Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jan 11, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #6,016 of 7,140
Yes ... Sorry I thought that was assumed .. updated when new firmware was released

Sure, I guessed it would be, just double checking. If that didn't work get in touch with your local importer.

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #6,017 of 7,140
What about the QP2R? How does it sound compared to the QP1R?

When I demoed both units I came to the following conclusion.

QP1R-> More low end, dynamics and intimate but smaller sound stage. Louder than QP2R.
QP2R-> More mid based. More referenced. Reverbs are bigger and longer.

I bought the QP2R. Battery indicator works perfect.

Jan 13, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #6,018 of 7,140
Not to hop on things but my battery indicator still isn't correct. Currently my indicator on my older unit only ranges between 89%-100%.

Example from this morning ... Turn on .. 91% after 2-3 hours it changed to 100% and then turned off about 15-20 minutes after that. Plugged it in to charge it still displays 100%

My other unit with the new wheel works just fine so far

This happens to me as well. Past 90% the battery drops fast and usually shuts down between 70-80%. When I plug it to charge it displays 100% so I can only estimate how much I'll charge it

Jan 13, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #6,021 of 7,140
Thanks for the answer. I read on Questyle's site that the QP2R has a "Special chip used for accurate detection of battery level". Nothing is mentioned as to if the QP1R had one.

As I want two SD slots, the QP1R is my only Questyle solution at the moment.

The sd slot of QP2R will be usable for cards up to 2 tb. Seems future proof. :wink: Unless you prefer having 2 different cards. Then sticking to QP1R might be best for you.

Jan 13, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #6,023 of 7,140
No matter how big cards get, two big cards hold more than one big card. I've got two 400gb cards in my FiiO X7ii and even though I have plenty of space left, would have to make a "Best of" if I were to put everything on one card.

Even if you don't need two stupidGB sized cards, two smaller cards are much cheaper than one of the combined size.

Also, safer. If you suffer a card failure you will only lose half your music until you get a replacement.

I see your point.

Jan 13, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #6,025 of 7,140
There is no recall, or any plans of such, or any need to. Thus far, there are extremely few players that are still experiencing an issue with the battery indicator after the update, so far 7 here and 2 outside of the head-fi community, of the thousands that are out there! It would obviously be ridiculous to recall all of them because of a very few players. That said, I am sure those of yo that are still experiencing an issue don't want to hear any of this, only want YOUR player to work correctly and we assure you that we will make that so.
Hi, and thank you for posting this information, it gives me some hope. It does leave an obvious question though. Of the "thousands that are out there", how many owners were notified to contact you about this battery issue? I see your post on two Qp1R threads at Head-Fi requesting feedback. I do not know of your other efforts to contact customers. I also do not know how many QP1R owners follow these threads. To sum it up, without knowing the total sample size of owners that are aware of your request , the significance of the 7 owners with battery issue can not be determined. is it 7 out of 10, 7 out of 100, 7 out of 1000? I'm not sure anyone can know this, at this point.

Anyway, I am one of the seven, as my battery indicator has been useless, and remains so with update 1.09. It would be great to have a functioning indicator, which could have avoided the situation last summer on a transatlantic flight, when the QP1R, which initially indicated 100% charge, then ran out of power three hours into the flight. The indicator typically reads 100%, then between 20 minutes to a couple hours of playing, will read something like 98%, 97%, 93%. It stays in this range until the battery must be nearing depletion, as it then suddenly drops to 45%, and 10-20 minutes later 34%, with shutdown in less than 10. So the indicator really only tells me that I have some amount of charge(?), or it's a warning of impending shutdown. Charging brings the indicator very quickly to 100%, so I have no confidence knowing when charging is complete.

Since I can't rely on the battery indicator, I try to charge it frequently, for 150% of played time (using a 1-amp charger) This is not ideal, but without a useable indicator I'll end up over or under charging. Who knows?

But as everyone agrees, the QP1R sounds great.

Jan 13, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #6,026 of 7,140
My rule of thumb; charge it as soon as it drops below 90% for about 3-4 hours. Served me pretty well.

Does anyone know if it works with inline remote controls? Got a half price Fiio F5 on order ( mainly for cables and box!).

Thanks

Jan 13, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #6,027 of 7,140
Hey Guys.

We've just returned from our holiday break and hope you all had a very Merry Christmas or fantastic Hanukah and a very festive New Year celebration!!

Thus far, I have only received messages from 7 people that are complaining of still experiencing battery indicator issues. Is there anyone else here experiencing this, or any other issue with their QP1R, that hasn't yet contacted me? If so, please PM me your contact information as soon as possible so we can assist each and every one of you individually with any troubles you are experiencing

Those of you who have sent there info in, I will be in touch with you very shortly as we get caught up from being away for the holidays.

On behalf of all of us at Questyle we wish you all the very best for the new year!! May 2018 bring you all good health, happiness and prosperity, and I assure you, a fully working QP1R!

Thanks,

I believe I sent my info...

Quadfather aka Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back