Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jan 1, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #6,661 of 7,140
I can honestly say that the Paw Gold is tops in resolution, but the Questyle QP1R sounds so damn organic and smooth.

Jan 1, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #6,662 of 7,140
Jan 2, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #6,664 of 7,140
I have been the owner of QP1r for 2 years. I'm interested in Questyle Audio HB2. Is QP1r compatible? I can not find any information, so I ask directly. Thank you.

No, I don’t think so as they have different inputs, the QPR2 is USB C as far as I recall.

I don’t understand the point / expense of the HB2, doesn’t an RCA cable achieve the same at a fraction of the cost?

Jan 13, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #6,667 of 7,140
Another question. Has anyone with a battery modified/improved scroll wheel specification QP1R rolled back the firmware to version 1.0.8 to get the lost volume back? If so, did the battery indicator work properly?

Jan 13, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #6,668 of 7,140
Quick question. Who here have listened to the QP2R and decided to stick with your QP1R and what were your reasons.
Maybe I'm the only on this applies to?!? Why didn't I buy a QP2R...? Mainly because I'm getting really good at procrastinating. I've found it an awesome skill that can be applied in all areas of life - house work/yard work, things the wife nags you to do, important deadlines your boss sets you, etc., etc. :wink:

The QP2R is still on my radar. The one thing I'd say is the QP1R is so good that the QP2R isn't an improvement in every area of the the sound. There seems to be very slightly better reach (extreme lows and highs) with the QP1R. But I find the 2R fixes some pitch modulation issues I can hear on the 1R. I love the scroll wheel on the 2R - it's like a precision Swiss watch.

Jan 13, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #6,669 of 7,140
Thanks for the reply. I returned my QP2R as the power output via SE was too low. A bit like the 1.0.9 firmware for the QP1R compared to 1.0.8, which I've found is about 20% lower and moedawg140 agrees.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #6,670 of 7,140
Maybe I'm the only on this applies to?!? Why didn't I buy a QP2R...? Mainly because I'm getting really good at procrastinating. I've found it an awesome skill that can be applied in all areas of life - house work/yard work, things the wife nags you to do, important deadlines your boss sets you, etc., etc. :wink:

The QP2R is still on my radar. The one thing I'd say is the QP1R is so good that the QP2R isn't an improvement in every area of the the sound. There seems to be very slightly better reach (extreme lows and highs) with the QP1R. But I find the 2R fixes some pitch modulation issues I can hear on the 1R. I love the scroll wheel on the 2R - it's like a precision Swiss watch.
Can you elabourate on the pitch issues from the 1R.
As for me, If I upgrade, it'll be to the QP3R if such a thing comes out. I don't use the wheel, and I like the sound. And I'd rather not lose that extra card capability. If Questyle comes out with a next model, I hope it has two slots, but doesn't go touchscreen. And I don't have balanced IEM cables.
Besides, I think procrastination is a noble persuit.

Jan 13, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #6,671 of 7,140
Can you elabourate on the pitch issues from the 1R.
As for me, If I upgrade, it'll be to the QP3R if such a thing comes out. I don't use the wheel, and I like the sound. And I'd rather not lose that extra card capability. If Questyle comes out with a next model, I hope it has two slots, but doesn't go touchscreen. And I don't have balanced IEM cables.
Besides, I think procrastination is a noble persuit.

I would much prefer a wheel that works like the gold one on the Lotoo Paw Gold. Working in tandem with buttons of course.

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #6,672 of 7,140
I demoed QP2R twice and prefer my QP1R slightly. Just a bit more bite to my ears.

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #6,673 of 7,140
Didn't you find the QP2R more detailed and warmer/organic? I did prefer the sound, but the volume was quite low on the SE output. It was the same as the QP1R is with 1.0.9.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #6,674 of 7,140
Didn't you find the QP2R more detailed and warmer/organic? I did prefer the sound, but the volume was quite low on the SE output. It was the same as the QP1R is with 1.0.9.

Warmer is not a positive in my book :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back