Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 21, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #3,346 of 7,140
Little update for those having some issues with the battery indicator as of late, we are aware of the issue and are looking at the next firmware to correct the battery issue some folks having been experiencing.

Thanks Netforce. Great to know you guys are on the case :)

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #3,347 of 7,140

​Let me see if I can upload a short video later on this evening 
smily_headphones1.gif

That would be great. Thanks.

Hey Darren, hope this shows how smooth the wheel can be, without much pressure.

I do have the grip on, but I'm pretty sure it would be fairly good, even without  

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #3,349 of 7,140
Anyone know where I could find the grip to buy?  I'm pretty sure mine didn't come with one.

Also this thing is AMAZING.  Sounds incredible with my CIEMs so far.  Going to test it out with my headphones later when I get home from work.

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #3,350 of 7,140
Anyone know where I could find the grip to buy?  I'm pretty sure mine didn't come with one.

Also this thing is AMAZING.  Sounds incredible with my CIEMs so far.  Going to test it out with my headphones later when I get home from work.

Where are you based? The Questyle guys will be happy to send them out to you

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #3,351 of 7,140
Stop this crazy talk! LOL. I have the Sony NW-ZX2, Mojo and now you lot are making me want the QP1R as well. Clearly not acceptable :wink:

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #3,352 of 7,140
Thanks for the video. Seems to be perfect. How old is your unit? Is there any true that the wheel has undergone a revision?

About 2 weeks old mate. It was about £670.

Not 100% sure if it's a new version, but could well be.

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #3,353 of 7,140
Stop this crazy talk! LOL. I have the Sony NW-ZX2, Mojo and now you lot are making me want the QP1R as well. Clearly not acceptable :wink:

I got the same itch and jumped ship from the ZX2 :)

Oct 21, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #3,356 of 7,140
So right.  I may be happy with my DAP, but that doesn't mean I have to be abusive.  It's obvious that @darrencotter like s something about the QP, as he's hoping to get a 3rd one with his wheel issues resolved.
My apologies to him, and hope he gets what he's looking for.

Oct 21, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #3,357 of 7,140
Im about to join you crafty clown. Can anyone comment on qp1r working as a dac line out to speakers? Does it sound good? Last question before buying one.

I plugged it into the AUX jack of my wife's car with great sound.
As to whether it's strong enough to drive speakers, I don't know.  Powered speakers might do it.

Oct 21, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #3,359 of 7,140
The wheel on the QP1R is still the same, authorized dealers should now all have wheel stickers to apply to the player upon purchase. Getting additional wheel stickers shouldn't be a difficult endeavor but if you are having difficulty getting a hold of a wheel sticker from your dealer feel free to shoot me a pm on Head-fi. I have given a sticker to everyone who has asked me so far. 

I may need to grab some more soon as I have been sending out quite a few of them.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back