Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 29, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #6,560 of 7,140
I just reread your post. Does the QP2R not play nicely with your 846s? If so, why. Although I use my Angies most of the time, I still have a fondness for my Shures, PITA though they might be for cutting out with those snap-in connectors.

I have the QPR1 and the Shures sound great. I don't have the QPR2 but all the comments on that thread in relation to the 846 said that they hiss noticeably. That reason along with only one SD slot means that I wouldn't choose to upgrade.

Oct 29, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #6,561 of 7,140
I have the QPR1 and the Shures sound great. I don't have the QPR2 but all the comments on that thread in relation to the 846 said that they hiss noticeably. That reason along with only one SD slot means that I wouldn't choose to upgrade.
I also chose to skip the 2R on the one-slot issue, and that the only reason for my buying it would be for the balanced technology; and I don't have any balanced IEM connection. As long as they stick to an accessable interface such as the four-button configuration, and don't contaminate their DAPs with wirelessness and Goldylocks-oriented streaming crap, and keep with their current techno, I'm a fan.

Nov 11, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #6,562 of 7,140
I have a question about a possible update. I've just compressed my DSD files to WavPack .wv, saving literally hundreds of MB space. Is it possible to offer Wavpack 5.x.x as a software upgrade at some time? Or is it a DAC chip issue?
Just think of the space one could save on the cards.

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #6,563 of 7,140
oh crap, I need some help...
Just bought the original leather case for QP1R and now its stuck on the device..
Any suggestions to remove the case?

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #6,565 of 7,140
A question to Maurice. Any news on a fix for the bug in 1.0.9 that has an approximate 20% volume drop over 1.0.8?
No news as of late, my apologies.
oh ****, I need some help...
Just bought the original leather case for QP1R and now its stuck on the device..
Any suggestions to remove the case?
I would hold the sides of the device tightly while pulling the top of the device that sticks/juts out and moving the device forward and backward away and towards you. Good luck!

Hey everyone,

I haven’t posted on Head-Fi in quite a while, due to taking care of my life (family, work, et cetera). All that I can say is all is well and I’m blessed to be alive.

For those even mildly interested, I usually post each day or night updates with regards to my life via personal Instagram account (moedawg140). Feel free to add me, if you’d like.

I hope you are taking care of yourselves, your families, and stay blessed!

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #6,566 of 7,140
I believe you have to push out from the bottom opening.
Find something not sharp to do it with.
This will work as well. Thank you for the quick response!

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #6,567 of 7,140
Oh great, worried me for a second.
I used the metal end of a stapler and worked it out.
Added a small piece of paper between the device back and the inner leather to reduce the friction.

Nov 22, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #6,568 of 7,140
I put both thumbs on the disply and gently slide up. Do not put a lot of pressure down on the glass, just slide it upwards. Works every time and have never broken the glass. Using something to push it out from the bottom or grab from the top can scrtach the aluminum body.

Nov 22, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #6,569 of 7,140
No news as of late, my apologies.

I would hold the sides of the device tightly while pulling the top of the device that sticks/juts out and moving the device forward and backward away and towards you. Good luck!

Hey everyone,

I haven’t posted on Head-Fi in quite a while, due to taking care of my life (family, work, et cetera). All that I can say is all is well and I’m blessed to be alive.

For those even mildly interested, I usually post each day or night updates with regards to my life via personal Instagram account (moedawg140). Feel free to add me, if you’d like.

I hope you are taking care of yourselves, your families, and stay blessed!
Glad to hear you're still hangin' in Moe. Life's good up here, too.

Nov 27, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #6,570 of 7,140
@bSquared64,
I can get a 400GB card for a reasonable price. My concern is, would it be able to function in the QP1R? I don't care about library or playlist functions; I just use file browsing for my listening. I have lots of tracks, and wouldn't mind the bigger card, especially since a large portion of my music is higher bitrate. Thanks in advance.
And while I'm here, is there any chance of upgrading for the 1R? Or is that it for the player? I still have that faint hope for the play-through function being added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back