[REVIEW] Sennheiser HD25-1 II vs Sennheiser Amperior: Comparison Review
Jul 8, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #46 of 50
  @Triple X
@Malfunkt
@Tom22
@SiNTENDO

....and after almost one year i finally decided as well.... :D

...my amperiors are being sold tomorrow....

On one hand its hard to see them go because of a couple of things.... first, the way of how i got them (thank you very much once again moriez), second because maybe they will become a rarity someday (maybe yes, maybe not).....

But to be honest i gotta face the facts and admit that the hd25's are overall better in all ways IMO....

Here's why....

I prefer the overall sound of the hd25 to the amperiors..... the hd25's are slightly more agressive and that makes the music become livelier and more adictive.
The basis of the amperior sound is the same but when they tried to smooth the treble a bit and enhance the bass in my opinion they messed the lively part and basically lost part of the engaging that makes the hd25's so beloved... ok its not such a drastic change in sound since they both share the same sound basis, but to me the hd25 is the more engaging one and although a bit grainier it sounds also clearer to my hears and bit more detailed. the amperior seems slower, more realaxed, a bit more bloated in the bass maybe, they are probably better for edm because of the bass impact but in my opinion the hd25 is the better all rounder and also their sound is super easy to eq....the amperiors do not respond as well to eq IMO... i can make the hd25's sound like the amperiors with some tweaking but i cant make the amperiors sound like a hd25.... :)

The amperiors are easier to drive but the hd25's are easier to drive to as well.... its noticeable but the hd25's volume without an amp on a ipad for example is more than enough... i listen to lots of edm and even on the street i dont go beyond 75% of volume....

Also after some thinking and after posting some ads to sell both i reached some conclusions....  for example, everyone knows a hd25 because.... well, it is simply one of the most regarded headphones in the audio industry. Although the amperior is a hd25 based headphone the hd25is much easier to resell because dj's, producers and audio lovers like us are always looking for a pair and unless the person interested has a deep interest in headphones like we do, the chances of knowing a hd25 are much greater than knowing a amperior.

Talking about build and confort.... the hd25 is lighter and more durable. The extra weight of the cups on the amperiors makes them IMO more unconfortable, not so forgetable on the head and the fit and confort is not as good as the hd25's with the pleather pads. Toss a pair of amperiors and hd25's on a concrete floor (not that i've done that... :D ) and the hd25 will look like new... the aluminium cups on the amperior will easilly become damaged (if the purpose is heavy duty use).... if something happens to the hd25s, parts are much easier to find and probably much cheaper while only a replacement cup for the amperiors may cost the same as brand new pair hd25's....

Also in the future i highly doubt there will be many parts to fix a amperior or hd25 ALU and they will not be cheap for sure...

For the last 6 months i always found myself reaching more for the hd25s than the amperiors.... so, my choice is made...

HD25's stay, amperiors go, Also it would be stupid to keep 2 headphones that are basically the same for much longer.... and i've already kept both for tooooooo long....

... with the money i am finally investing in a pair of decent over ears.... maybe a ath m50x or a dt770's.... i desperatly need some over ears again. :)

i agree personally with the fact that theres no reason to keep both imo.... if their that close to your ears. just pick your favorite out of the two and not worry about what others think, your listening to it at the end of the day...

just the amperiors are more often on a discount nowadays. the following behind the hd25 is still too strong...

Oct 1, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #47 of 50
My hd25 seem to have a problem with internal cable connection..

if they get a bit shaked, they lose the signal either on left or right cup, when readjusting they awaken again.

how can they be fixed?

Oct 1, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #48 of 50
My hd25 seem to have a problem with internal cable connection..

if they get a bit shaked, they lose the signal either on left or right cup, when readjusting they awaken again.

how can they be fixed?

mines is the same for my amperior (1/month at least) so not too bad, u might have to buy another cable soon

Dec 7, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #50 of 50
I had the Amperior for one week. Sold it off... I found it sibilant.. Not for me... :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back