REVIEW: Sennheiser HD 215 (vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50)
Sep 14, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

I wonder how long that review will be...
wink.gif

Quote:

That sounds good to me. I think Sennheiser's idea of loaning out their headphones to some Head-Fi'ers was great. I admire them for letting us try them. I think the combination of reviews by different Head-Fi'ers ultimately provides a pretty fair and unbiased evaluation of the product. It's never wise to trust just one opinion, but the combination of opinions by different Head-Fi'ers eventually presents something very close to the truth. I admire Sennheiser for letting us run the HD 215's through the Head-Fi wringer! 
gs1000.gif

As long as they send them to you guys who have heard the other Sennheisers and have a point of reference. Then it is easier to spot the differences and improvements.

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:
As long as they send them to you guys who have heard the other Sennheisers and have a point of reference. Then it is easier to spot the differences and improvements.

Hey, I'll take the job until I die or they find someone better.  Though realistically, I think Katun and FearSC549 would be good reviewers as well.  They both have an insane number of Senns. 
wink.gif

Nov 27, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:
How good $99 HD215 actually from other competition?
I found Sennheiser offering quite cheap, but also quite not so serious on DJ department

I'm currently reviewing another pair of DJ cans ATM, the Numark Electrowave.  So far, I appreciate its sound signature much more, and would easily recommend it over the HD 215.  It's also only $89 on Amazon right now.  My full review won't be out for a while, but I don't imagine my final conclusion will be very different from what I think about them now.  They're quite good IMO.

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

I'm currently reviewing another pair of DJ cans ATM, the Numark Electrowave.  So far, I appreciate its sound signature much more, and would easily recommend it over the HD 215.  It's also only $89 on Amazon right now.  My full review won't be out for a while, but I don't imagine my final conclusion will be very different from what I think about them now.  They're quite good IMO.

Never heard of it
A bit interested with sennheiser DJ offering 

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:
A bit interested with sennheiser DJ offering 

Well, if I had to pick between the HD 205 and the HD 215, I would pick the HD 215 easily.  The [clamping] force is [just too] strong with the HD 205.

Nov 28, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Well, if I had to pick between the HD 205 and the HD 215, I would pick the HD 215 easily.  The [clamping] force is [just too] strong with the HD 205.

I prefer full size, even it hard clamping because not sitting direct on ears. But a little bit worried on SQ.
Im from K518DJ so my ears can tolerate it . The HD215 has neutral presentation (not bassy) right? 
Preferable for mixing perhaps, but will in fun & engaging enough for enjoying music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back