Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 9, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #7,126 of 7,140
The socket with the light is the line/dig out socket. The light is optical dig and nothing to do with the amp portion. The other socket is the headphone socket. Try a reset which I think if holding the side button down for 1/2 a minute or so on turn on. Can't help beyond that.

Wow that helped, partially at least. On startup now it constantly asks to choose a language and I need the headphones to be already plugged in in order for the device not to shutoff. If The headphone is plugged after startup, it automatically shuts off.

Oct 11, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #7,127 of 7,140
Wow that helped, partially at least. On startup now it constantly asks to choose a language and I need the headphones to be already plugged in in order for the device not to shutoff. If The headphone is plugged after startup, it automatically shuts off.

This seems to be a very similar issue to the one I reported just a few pages back in this thread. The device needs to be charged properly from an outlet. Then, when fully charged, the battery should last for several hours. The battery indicator of QP1R does not work properly. When it says 90% perhaps it is rather 10%.

Dec 15, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #7,130 of 7,140
Hi. Does anyone know where there is the revised version of the QP1R? All the sellers on eBay either say they don't know, or it's not a QP2R! Idiots. I'm in Jersey, Channel Islands, so Europe only, please.

Dec 15, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #7,131 of 7,140
Hi. Does anyone know where there is the revised version of the QP1R? All the sellers on eBay either say they don't know, or it's not a QP2R! Idiots. I'm in Jersey, Channel Islands, so Europe only, please.
If the serial number is higher than 10709501710* then it will be the newer version 😜. They came with the screen protectors and wheel skins I believe, whereas the older version didn't...

* this WAS my number and was checked by SCV who confirmed it was the newer version, but I don't know at what number the newer version starts at.

Dec 15, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #7,132 of 7,140
Thanks. The only way I know of knowing the difference is the newer version has a clear rubbery coating on the scroll wheel, and it has a different feel to it, similar to the QP2R. I've had both similtaniously.

Dec 16, 2021 at 1:48 AM Post #7,134 of 7,140
I've owned both at the same time. The QP2R is better, if not as powerful, and I've never heard of it suffering the battery indicator fault that most of the original spec QP1R's do.

However, I've heard that the 2.5mm headphone out is prone to failure. Maybe someone can confirm this. Out of the two, I'd prefer, and that's why I'm seeking one, is the revised version of the QP1R.

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #7,136 of 7,140
It is one of the best sounding DAPS ever. Do you know if anyone has successfully replaced the battery. The battery software never worked and often would shut down below 75%. I never replaced mine as it sounds so nice. Is there anything better out there now??

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:34 AM Post #7,137 of 7,140
Mine is also still working great, battery keeping up decent work. Since the beginning driving the same oppo pm-3's and ether flow's
Sound is perfectly balanced
Only flaw for me is, that when I choose random for the whole library (play by category -> songs -> random playback) sometimes it stops in the middle of the song and skips to the next. Annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back