Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jun 5, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #6,421 of 7,140
@bSquared64 has not posted for some time. Everything okay?

Jun 5, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #6,422 of 7,140
He told me he caught a bug (sick) in Munich. He has my QP1R now for scroll wheel repair so I hope he is better! I miss it and of course I have a lot of summer travel coming up. Looks like I may have to settle for an iPhone and Spotify...

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #6,423 of 7,140
@moedawg140 just checking in. I hope you're getting stronger each and every day. Your input always kicks major ass.

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #6,424 of 7,140
@moedawg140 just checking in. I hope you're getting stronger each and every day. Your input always kicks major ass.
Hey @Quadfather , I hope all is well with you!

I’m now in my 9th week back to work, thank God.

Also, a couple of weeks ago I went live with regards to wrestling at my gym. I was very apprehensive to go live, but as soon as I saw the currently undefeated number one ranked fighter in the world Brian Ortega go into my UFC Gym’s octagon and mutually request we go live, I felt like it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do so. I will post the video (onto my Instagram [moedawg140]) once Ortega defeats Max Holloway July 7th for the title.

CB8DFF92-5DF4-451E-8CED-1512792892C7.jpeg

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #6,425 of 7,140
Hey @Quadfather , I hope all is well with you!

I’m now in my 9th week back to work, thank God.

Also, a couple of weeks ago I went live with regards to wrestling at my gym. I was very apprehensive to go live, but as soon as I saw the currently undefeated number one ranked fighter in the world Brian Ortega go into my UFC Gym’s octagon and mutually request we go live, I felt like it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do so. I will post the video (onto my Instagram [moedawg140]) once Ortega defeats Max Holloway July 7th for the title.

You look great. Good to see a big smile on your face.

Jun 9, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #6,427 of 7,140
Hi moedawg140

Have you heard anything back from Questyle about the volume reduction issue?

Regards

Darren
Hi Darren,

I haven’t heard anything, but I’ll make sure to update the thread if and when I find out.

Jun 10, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #6,429 of 7,140
Jun 10, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #6,430 of 7,140
I mentioned before that I thought it might be an easy fix, as they could use the code that controls the volume from the 1.0.8 firmware. Or is that too simplistic?

While I've got your attention, is it worth selling the QP1R to fund a QP2R? I've heard about the hissing issue, but iFi Audio make an attenuator that can fix that, but I've also heard it isn't as powerful as the QP1R?

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #6,431 of 7,140
I mentioned before that I thought it might be an easy fix, as they could use the code that controls the volume from the 1.0.8 firmware. Or is that too simplistic?

While I've got your attention, is it worth selling the QP1R to fund a QP2R? I've heard about the hissing issue, but iFi Audio make an attenuator that can fix that, but I've also heard it isn't as powerful as the QP1R?
Attention is one thing - actually wanting to respond is another. Just kidding.

I’d say it isn’t worth it to sell the QP1R to fund the QP2R. I would much rather add a DAC/Amp such as the iFi Audio Black Label for added power and versatility.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #6,433 of 7,140
I've got an iDSD Black, but never tried using it with the QP1R.
Try it, you may like it, especially if you don’t mind a slightly larger footprint.

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #6,434 of 7,140
I am starting to really miss my QP1R! Hopefully the scroll wheel repair won't go on too much longer. Anyway, I travel so much that now I am considering having a backup DAP.
I am not looking for a QP1R quality sounding player but rather an inexpensive one that sounds decent and could serve as a backup. Or maybe I already have that in my iPhone 6S? I only have Spotify downloads or streaming on my phone though and they can't compete with high res files or CD rips. Plus the battery life is dismal driving headphones and I don't want to drain my phone. I would need to at least purchase a backup battery if I use that. Any DAP suggestions? Or just use my phone?

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #6,435 of 7,140
I am starting to really miss my QP1R! Hopefully the scroll wheel repair won't go on too much longer. Anyway, I travel so much that now I am considering having a backup DAP.
I am not looking for a QP1R quality sounding player but rather an inexpensive one that sounds decent and could serve as a backup. Or maybe I already have that in my iPhone 6S? I only have Spotify downloads or streaming on my phone though and they can't compete with high res files or CD rips. Plus the battery life is dismal driving headphones and I don't want to drain my phone. I would need to at least purchase a backup battery if I use that. Any DAP suggestions? Or just use my phone?

What is your price range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back