REVIEW: Sennheiser HD650/AKG K701/Beyerdynamic DT 990 '05
May 18, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Friedman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My compliments Chris on your great review...

Oh, and one more thing, please! forGodsakes, man, do us all a favor and show us what you are talking about with this K701 mod!

That was cruel the way you just left us all hanging back there.

May 18, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #32 of 35
Thanks for taking the time to put the review/summary together. Speaking as a relative newcomer to the world of quality headphone audio, a nicely balanced review like that helps me out loads..... Good luck in your search!

May 23, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #33 of 35
Damn you, tizz! Now I'm going to have to put the 701 on my short list. Nice review!

And thanks for removing all the spilled paint from my 650 cables. that was annoying me but I was too lazy to do anything about it. typical.

I would be very interested in hearing from those who have compared the 701 with the AT W5000. I just got the AT's and they solve some of the 650 issues Chris mentioned regarding the relative slowness, etc. I haven't decided between the two yet.

May 23, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #34 of 35
I very much enjoyed reading your comments on these three headphones. I have not heard the DT990 2005 and have not had a sufficiency of time with the K701 to be able to offer such an in depth comparative appraisal on my own part and your insights were most astute. I disagree completely only on one point that you made. On the slowness of the HD650. This is to be, an oft misconstrued characteristic of their sound precipitated by the mid bass bloom.

A most enjoyable read though.

May 24, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #35 of 35
Nice review. But I'm not so sure about the 650s being "slow", right now I'm listening to Paul Simon's "Graceland" CD and I dont think they detracting from the pace or dynamics of this CD.

Thanks again for the detailed info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back