Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Sep 10, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #2,896 of 7,140
Ah, now you remember. I was wondering what happened. Your replies just stopped after I brought up my situation here. The cause of my frustration and ranting.
You're right, I purchased from the US because the price in Australia was overinflated at the time, even factoring in local gst and exchange rate. I knew fully well I wouldn't be covered by warranty. I wanted to ship my unit back to the States to have it repaired, or have it repaired locally, AT MY EXPENSE. I made this clear to Alden and Moon Audio.To be clear, non of my correspondence to them was replied to . You're right, a local dealer offered a replacement unit at considerable cost, but this isn't what I wanted. I wanted a repair at my expense. I stated this in my posts here as well.
So, understandably I ask, if Moon Audio are not going to service overseas customers, or even respond to emails from overseas customers, then why do they sell overseas, and why does Questyle allow them to sell overseas?
We wouldn't be having this discussion if your $900 product wasn't built with a scroll wheel which is seemingly manufactured with a dab of glue to attach it to the unit, and it functioned properly without a skin cover, which isn't attached, or supplied with the unit in the first place. My own, and other customers' frustrations with this issue are well documented in this thread. This scroll wheel situation really is "Mickey Mouse". The thing costs $900 and has a part attached by a dab of glue, and is allowed to be sold, with full knowledge that it doesn't work properly.

If you gave me a reply I wouldn't have gotten frustrated or felt the need to complain here. Your emails just stopped. I understand you may have been involved in some sort of accident, which may have prevented you from answering, in which case someone else from Questyle should have taken over. I feel my posts here were fully justified given the circumstances.

At the end of the day, regardless of whether I purchased from the US or Australia, I did hand over close to $1400 aud to your company for a pretty unpleasant experience overall. Your last post has just solidified that feeling. Will not deal with Questyle again.

bSquared64

Sep 11, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #2,897 of 7,140
Very happy with my QP1R 2 new pairings : oppo pm-3  
L3000.gif
 and trinity audio vyrus 
etysmile.gif

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #2,898 of 7,140
So, understandably I ask, if Moon Audio are not going to service overseas customers, or even respond to emails from overseas customers, then why do they sell overseas, and why does Questyle allow them to sell overseas?

@bSquared64

I'm not going to start blasting retailers here, but I also purchased from Moon. When I thought that I had a problem and contacted them only one or two days after receiving my unit I was told to go directly to Questyle. Either I could send the unit to Moon and they would ship to Questyle, or I could deal with Questyle directly. This was only one or two days after my QP1R arrived! I thought that I'd simply get a replacement or refund. Ultimately, I spoke to Bruce on the phone a few times, which turned out to be a great experience. There was no real problem with my player, and the issue was resolved with the wheel skin. My experience with the retailer certainly left a less than favorable taste in my mouth, but I know that Questyle stands behind their product. 
I more recently contacted Bruce again about another problem I thought I had. Near instant response, and an explanation that we could take care of it when he returned from Asia. As soon as he returned I received an email, and it is now myself that has been slow to follow up. Life happens to everybody. I'm currently trying to determine if the problem we discussed has resolved itself. 

Questyle - Good!
Retailer - ??? 

Walt

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #2,899 of 7,140
Ah, now you remember. I was wondering what happened. Your replies just stopped after I brought up my situation here. The cause of my frustration and ranting.
You're right, I purchased from the US because the price in Australia was overinflated at the time, even factoring in local gst and exchange rate. I knew fully well I wouldn't be covered by warranty. I wanted to ship my unit back to the States to have it repaired, or have it repaired locally, AT MY EXPENSE. I made this clear to Alden and Moon Audio.To be clear, non of my correspondence to them was replied to . You're right, a local dealer offered a replacement unit at considerable cost, but this isn't what I wanted. I wanted a repair at my expense. I stated this in my posts here as well.
We wouldn't be having this discussion if your $900 product wasn't built with a scroll wheel which is seemingly manufactured with a dab of glue to attach it to the unit, and it functioned properly without a skin cover, which isn't attached, or supplied with the unit in the first place. My own, and other customers' frustrations with this issue are well documented in this thread. This scroll wheel situation really is "Mickey Mouse". The thing costs $900 and has a part attached by a dab of glue, and is allowed to be sold, with full knowledge that it doesn't work properly.

If you gave me a reply I wouldn't have gotten frustrated or felt the need to complain here. Your emails just stopped. I understand you may have been involved in some sort of accident, which may have prevented you from answering, in which case someone else from Questyle should have taken over. I feel my posts here were fully justified given the circumstances.

At the end of the day, regardless of whether I purchased from the US or Australia, I did hand over close to $1400 aud to your company for a pretty unpleasant experience overall. Your last post has just solidified that feeling. Will not deal with Questyle again.

@bSquared64

Moon Audio should not be selling into other markets and should help anyone, anywhere that they directly sold an item too but that doesn't reflect on Questyle in any way or warrant your ire. That said, we also don't know if your portrayal of Moon's response is complete and fully accurate as I suspect their normal way of doing business is to help all their clients with service unless they've been insulted or compromised in some way. The previous post of not communicating well is disappointing but it was stated that they would take the unit back for servicing if needed. Something else that doesn't make sense is that if you're willing to pay for repairs, why in God's name would you want to ship it back to the US at all? The Aus distributor could easily handle that regardless of where purchased. It's not like they won't service 2nd hand units etc. Time would be shorter and cost would be lower. Sounds like you were going for warranty service which would require Moon in the loop and an otherwise undamaged unit which may also be at issue. Lots of your statements don't hold up well to scrutiny. If I were a jury, Questyle wins this one easily.. 

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #2,900 of 7,140
Moon Audio has been good to me, so I have no issues with them.

Sep 11, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #2,901 of 7,140

Just to be open and clear, Bruce.  Do you at QNorth America cover Canada?  Or does American Sound in Toronto handle our issues (if any, of course)?
Just checking, not picking an arguement.
Thanks.

Bruce is the North American office of the company, but American Sound handles all distribution for Canada and that would include service.

Sep 11, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #2,902 of 7,140

Just to be open and clear, Bruce.  Do you at QNorth America cover Canada?  Or does American Sound in Toronto handle our issues (if any, of course)?
Just checking, not picking an arguement.
Thanks.

Bruce is the North American office of the company, but American Sound handles all distribution for Canada and that would include service.

Thanks, just wanna be sure.  I found ASC to be a good dealer.

Sep 11, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #2,903 of 7,140
I am also very happy with my recent local warranty experience with Australian QP1R suppliers, Tivoli. Replaced my faulty QP1R unit that I purchased from them last Christmas in just three days! Even was nice enough to provide me with a scroll wheel skin which saves me the $50~ importing one from Japan.

Sep 11, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #2,904 of 7,140
I am also very happy with my recent local warranty experience with Australian QP1R suppliers, Tivoli. Replaced my faulty QP1R unit that I purchased from them last Christmas in just three days! Even was nice enough to provide me with a scroll wheel skin which saves me the $50~ importing one from Japan.

What was faulty on your replaced device?

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #2,906 of 7,140
Moon Audio should not be selling into other markets and should help anyone, anywhere that they directly sold an item too but that doesn't reflect on Questyle in any way or warrant your ire. That said, we also don't know if your portrayal of Moon's response is complete and fully accurate as I suspect their normal way of doing business is to help all their clients with service unless they've been insulted or compromised in some way. The previous post of not communicating well is disappointing but it was stated that they would take the unit back for servicing if needed. Something else that doesn't make sense is that if you're willing to pay for repairs, why in God's name would you want to ship it back to the US at all? The Aus distributor could easily handle that regardless of where purchased. It's not like they won't service 2nd hand units etc. Time would be shorter and cost would be lower. Sounds like you were going for warranty service which would require Moon in the loop and an otherwise undamaged unit which may also be at issue. Lots of your statements don't hold up well to scrutiny. If I were a jury, Questyle wins this one easily.. 
you're basically saying I'm lying yeah? Do you have access to the emails I sent ? Don't make assumptions without all the facts

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #2,907 of 7,140
that's nice to hear, but $50 dollars for a scroll wheel skin? Seriously? You shouldn't need this skin in the first place.

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #2,908 of 7,140
I am not sure what happened, but it looks like my QP1R is not working any more. I have used it for about 10 hours or so in total. It won’t start up and even if I try to hard reset it by pushing on the power button, for more than 30 seconds, it won’t start up. As well, I tried plugging in the usb charge to the wall and it won’t start up. Any suggestions?

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #2,909 of 7,140
I am not sure what happened, but it looks like my QP1R is not working any more. I have used it for about 10 hours or so in total. It won’t start up and even if I try to hard reset it by pushing on the power button, for more than 30 seconds, it won’t start up. As well, I tried plugging in the usb charge to the wall and it won’t start up. Any suggestions?

Hi,

Mine just happened for the first time ever couple days ago ( v 1.04 ).
Tried to turn on after a nightly charged. It won't turn on. Tried to press the power button on the side and still won't turn on. Plugged the usb to see if that thing is on or not. Nope. Unplugged usb then I tried to push the Middle button inside the scroll for about 10 seconds then the unit is back to normal.

Have you tried that yet?

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #2,910 of 7,140
Hi,

Mine just happened for the first time ever couple days ago ( v 1.04 ).
Tried to turn on after a nightly charged. It won't turn on. Tried to press the power button on the side and still won't turn on. Plugged the usb to see if that thing is on or not. Nope. Unplugged usb then I tried to push the Middle button inside the scroll for about 10 seconds then the unit is back to normal.

Have you tried that yet?

Tried that and no go. Thanks for replying though. Mine has the latest firmware on it btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back