Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jan 22, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #841 of 7,140
I just hooked up my Alpha Primes to the QP1R and the AP's sound very nice. The QP1R drives my power hungry Primes to good listening levels. I feel the the QP1R drives my primes, a bit better than me Fiio e12.

Jan 22, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #842 of 7,140
  Current Mode Amplification or not, my Shure's don't go very loud. end of.

It's one thing that your Shure's do not go very loud, I have no issue with that as I have not heard your specific headphone.  It's another thing to assume about the HD650, one headphone you have not currently personally heard with the QP1R.  

I just hooked up my Alpha Primes to the QP1R and the AP's sound very nice. The QP1R drives my power hungry Primes to good listening levels. I feel the the QP1R drives my primes, a bit better than me Fiio e12.

Glad you are liking the Primes with the QP1R!  I'm going to try to get some ETHER C time (not sure if I can get some Prime time [hehe]) this afternoon at NAMM.

Jan 23, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #846 of 7,140
I'm not positive, but isn't the E12A an IEM version of the E12?  If so, no wonder!

Yep. The E12A is for IEMs. The E12 is for full-size cans. The E12DIY has both amps and can be switched out by the user.

Jan 24, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #848 of 7,140
Hi

Yes, the E12A is advertised as being designed for IEMs, but even Fiio admit (And reviews confirm this), that it is good to drive full size headphones.

It's not just a name change. It's using different opamps and putting out less power. It will not, and cannot, drive full-size headphones as well as the standard E12.

Now, does the E12A drive them well enough for your liking? Maybe. But that's a different discussion entirely.

Jan 25, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #850 of 7,140
  Hi

Sold my X5ii and have the E12A advertised on here and elsewhere. Just have the QP1R and Shure SRH 1540's now and very pleased I am too!

Looking forward to the 5800 file limit being fixed with a firmware update though.

One another subject, I just can't understand why some manufacturers fit only one card slot! The FiiO X7 springs to mind, but it's not the only one.

Regards

Darren

I read the X7 thread long enough to learn that it was geared more toward multiple uses such as streaming and Wi/fi use than as a carrier of large collections.  The WiFi component of the X7 took up the space for which another uSD slot would fit.  That and the touchscreen removed it from my list of choices.
Luckily, for me, the QP1r came along at just the right time where money and a great product availability, intersected.
It's funny how some of the more up-level DAPs come as such.  e.g.  Cayin N6 (one slot) vs their less expensive N5 (two slots).  The only answer I can think of is '42'.
Done rambling.  Glad to know you're enjoying the QP.  I hope they can squeeze a FW update in the near future.  I'm still hoping for the option of 'folder playthrough.  Since I use file browsing, I can live without the 5,800 break-through, but I can understand why some prioritize that feature.
Here's hoping!

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #852 of 7,140
  Hi

I use "File browsing" as well, as this is the way I did it on my X5ii. Does the 5800 limit not count in this mode? I have two 200GB cards. One with artists A through to M and the other N to Z.

At the moment, I'm using another 200GB card that has greatest hits for the artists I have on the other two cards. File count is still about 5000 though.

I'm sure they will fix it in firmware next time.

Regards

Darren

You can play any file in browse mode, even if you never update the media in the player, this is beyond 5800. It's just that if you go via the category setting where you get access to the Songs, Artists, Albums, Genres, etc, you will only be able to access the quantity as per media library updated status. 

On a separate note, I was able to get 6300 songs after manual media updation with FW1.0.2. Have been using since 1st Week of Oct 2015 

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #854 of 7,140
NAMM this past weekend at the Anaheim Convention Center was awesome, and it was great to listen to a plethora of new audio equipment. I'll be adding brief thoughts/impressions in the near future with regards to my personal opinions and comparisons of the Hugo, Mojo and the QP1R in the main review of this thread, after I get a few other reviews finished.

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #855 of 7,140

There are 3 colors: Grey, Brown and Black

I was told from Bruce that two different shades of Brown, Grey and Black will be available.

My apologies from earlier posts - I spoke to Bruce at NAMM this past weekend and he confirmed that only 3 colors will be available now since one of the 4 original colors (darker brown) wasn't well received compared to the lighter brown (which is the closest match to the QP1R's golden color).  I saw the new leather cases in person, and they are very nice, and not difficult to take out of the case once you know the most optimal ways to take out the QP1R from its case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back