Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jun 11, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #6,436 of 7,140
Hey guys.

Sorry i haven't posted sooner, I managed to catch Bronchitis while at the Munich High End show in Germany, which became Pneumonia by the time I returned home. Needless to say, it knocked me on my @ss for the last few weeks.

Anyway, all the players with the battery indicator fix were shipped, are on their way back to us and should arrive here around the 15th of this month. Once I have them back, I will contact each of you to arrange shipment of your unit and the return of the loaner. Thank you all for your patience.

B2

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #6,437 of 7,140
I am starting to really miss my QP1R! Hopefully the scroll wheel repair won't go on too much longer. Anyway, I travel so much that now I am considering having a backup DAP.
I am not looking for a QP1R quality sounding player but rather an inexpensive one that sounds decent and could serve as a backup. Or maybe I already have that in my iPhone 6S? I only have Spotify downloads or streaming on my phone though and they can't compete with high res files or CD rips. Plus the battery life is dismal driving headphones and I don't want to drain my phone. I would need to at least purchase a backup battery if I use that. Any DAP suggestions? Or just use my phone?

I recently sold my Fiio X5ii, but it would make a good back up and has many similar characteristics with the QP1R. What's your budget?

My back up is now my old iPod classic.

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #6,438 of 7,140
I am starting to really miss my QP1R! Hopefully the scroll wheel repair won't go on too much longer. Anyway, I travel so much that now I am considering having a backup DAP.
I am not looking for a QP1R quality sounding player but rather an inexpensive one that sounds decent and could serve as a backup. Or maybe I already have that in my iPhone 6S? I only have Spotify downloads or streaming on my phone though and they can't compete with high res files or CD rips. Plus the battery life is dismal driving headphones and I don't want to drain my phone. I would need to at least purchase a backup battery if I use that. Any DAP suggestions?
The Shanling M0 is awesome. Only $99. You can even use your phone and stream to the M0 via USB or bluetooth if you like. No LDAC or AptX for you Apple fans I'm afraid, but it does supports your AAC BT codec.

Sorry i haven't posted sooner, I managed to catch Bronchitis while at the Munich High End show in Germany, which became Pneumonia by the time I returned home. Needless to say, it knocked me on my @ss for the last few weeks.

Dang - get well soon buddy!

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #6,440 of 7,140
Hey guys.

Anyway, all the players with the battery indicator fix were shipped, are on their way back to us and should arrive here around the 15th of this month. Once I have them back, I will contact each of you to arrange shipment of your unit and the return of the loaner. Thank you all for your patience.

B2

Glad you are better.

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #6,441 of 7,140
Hey guys.

B2
Thank Bog it wasn't the German miesels.

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #6,442 of 7,140
I am not looking for a QP1R quality sounding player but rather an inexpensive one that sounds decent and could serve as a backup. Or maybe I already have that in my iPhone 6S? I only have Spotify downloads or streaming on my phone though and they can't compete with high res files or CD rips. Plus the battery life is dismal driving headphones and I don't want to drain my phone. I would need to at least purchase a backup battery if I use that. Any DAP suggestions? Or just use my phone?
I could let you have a Fiio X5 1st Gen for shipping cost, as it's reeeealy out of date. Only problem is the spring in the first slot won't pop out the card. It ain't much, but PM me if at all interested.

Jun 11, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #6,444 of 7,140
Hey welcome back B2! Please let me know if you have any timeline on the scroll wheel fix.
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll check out the X5 and the M0.
Thanks for the offer UELong but I'd rather something new.
Budget is just the minimum for something that isn't a waste of money :wink:

Jun 11, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #6,445 of 7,140
Hey welcome back B2! Please let me know if you have any timeline on the scroll wheel fix.
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll check out the X5 and the M0.
Thanks for the offer UELong but I'd rather something new.
Budget is just the minimum for something that isn't a waste of money :wink:
Cool. I'm just going to load it with some music and give it to my autistic sister, anyway. Good luck, sir or M'am.

Jun 11, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #6,446 of 7,140
Hey guys.

B2

Get well soon Bruce and thank you for your assistance on my QP1R. It's already repaired and my sister will be bringing it home from HK on the 23rd. Can't wait to listen on my Empire Ears Spartan from my QP1R. I'm sure it'll sound heavenly.

Jun 12, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #6,448 of 7,140
That Shanling M0 looks perfect for a backup player. I can put one of the micro SD cards from my QP1R in there.
I really love the M0. It doesn't sound quite as good as the QP1R, but it's not that far off and it does have a much quieter (silent) noise floor.
It has to be the best value-for-money audio gizmo I've ever seen :)

Jun 13, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #6,449 of 7,140
I am listening to the Questyle QP1R on my Bottlehead Crack. I have it connected using Audioquest Big Sur 3.5 mm to RCA cable. I have not yet received the Tung Sol 5998. However, I received the Mullard CV4003. Currently I am running it with an RCA 6080 power tube. I really love the fact that this tube has made the treble and cymbals sound much more realistic and clear. That is the first thing I notice. I am using Sennheiser HD650 Headphones. This sounds freaking amazing is all I can say.

Jul 4, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #6,450 of 7,140
Well, I'm not sure I'll ever get my QP1R back but in the meantime I am having a blast playing with the Shanling M0. For $99 bucks it is pretty sick. I plug one of the 200GB cards from my QP1R in it, update, and I'm rocking, Now, I did get an email from B2 a couple of weeks ago saying my QP1R was on the way back from the repair shop but damn, its been a couple of months without my player. It has been so long I'm in danger of forgetting I ever had a Questyle DAP! Anywhoo, I can highly recommend the Shanling M0 as a backup player. If you ever have to send your QP1R back you will be waiting forever and the Shanling M0 can get the job done in the meantime. Seriously, you could buy a dozen of these for the price of a QP2R, they are more portable, they have Bluetooth, and they run FAT32 micro SD Cards. With something like the Etymotic ER3XR IEM's that can deliver great sound at a small price you have an excellent backup rig. That is where I am at now, components that do not give you everything, but what they give you is great. That said, I really hope to have my QP1R back before I leave for my big summer vacation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back