[Review] TDK BA200, my new favorite ~$100 IEM
Oct 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #18 of 42
Thanks for the review. I think this has convinced me that the BA200 will be my next IEM.

Has anyone had experience buying these on ebay? Or does anyone know if the warranty will be honored if purchased from there? I haven't heard back from TDK on this issue.

I'm in Canada and buying off eBay is cheaper than buying on Amazon after shipping and taxes/handling/duties. Does anyone know of a better place to purchase?

Oct 17, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #20 of 42
Agreed.

I received a response from TDK. It's not a catch-all answer but the current lowest "buy it now" on ebay.ca is "dzone2". They responded saying that the vendor is not an authorized reseller and as such the warranty would not be valid.

Perhaps there are authorized resellers but at least for me, it's cheaper to go through Amazon.com (bringing the price to about $185 after shipping and taxes). I'm hoping they respond with a Canadian reseller.

Oct 17, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #21 of 42
Agreed.

I received a response from TDK. It's not a catch-all answer but the current lowest "buy it now" on ebay.ca is "dzone2". They responded saying that the vendor is not an authorized reseller and as such the warranty would not be valid.

Perhaps there are authorized resellers but at least for me, it's cheaper to go through Amazon.com (bringing the price to about $185 after shipping and taxes). I'm hoping they respond with a Canadian reseller.

Ouch! It was $120 just last week with $12 shipping to Canada. I guess at 185 I will have to look elsewhere.

Oct 17, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #22 of 42
Nice review!
Got mine back in June for 125 € from Estonia. As an upgrade from Sony MH-1 these were a big step up soundwise - maybe some bass was lost, but the overall clarity and instrument separation is from another level.
But my BA200-s cord is in one piece, without the extension part - I believe all new BA200-s should come like this (it was discussed in the main thread of these IEM-s).
Only complaint from my side would be the small set of accessories included - it would have been nice if they had included more different tips. The double-flanged tips sound better, although they still tend to make my right ear itchy if worn for a longer period - but this must be my ears not the flanges, I believe.
Definately recommended!

Oct 21, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #23 of 42

I personally find this very practical, as I clip my DAP to my collar. You can easy make a short cable longer with an extension (and then decide the precise length you prefer); you cannot shorten a cable. I wish more manufacturer followed their example . . . but I'm not gonna hold my breath! 
tongue.gif

I'm thinking if some flaws of BA200 can be addressed by changing the cable. Only if the cable is removable.

I find the cable extension annoying. I think it makes this IEM less sensitive as is should be. That should explain why it shines with an amp.

As was mentioned in the BA thread, the big Y-split actually houses a capacity for the BAs responsible for the highs. To change the cable will sadly change the sound unless you add those capacitors somewhere inside the housing--which probably doesn't fit.

Less treble is one thing I, personally, do not want in these.

I feel ya 
size]

Oct 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #24 of 42
After getting my cIEMs, I don't need these anymore. I tried giving them to my gf, but she's not interested at all...

So I'm selling these. If you're from Europe, and you want the BA200s for like €60, pm me! I can also send them overseas, the shipping fees are a bit more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back