Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jan 17, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #6,062 of 7,140
If it is indeed true, I'm surprised, as the QP1R was in a different price bracket to the QP2R. What might make sense is the discontinuation of the QP1R makes way for a similarly priced DAP, using filter down technology from the QP2R?

I doubt it. They are discontinuing the QP1R, because they do not need to produce two similar devices. I think the price drop was always part of a discontination plan.

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #6,064 of 7,140
In the UK it's only Advancedmp3players.co.uk that are discounting the QP1R as far as I can see and at £1299 the QP2R is 50% more.

I can confirm that - all other UK retailers are still selling QP1Rs at £749. With the usual 10% discount Amp3 are selling the QP1R for around £500. (Being in Jersey Darren doesn't pay VAT!).

Maybe you could buy one for me Darren!

Jan 17, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #6,066 of 7,140
You're not wrong. If I sent you one from Jersey though, you would have to pay import duty, if it were sent with an accurate insurance value.

With the UK VAT off and the one use code of "STAY10P" after that, I could get one for £411.75. I'm not going to though. If I do get rid of the FiiO X7ii, I fancy trying something new.

So that means it won't be a QP1R or an iBasso DX200. Some of the AK's are well reviewed, but you have to go quite high up the ladder to get bit for bit playback of anything above 24/192 and you are also paying for the badge.

Opus #2 or the Cowon Plenue S?

The Hiby R6 looks promising, but it is still not available anywhere other than the crowd funding site, with an approximate delivery date of March. I'm hoping they mean 2018!

Maybe the Sony NW WM1A. Never had a DAP from a mass market manufacturer before.

I started with the Questyle QP1R, then I got a Lotoo Paw Gold Diana Edition, and finally I got the Sony NW-WM1A. I love each player and most have their strengths and weaknesses, but Sony is the most complete player and I'm getting well over 22 hours to 23 hours with 24 bit. They made their own digital analog converter and after a 150 hour, or longer, burn in from the balanced output, it sounds completely delightful. It absolutely kills most other combinations when paired in balanced with Audioquest Nighthawk headphones. Album art and user interface are great, I will never get rid of my Sony. It's pretty damn powerful out of the balanced output. This is the only player I have that I find it impossible to ever be fatigued from. All frequencies are beautifully delivered, and the treble, as well extended as it is, never drills into my ears.

P.S. I really don't care for the Nighthawks on my other players. But, it is essential for the Sony.

0117181953a.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #6,067 of 7,140
Hey @moedawg, I found an interesting tune you might want to add to the QP playlist. Band, Legacy; Album, Three Chord Trick, song, Epiphany. It starts with a straight beat with a throaty grinding hammond organ sound that engulfs me with my SE846 from the QP1R. I hope you can find it, as it's originally a nativeDSD release. The main musicians are Alan Clark and Phil Palmer of Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler fame, and Trevor Horn on Bass. Hope you like it.

Jan 17, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #6,068 of 7,140
Hey @moedawg, I found an interesting tune you might want to add to the QP playlist. Band, Legacy; Album, Three Chord Trick, song, Epiphany. It starts with a straight beat with a throaty grinding hammond organ sound that engulfs me with my SE846 from the QP1R. I hope you can find it, as it's originally a nativeDSD release. The main musicians are Alan Clark and Phil Palmer of Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler fame, and Trevor Horn on Bass. Hope you like it.
Awesome track - it is added to the QP1R Playlist!

P.S. Glad to have you back on the thread. :wink::smiley:

Jan 17, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #6,070 of 7,140
Glad you like it. Couldn't stay away as I love my QP. Keep getting better!
Kevin
Thanks Kevin, much appreciated. It was fun to wrestle (light drilling) yesterday after rehab, and did a tough Fitbit Ionic 10 minute workout (core/abs) at the end. I’ll bump it up to a 15 minute workout on Friday.

The QP1R is sitting tight at home and will be nice to hook it up and listen to the K7XX soon.

I’m curious; what’s your favorite combo thus far?

Jan 18, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #6,071 of 7,140
Thanks Kevin, much appreciated. It was fun to wrestle (light drilling) yesterday after rehab, and did a tough Fitbit Ionic 10 minute workout (core/abs) at the end. I’ll bump it up to a 15 minute workout on Friday.

The QP1R is sitting tight at home and will be nice to hook it up and listen to the K7XX soon.

I’m curious; what’s your favorite combo thus far?
I still love my Angies. But, sometimes the Shures are more convenient, being smaller and therefore, easier to fall asleep with.

Jan 18, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #6,072 of 7,140
I still love my Angies. But, sometimes the Shures are more convenient, being smaller and therefore, easier to fall asleep with.
Very true, especially when you can use your favorite tips or even custom sleeves such as the SCS.

I’ve been using the Layla and Pro 18+ at the hospitals and at home, but lately use the UE Custom just about everyday with the iPhone X.

Jan 18, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #6,074 of 7,140
Further to my previous message, I've just received this email from Advancedmp3players.co.uk, who are one of the official UK Questyle dealers. I obviously can't verify the accuracy of their statement.

I have sent an email to Questyle (info@questyleaudio.com). They have never replied in the past, but will let you know if they do.

At no point has anyone there been told by me the QP1R is discontinued and Questyle have not made any announcement that the QP1R is/will be discontinued at this time. That statement is not correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back