Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Sep 9, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #2,882 of 7,140
The hardest thing is, do I have to wait for software improvement, or is my player damaged? As my dealer is talking of "charge it 6 hours longer than 100%", I doubt I get an replacement.

Sep 9, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #2,885 of 7,140
Finally got my QP1R down with battery life...
Can't say everything went down fine
I was curious as the battery indicator moved towards 13% (shutdown crash time for my player normally), but this time, player went further (we are talking about minutes, maybe 2-4 minutes, as my player plays for hours and hours until 50%, then running down in maybe 10 minutes.
I was really happy as there was message "battery low, please charge" at 10% (yes, no shutdown at 13%).
Then something strange happened: screen was on, and I saw the red colored 10% indicator turning 100% (again white, not red), then again, crash..
So, I'm disappointed.
Battery life is good, so from now on, I'm enjoying music, charging at 50%.
I'm not an expert, but is it that hard to get an indicator right that complicated?
First priority for me for an firmware change:
Cool battery

What is the current firmware on your unit? 

Sep 10, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #2,890 of 7,140
I already contacted my dealer before. The answer was it's software issue, Questyle knows about it and is working on it. The answer was also charge it for 6 hours after reaching 100% to recalibrate. It didn't work.

So when they claim it's software, why would they should replace my unit.
But when it's software, why there is only a handful of people reporting about it.
I also wonder: I think in this thread there are some guys connected to Questyle, can anyone confirm that Questyle is working on battery issues software-wise? Is this true? Or is my dealer lying? Because he isn't eager replacing units.
If I could get confirmation that it's software and there's a solution coming, I could relax. If not, I must go into quarrel with my dealer, and I just don't like that

Sep 10, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #2,893 of 7,140
Like I said before - customers are only valued if they live in the US

I don't understand why you don't get that distributors are not able to operate outside of their region. You should be taking your issues to your local distributor or dealer, rather than haranguing the North American office for only serving North America.  But of course you bought your product gray market, to save a few pennies then complain because you don't have local service.

Sep 10, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #2,894 of 7,140
I live in Australia. I get the impression that Questyle only gives a rats about business in the US. My troubles with my unit are well documented earlier in the thread. I've received zero customer service from both Questyle and Moon Audio (where I purchased from).
I've had to resort to my own diy solutions to solve my issues. Fortunately they seem to be working.

dcfac73

Ahh, yes, now I remember you!

So here's the problem, my friend. You are from Australia and purchased a Questyle product from a dealer in the USA, bypassing the official Australian Questyle distributor and authorized Australian dealers, presumably to get out of, and dodge paying any tax or duty in your country, and get it cheaper elsewhere. This is what is commonly known as buying "Gray Market" goods, which, as everyone knows, will have no warranty! Now, this is not only a Questyle policy, but the policy of just about every single company in consumer electronics, worldwide!! Anyone reading this can verify this by calling any consumer electronics company of their choice and asking them their policy on buying Gray Market and service and warranty policies, if doing so!

So, now it is my turn to call BS! I bent over backwards for you and gave you the same level of service that we at "QUESTYLE NORTH AMERICA" (last I checked Australia had not yet become the 51st state of the USA) give to all of our customers in North America, even though you are not in North America!! I even have private messages and emails between us to prove it. Furthermore, Alden, our International Sales Manager at the factory tried to provide you with the best level of customer service possible, and we even went as far as to ask our Australian distributor to assist you, even though you bypassed them and their Australian dealers, thus cheating them out of making a sale in YOUR country and cheating them from making a profit! But, even still, on our request, they offered to assist you the best way they were able. The end result was you insulted all of us, accused us all of being a "Mickey Mouse" company, bit the hand of everyone that tried to help you and posted several rants, insults and false accusations right here in this thread! Why on God's Earth would anyone want to lose money to help you when you were only disrespectful and nasty, the proof of which, as you kindly pointed out for me and everyone else, is right here in the pages of this thread for everyone to see!

We gave you 3 choices. 1) You could return it to the dealer you purchased it from in the USA, 2) You could return it to the factory to be repaired or 3) You could trade it in to the Australian Questyle distributor for a brand new unit, AT NEARLY THEIR COST (which was VERY kind of them given you went around them to begin with and they had absolutely nothing to do with the original sale or made any money whatsoever in the process), and you felt none of those choices were reasonable for you. What exactly is it you expect us to do for you. We offered to repair it at the factory (properly, not gluing it together) and even replace it with a brand new unit for a VERY reasonable charge!!

Allow me to also point out that the player did not have a warranty issue, you dropped it and broke it! This is not covered under warranty. For example, if you drop an iPhone and break the glass, does Apple say "oh geez, we make a **** product, we will fix or replace the phone for you free of charge!!" I think not! Let me also add that, and God should strike me dead right now if this is not 100% the truth; out of the thousands of QP1R players we have sold, only 3 units have ever come back with the wheel having come off the player and not a single one of those 3 were dropped very gently from only a few inches onto very padded carpeting, they were all dropped pretty hard onto a hard surface, like a concrete parking lot or a hardwood floor! All 3 of which, as they were purchased through proper channels, received top notch service. We repaired or replaced those units at no charge, as all 3 customers were also kind and courteous (two of which are regulars in this thread, if they wish to come forward and identify themselves) and that, my friend, is the level of service we at Questyle offer ALL our customers, worldwide, even though dropping and breaking them is not covered under any warranty!

As far as us only giving a "rats" for customers in the USA, you are absolutely correct. Questyle North America only gives a rats about servicing customers in North America because we are only authorized by the factory to service customers in NORTH AMERICA, hence our name, "Questyle North America"! Our German distributor only gives a rats about servicing customers in Germany, our UK distributor only gives a rats about servicing customers in the UK, our Japanese distributor only gives a rats about servicing customers in Japan, our distributor in Australia only gives a rats about servicing customers in Australia, and so on and so on and so on! This is because every country has a distributor that sells and provides service to customers in their country. Bypassing the distributor where you live and buying from another country and then expecting the distributor, or dealers, in your country or even the factory, to provide you with top level service, at no charge to you, is totally unreasonable.

So let's try and put this all behind us. We would like to offer you the best service we can going forward, the same level of service we give all of our customers, but you have to go through the proper channels, and stop being insulting and disrespectful. How things go forward from here, is entirely up to you.

Sep 10, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #2,895 of 7,140

I live in Australia. I get the impression that Questyle only gives a rats about business in the US. My troubles with my unit are well documented earlier in the thread. I've received zero customer service from both Questyle and Moon Audio (where I purchased from).
I've had to resort to my own diy solutions to solve my issues. Fortunately they seem to be working.

@dcfac73

Ahh, yes, now I remember you!

So here's the problem, my friend. You are from Australia and purchased a Questyle product from a dealer in the USA, bypassing the official Australian Questyle distributor and authorized Australian dealers, presumably to get out of, and dodge paying any tax or duty in your country, and get it cheaper elsewhere. This is what is commonly known as buying "Gray Market" goods, which, as everyone knows, will have no warranty! Now, this is not only a Questyle policy, but the policy of just about every single company in consumer electronics, worldwide!! Anyone reading this can verify this by calling any consumer electronics company of their choice and asking them their policy on buying Gray Market and service and warranty policies, if doing so!

So, now it is my turn to call BS! I bent over backwards for you and gave you the same level of service that we at "QUESTYLE NORTH AMERICA" (last I checked Australia had not yet become the 51st state of the USA) give to all of our customers in North America, even though you are not in North America!! I even have private messages and emails between us to prove it. Furthermore, Alden, our International Sales Manager at the factory tried to provide you with the best level of customer service possible, and we even went as far as to ask our Australian distributor to assist you, even though you bypassed them and their Australian dealers, thus cheating them out of making a sale in YOUR country and cheating them from making a profit! But, even still, on our request, they offered to assist you the best way they were able. The end result was you insulted all of us, accused us all of being a "Mickey Mouse" company, bit the hand of everyone that tried to help you and posted several rants, insults and false accusations right here in this thread! Why on God's Earth would anyone want to lose money to help you when you were only disrespectful and nasty, the proof of which, as you kindly pointed out for me and everyone else, is right here in the pages of this thread for everyone to see!

We gave you 3 choices. 1) You could return it to the dealer you purchased it from in the USA, 2) You could return it to the factory to be repaired or 3) You could trade it in to the Australian Questyle distributor for a brand new unit, AT NEARLY THEIR COST (which was VERY kind of them given you went around them to begin with and they had absolutely nothing to do with the original sale or made any money whatsoever in the process), and you felt none of those choices were reasonable for you. What exactly is it you expect us to do for you. We offered to repair it at the factory (properly, not gluing it together) and even replace it with a brand new unit for a VERY reasonable charge!!

Allow me to also point out that the player did not have a warranty issue, you dropped it and broke it! This is not covered under warranty. For example, if you drop an iPhone and break the glass, does Apple say "oh geez, we make a **** product, we will fix or replace the phone for you free of charge!!" I think not! Let me also add that, and God should strike me dead right now if this is not 100% the truth; out of the thousands of QP1R players we have sold, only 3 units have ever come back with the wheel having come off the player and not a single one of those 3 were dropped very gently from only a few inches onto very padded carpeting, they were all dropped pretty hard onto a hard surface, like a concrete parking lot or a hardwood floor! All 3 of which, as they were purchased through proper channels, received top notch service. We repaired or replaced those units at no charge, as all 3 customers were also kind and courteous (two of which are regulars in this thread, if they wish to come forward and identify themselves) and that, my friend, is the level of service we at Questyle offer ALL our customers, worldwide, even though dropping and breaking them is not covered under any warranty!

As far as us only giving a "rats" for customers in the USA, you are absolutely correct. Questyle North America only gives a rats about servicing customers in North America because we are only authorized by the factory to service customers in NORTH AMERICA, hence our name, "Questyle North America"! Our German distributor only gives a rats about servicing customers in Germany, our UK distributor only gives a rats about servicing customers in the UK, our Japanese distributor only gives a rats about servicing customers in Japan, our distributor in Australia only gives a rats about servicing customers in Australia, and so on and so on and so on! This is because every country has a distributor that sells and provides service to customers in their country. Bypassing the distributor where you live and buying from another country and then expecting the distributor, or dealers, in your country or even the factory, to provide you with top level service, at no charge to you, is totally unreasonable.

So let's try and put this all behind us. We would like to offer you the best service we can going forward, the same level of service we give all of our customers, but you have to go through the proper channels, and stop being insulting and disrespectful. How things go forward from here, is entirely up to you.

Just to be open and clear, Bruce.  Do you at QNorth America cover Canada?  Or does American Sound in Toronto handle our issues (if any, of course)?
Just checking, not picking an arguement.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back