Review: TCG T-Box, a new compact portable amp
Jun 5, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #16 of 58

Quote:
I've finally had mine die on me after around 19 hours of usage. The LED doesn't change color. I think it's just a different batch and they changed to reduce costs or something.

Could be. Mine is still going strong, it just refuses to run out of battery. I left it on overnight and it is still on this morning. Maybe when I get home from work today (in 10 hours) it will be dead? We'll see.

Jun 6, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #18 of 58
Jun 6, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #20 of 58
Okay, this is kinda off topic, but when you say your powerdock was modded, what kinds of mods did you perform? I'm interested in getting one if the mods are easy enough to perform with novice soldering skills. If not, I'll just give it a pass for now.

Jun 7, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #21 of 58

Quote:
Dude, that link is godsent!
I'm looking into the T-box more wholly because of the build quality when compared to the E11. No comparitive reviews on SQ just yet i guess.

Thanx!

The build quality on the T-Box is quite superb. The only complaint I have is that the potentiometer (volume dial) on mine is slightly crooked when in the MIN or MAX position. Anywhere in between it is quite unnoticeable.

Jun 7, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #23 of 58
Yep, It comes with everything pictured in the ebay link. It's a very high quality cable, I've seen similar cables sell for atleast $30.

Overall, Im happy with my purchase. My only gripe with it, is that it's too small. Call me crazy, but I wanted something the size of my iTouch so that when I stack it on top, it doesn't look uneven however it's the about the same size as my sansa fuze. Other than that, it obviously isn't a high end amp, but does it's job for $100. I found that it powers IEM's best, and it does a decent job powering mid level headphones.

Jun 7, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #25 of 58
Guess i'm sold.
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 7, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #26 of 58
anyone can give the specific links they used? I'm in China and I have more choice, but I want to get the one that everyone else is getting.

Jun 7, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #28 of 58

Quote:
Hmm, seems like the ebay shenzhen audio store source has a new 2011 version of the T-box.
Looks and seems to be the same thing though. Anybody has any idea on the differences?

I ordered the 2011 version just because the ship date was faster than the other one. I assume both should be the same. Here is the exact link I used. Sorry if it caused confusion.

As for differences... Not sure. Maybe the color of the LED. Project86 has a blue LED and mine has a pink one. Again; this is just a guess.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2011NEW-TCG-T-Box-Portable-headamp-compact-portable-amp-/110676047409?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c4ce7631

Quote:

I was debating that myself when I ordered my T-Box. I decided to just go with the T-Box since I couldn't find any reviews on that one.

Jun 7, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #30 of 58

Quote:
Okay, this is kinda off topic, but when you say your powerdock was modded, what kinds of mods did you perform? I'm interested in getting one if the mods are easy enough to perform with novice soldering skills. If not, I'll just give it a pass for now.

Sorry, not much info from me. I had a friend make it for me. Average_Joe here on the forum used to make/sell LODs and modded docks for the Fuze. I'm not sure if he still does though. But I believe his mods were pretty much the same as what mine has. Give him a PM if you might be interested, even if he doesn't sell them he might point you in the right direction for learning how to do it yourself.

Quote:
Hmm, seems like the ebay shenzhen audio store source has a new 2011 version of the T-box.
Looks and seems to be the same thing though. Anybody has any idea on the differences?

It seems that they (and some other sellers) like to put things in the title like "2010 version". But we never really know if it is an update or if so, what was changed. I still see listings for "New 2009 version" of the Zero DAC. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back