REVIEW: SoundMAGIC P10
Jun 2, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered a pair! I love my modded KSC-75's, but they are quite useless outside due to lack of noise supression. Hopefully these will be at least a little better on both counts (audio and noise). Thanks for taking the time to write a review for newbies like myself.

Any update/impressions on the P10?
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #18 of 28
Funny that you ask. I ordered mine on May 11, and mp4nation still shows the order status as "processing". I have contacted them three times, and each time they told me that it will ship in 2 days. I guess "guaranteed in stock" doesn't mean what I thought it does.

To console myself, i did buy a JVC-s150 "flats", which has suprised me quite pleasantly. They are no KSC75s, but they are excellent headphones for the price and have become my daily beaters. Will be interesting to compare the two, if I ever get my P10 that is. I might even do a 6-way shootout of all my budget on-ears, but im kinda new and the mini-reviews i've done so far have gotten zero response.

Jun 3, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Funny that you ask. I ordered mine on May 11, and mp4nation still shows the order status as "processing". I have contacted them three times, and each time they told me that it will ship in 2 days. I guess "guaranteed in stock" doesn't mean what I thought it does.

To console myself, i did buy a JVC-s150 "flats", which has suprised me quite pleasantly. They are no KSC75s, but they are excellent headphones for the price and have become my daily beaters. Will be interesting to compare the two, if I ever get my P10 that is. I might even do a 6-way shootout of all my budget on-ears, but im kinda new and the mini-reviews i've done so far have gotten zero response.

Unfortunate, however, you are not the first problems to have problems with MP4nation. It's a shame that people have ran into problems when ordering soundmagic products; as seen in many posts they are still pretty solid performers for their low price tag.

With the purchase of the flats, do you still plan on waiting on your order for the P10? And as far as the 6-way review of your budget headphones, I'm sure it would greatly appreciated by many -- I'm interested. As for as your reviews, perhaps your they have been looked over due to the onslaught of Grado HF-2 and Sennheiser HD800 posts.

Jun 3, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by InspireD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a shame that people have ran into problems when ordering soundmagic products; as seen in many posts they are still pretty solid performers for their low price tag.

Yes, possibly the only reason that I have not yet cancelled my order is how much I like my PL30s.

I did mention cancelling and getting a refund in one of my emails to mp4nation, but they chose to ignore that part and I decided not to pursue it at the time. I'm giving them until the end of the week and then requesting that refund - i'd rather get my money back and wait 'till I can get the P10 elsewhere (ebay or focalprice, perhaps) for a similar price than let mp4nation keep my money with an equally uncertain wait time.

As for the flats, they were just $5, and I will certainly keep them as a backup/lender headphone, but after the PL30s and KSC75 they do sound a little... erm... flat.
wink_face.gif
Better than ibuds/sansa buds tho.

Jun 3, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

sansa buds

*shudder*

Jun 3, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*shudder*

Amen.

...ok I'm gonna clarify this a bit. I dont think I was drastic enough. The flats are MUCH better than sansa buds.

Jun 22, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #24 of 28
Update: Ok. 42 days after placing my order my P10s are now officially on the way. Perfect timing, I suppose, as I just re-drilled my KSC's.

Jun 23, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Update: Ok. 42 days after placing my order my P10s are now officially on the way. Perfect timing, I suppose, as I just re-drilled my KSC's.

That's ridiculous!
mad.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #27 of 28
Ok it has been exactly 50 days since I placed my order and th P10s have finally made their way to my apartment. Won't get a chance to hear them until Friday, unfortunately, as I am staying at gf's for now, but it warms my heart to know that they have finally arrived.

Now I have to find my other on-ears to contrast them against and dig up that shootout that I started writing two months ago.

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #28 of 28
Sorry for DP. (Erm... that's Double Post)

In case people are still subscribed to this thread, I've finally given the P10s some good listening time and finished my review. Link in sig, if anyone's interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back