Review: RHA MA-750 (one of the best sub $200 IEM's around)
Nov 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #16 of 106
Well that's awkward.  I would never think of selling a product sent to me for review, but we're not all the same, are we?  

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #17 of 106

Quote:
  Are these the ones you had up for sale recently? Tsk tsk....

Nope, didn't have these up for sale, like em too much.

Can't really compare to SE215 as I haven't heard the SE215 in a long time.

I'm going to get some Custom Sleeves from Snugs soon, will try them on these.

They do sound a bit better with eq, but I didn't find the mids very veiled, more the highs subdued.

If you say so....

LOLOLOL! 
biggrin.gif
  HAHAHAHA!

But also as a reminder to everyone else...

Carry on. 
smile.gif

Nov 21, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #19 of 106
Just a little awkward :wink: and technically they didn't officially go "up for sale" hehe

Get back on track now this has been cleared up? :)

Nov 21, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #20 of 106
Hehe, no worries, we've all said and done silly things here before.  This will just be one of those things we tease you about years from now at a meet or something.  "Hey ostewart, remember that time when you..." 
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #22 of 106
Hello again everyone!

I have been asked by a fellow member to do a quick comparison of the Heaven II vs RHA MA-750, I will write a quick comparison, in won't go into detail just the basics. Also because I dont have either on hand at the moment (Heaven II being fitted with custom tips/MA-750 given to my girlfriend)

First off they are very different IEM's, so neither is better as such.

The MA-750 is warmer, much harder hitting dynamic lows. The mids are affected by this and sound very warm but have good tone. The highs leave a little to be desired, there is a slight hump in the upper mids/lower treble region which some perceive to be harsh. I do not find them harsh, they are laid back and fun to listen to. The soundstage is very wide.

The Heaven II is leaner but more detailed and faster. These dont lack body but dont have the power that the 750's have in the lows, also these dont extend quite as far down. The mids are much cleaner on the Heaven II, also with realistic tone (more so than the 750) the mids are intimate. The highs again leave a little to be desired, but due to the lows of the 750, these dont sound as dark. The highs are more pronounced on the heaven II.

Amping: the MA-750 don't gain much from amping, but as you've all read on the Heaven II review, the Heaven series turn into completely different beasts with good gear. The RHA are stellar for the price, but if you have the right gear the Heaven II will demolish them.

So there we have it, MA-750 warm/dark laid back with wide soundstage
Heaven II balanced with intimate mids but airy sound, good body and SQ with good amping is comparable to IEM's much more expensive.

Thanks for reading!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/691636/review-final-audio-design-heaven-ii#post_10018758

Dec 4, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #24 of 106
R50 are brighter and faster, more detailed but lacking some body and dont sound very natural due to the slightly thin nature of the sound.

SE215 are very competent, maybe even slightly more neutral than the MA-750, as the 750 is thicker sounding but also smoother and more relaxing to listen to. The Shure has a more engaging sound but less low end and articulation.

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #25 of 106
thanks ostewart !!!

Amazon is out of stock and I have to wait for a week or two. How about the bass on these?? Most reviews say there is quite some bass there. I don't want something that's too bassy but would like to have something that has moderate bass and bit detailed too (not too detailed as the etymotic one's). I was contemplating the Shure se215's up until now :).

Thanks.

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #26 of 106
They do have a good amount of bass, but still some detail. Nothing over the top.

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #27 of 106
Thanks ostewart. What do u suggest ? Shure SE 215 vs RHA MA-750 ( the 3 year warranty is tempting though). Also any idea if the button + mic on 750i works with android phones like htc one ? the difference is too less (10$) to ignore :)

Dec 5, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #29 of 106
  thanks ostewart !!!

Amazon is out of stock and I have to wait for a week or two. How about the bass on these?? Most reviews say there is quite some bass there. I don't want something that's too bassy but would like to have something that has moderate bass and bit detailed too (not too detailed as the etymotic one's). I was contemplating the Shure se215's up until now :).

Thanks.

My issue with the bass is that it bleeds into the mids making things sound muddy and dark.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back