPH-100, I happen to have both of them.  For my sonic preference, I prefer the clarity of IE800.  EPH-100 although sounds nice, natural-dark, with smooth, warm, and thick midrange, is a bit too dark and lacking in clarity for my taste.

Aug 24, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #47 of 48
I seem to disagree with the OP. I own both IE800 and BA200, after a couple of AB listening sessions, I find the BA200 to be bassier. Which is really weird considering it is a BA and not a dynamic IEM like the IE800. However, I do want to point out that the BA200 is inserted deeply thus giving a much better seal. I find the BA200 to be my go to comfortable IEM. I wear it and forget about it. The IE800 is painful for me after 3 hours of listening, but not as painful as a DN-1000.

Dec 23, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #48 of 48
I am late to the party but i got these for a great price.. I was going to get the hifiman RE-400 but i have a thing for "underdogs" and things that not "everybody" has..I also tend to like midrange and treble over extended bass so I am excited :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back