[REVIEW] Sennheiser MX370
Nov 8, 2012 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ccubeice

New Head-Fier
Introduction: This is my first review on Head-Fi about the earphones kjk1281 suggested me. Tell me if something is wrong in this review, I will
fix the errors. Sorry for my bad english (I know I made some mistake). Also sorry about these bad pictures, can't make any better ones.

Packaging: Small and compact package which includes a pouch and foam earpads. The poach is big, it fits my phone (Xperia X8) in it with the earphones.
It is made of some leathery material, its not thick so it doesn't offer much protection.

Design / Build quality: They have put effort in every detail in these earphones. When you slide the cable slider all the way down to the splitter (default
position), the gap between them forms a Sennheiser logo. The L-angled 3.5mm jack is very useful and also has a very small Sennheiser logo (detailed), it can
bend a bit, but not much. The earbuds have L/R indicatiors, but theres one more thing - the left one has a little bump so you can tell which is which without
even looking. There's a logo on the earphones too.

Comfort: These are very light, about 3-5 grams. When you wear them for a long time, especially with foam pads, they do not make your ears hurt. If you do other
things while listening to music, you can very easily forget that they are in your ears.

Sound quality: I listened to many songs from different genres (from my phone). From rap to drum and bass. I noticed when listening with no equalizer the vocals go a bit of a
'sss' and there's very little bass. So what I did was to increase it a bit from 31,64,125Hz and decrease from 4K to 16K. Making it sound much better, with a
little bit of bass added, and vocals sounding much better. The soundstage is not wide, but it's not small either. You can separate instruments, but this
really depends on the song as well. About isolation, there's none. Sometimes the cars driving around are even louder than my music. When listening to these
while driving home with my bike I could not hear any microphonics.

Overall: I think these earphones are very good for their price (11€ in Estonia). Only bad thing - as I mentioned before - is the isolation, but this is what
to expect from these kind of earbuds.

Pros: Poach, foam pads included, good sound, L-angled cable jack, cable slider
    Cons: Low on bass, needs equalizing

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #2 of 4
Nice review! I actually didn't notice the Sennheiser logo showing up in the y-split and cable slider until you pointed it out. *Mind blown*

Just a question: Are your impressions on the sound when using the foams? Just curious if you're getting a good fit or not.

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #3 of 4
X2. Nice review! Reminds me that a pair of orange MX365 keeps popping into my head to try them. If I find one cheap one day. Philips has a new bud, the SHE4600 jumps to the top of the list to try since I have my JBL and Senn PMX680 so the German/Austrians are covered for now :)

Nov 9, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #4 of 4
Nice review! I actually didn't notice the Sennheiser logo showing up in the y-split and cable slider until you pointed it out. *Mind blown*
Just a question: Are your impressions on the sound when using the foams? Just curious if you're getting a good fit or not.

Yes I pretty much only used the foams, and I got a pretty nice fit. Without the foams it was much less comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back