Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Nov 25, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #5,686 of 7,140
I've had three DX200 Daps. The second one developed a screen issue and the third wouldn't connect to my WiFi, despite two laptops, a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and a FiiO X7ii all connecting at the same time, without issue. I also have two IT03 IEM's and after a week, the wax guard fell off the second set whilst changing tips. Took six weeks to get replacement guards.

So irrespective of how good their customer service is, I can't risk it again.

I heard same thing about ibasso astounding service in my country as well. I like qp1r sounds though. I just wish they have more response here

Nov 27, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #5,690 of 7,140
I've just tried the new 1.09 firmware that we have waited 11 months for. I set off with my QP1R at 55% charge in my pocket and a spring in my step. You can imagine my disappointment when half an hour later it turned off.

Once home, I started charging it to find only 4% left. At least with the 1.08 firmware, the battery indicator worked in a linear fashion and with my unit, turned off at 19%. Still rubbish, but predictable.

I assume you're using a beta, as there is no 1.0.9 listed on the Questyle site.

Nov 27, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #5,691 of 7,140
I've just tried the new 1.09 firmware that we have waited 11 months for. I set off with my QP1R at 55% charge in my pocket and a spring in my step. You can imagine my disappointment when half an hour later it turned off.

Once home, I started charging it to find only 4% left. At least with the 1.08 firmware, the battery indicator worked in a linear fashion and with my unit, turned off at 19%. Still rubbish, but predictable.
Any other features with the new FW?

Nov 27, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #5,695 of 7,140
QP1R V1.0.9 Firmware Update:

1. Volume level is upgraded from ¡°0-60¡± to ¡°0-120¡±, which improves the control precision. Seems lover volume to me.

2. ¡°DSD Gain¡± is a new feature added in Settings. You can select it to set the gain compensation for DSD and PCM output. OK, good.

3. Battery indicator is improved and it shows precise battery level of QP1R. LOL

4. A logo for the patent of Current Mode Amplification is added on the startup screen. Be still my beating heart!
No play-through for poor UE. Oh well, (sigh). I like the DSD-level compensation setting.

Nov 27, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #5,696 of 7,140

Did you report to them ?

Also, Is there a hard reset function, may be you need to reset it before testing the new firmware to have a clean install ..

and daaaamn they didn't increase the file limit :D

Nov 27, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #5,697 of 7,140
Well, at least there is a 1.0.9 and it isn't vaporware. If it is close to final, it's a bit disheartening, that none of the other feature requests, have been addressed. I guess the QP1R does have a future, for the moment.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #5,700 of 7,140
Well, they haven't fixed the battery issue, at least with my band new fixed wheel version and considering it's taken 11 months to get to this position, I think we're worse off.

Another issue is when you first boot up after installing the new firmware, you are presented with a list to choose your language, same as before. The problem is, there is no "English" one to choose. The whole list is in (Chinese?) symbols.

I just want Questyle out of my life. So if for some reason you see an end to all this, grab yourself a bargain at £425 for a two week old QP1R.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/for-sale-questyle-qp1r-new.865231/

With some other devices, you need to calibrate the battery indicator by letting it run completely flat and then charging to 100%. (Maybe rinse and repeat for good measure?) That might be worth trying, while waiting for a buyer?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back