Review: RIVA Turbo X High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker – Plus Headquarters Tour
Mar 23, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #166 of 234
Mar 27, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #167 of 234
Hi all, oddball issue here (zombie thread come back to life!) - I picked up a RIVA S player at CamJam 2016, but while it works well with my iPhone and computer via iTunes, it does not accept a signal from Audirvana Plus. Any ideas why this might be? I prefer not to use iTunes and like Audirvana Plus... Insights appreciated...

Mar 27, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #168 of 234
Hi all, oddball issue here (zombie thread come back to life!) - I picked up a RIVA S player at CamJam 2016, but while it works well with my iPhone and computer via iTunes, it does not accept a signal from Audirvana Plus. Any ideas why this might be? I prefer not to use iTunes and like Audirvana Plus... Insights appreciated...

Never a zombie thread - I'm right here! :wink:

Congratulations on the purchase!

Maybe play with specific settings - what computer are you using? As much into will be most helpful (PC or Mac, OS version, etc.)

I can try it out as well and let you know what worked for me, and I'm sure Donald North and riva audio will be investigating as well for you.

Mar 30, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #169 of 234
Hi melomaniac and moedawg140,

After speaking to Audirvana Plus support, the way to resolve this is by entering the Audio System page of the Preferences menu and disabling Direct Mode. Please feel free to reach out to us any time with questions.

Thanks!

Mar 30, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #170 of 234
  Hi melomaniac and moedawg140,

After speaking to Audirvana Plus support, the way to resolve this is by entering the Audio System page of the Preferences menu and disabling Direct Mode. Please feel free to reach out to us any time with questions.

Thanks!

Beautiful - you are amazing, thanks for the reply! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #171 of 234
  "Let's be in unison"...stay tuned...

By any chance, are we talking about TrueWireless unison of two Riva S synced together?
wink.gif

I figured since we don't have a dedicated Riva S thread, many Riva Turbo X users might be interested to check out the review of its little brother I just posted: http://www.head-fi.org/products/riva-s-premium-wireless-bluetooth-speaker-black/reviews/15738

Great job @riva audio and @Donald North
beerchug.gif

Apr 17, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #172 of 234
I ordered my Turbo X back in early March and received it promptly via Amazon Prime. I waited until my actual birthday to open it and play it and playing it plugged in it sounded wonderful. There was a problem, though, it would not play unplugged. I kept thinking that it was operator error, so I looked online at YouTube videos and comments. Finally, completely frustrated, I called RIVA customer service and realized this should have been my first call. After two simple questions, they said that I needed to send it to them for testing, but to include all charts, connectors and accessories.

After a few days I received an email that it was coming back to me, however I did not realize it was had to be signed for delivery. Had I known, I may have sent it to my business address and received it a few days early. But, no bother, I came home early from work next day and halfway sprinted to meet my UPS delivery man in the middle of my driveway. As soon as I could, I plugged it in and saw the battery icon light up on the back and new this one worked well.

I agree with Moedawg140's comments. This is an outstanding speaker, not only a Bluetooth speaker, but a speaker period. I have not gone through "burn in" or tested it in different rooms yet, but I have simply enjoyed the sound.

May 2, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #173 of 234
Hey there,
I decided to keep my near field system at work simple and want to buy a riva turbo x... It's not that easy in Germany as it seems...
I am going to feed it from my Chord Mojo and I aim for maximum performance, wanted to ask if you have recommendations for cables and maybe a speaker stand.

Cheers

May 11, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #174 of 234
OK so the Riva turbo x is waiting at the post office and I will pick it up tomorrow morning.
I was thinking of this stand http://www.amazon.com/IsoAcoustics-1004208-ISO-L8R130-Small-Pair/dp/B00CODRTNC

I think this should work, if only they where sold sperately.

May 12, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #175 of 234
OK so the Riva turbo x is waiting at the post office and I will pick it up tomorrow morning.
I was thinking of this stand http://www.amazon.com/IsoAcoustics-1004208-ISO-L8R130-Small-Pair/dp/B00CODRTNC

I think this should work, if only they where sold sperately.

Very interesting.  Please let us know how it works out (with pictures would be great).  Thanks in advance!

May 12, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #176 of 234
Yeah I will do that.
Haven't bought the stand yet, since it appears they are only sold as pairs. And I guess they are to small for the Elac UB5(my next planed investment). Most likely I will buy it anyway.
I will post some impressions and pics of the Riva turbo x / Mojo stack later. Couldn't pick it up this morning, so I have to wait till lunch break... like 2 more hours....

Cheers

May 12, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #177 of 234
Show of hands...  Who has a stand for their Turbo X?

I carry mine around all over the house and can't imagine buying a $90/2 = $45 stand for this (or any) portable bluetooth speaker.

May 13, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #178 of 234
Hey there, I am really swamped right now, so pics and a detailed impressions have to wait a little.... Just so much for now, if you thought Riva turbo x was loud right out of the box, you wouldn't believe the sound that comes out of this little box, when Mojo feeds it with 1.9 V :)

Edit: LOL I just discovered that my phone has a master volume for Bluetooth...So the difference in volume might be not that big after all :)
Anyway I will evaluate the capability via Bluetooth from scratch.
Also I will buy a high quality analog cable and possibly the bespoke stand and then I will follow-up with a detailed comparison between the two setups
:)

Cheers

Jun 9, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #179 of 234
Here are a few pictures of RIVA from T.H.E. Show Newport a few days ago:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/806385/t-h-e-show-newport-2016-june-3-5/45#post_12634840.

Still, some of the best Bluetooth speakers you can buy!

Jun 9, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #180 of 234
Hey there,

I will soon follow up with a comparison of Riva with Mojo against Riva with Bluetooth...finally
The reason I didn't do it before is that I mainly use the Riva for backround / ambient music at work and for that purpose I use it via Bluetooth since I can't turn it up to 11. And it is the high volume where Mojo shines together with the Turbo x. Another reason is that I am sure that the stock cable from the Riva, which I still use for connecting the two, kills lots of Mojos magic.
My custom cable from Forza Audio Works should arrive this week and then I will do some more careful listening with Mojo and report back.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back