Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Nov 20, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #5,671 of 7,140
If you click contact it takes you to the Questyle home page. Click contact from there and you are directed either to the Questyle site in China or the info-USA site.

No link to UK/Europe. So if you are in these (or any other territories) your emails will go to info-usa so why didn’t they get your emails? I guess they did....

Nov 20, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #5,673 of 7,140
If you go www.questyleaudio.com and click contact, there are three departments (Questyle Audio Technology Co. Ltd (China Headquarter), Sales Department and Service Center), that all have info@questyleaudio.com as their contact email and this is the one I contacted twice without reply.

There is a fourth department and that is]Questyle North America Inc. whos email address is info_usa@questyleaudio.com. So I can see why Bruce hasn't seen my emails.

What it doesn't explain is why Questyle can design one of the best sounding DAPs on the market, but its employees can't use a laptop.

Sorry, I know that was sarcastic, but it does have an element of truth, don't you think?
I must word this carefully. The piano dealer I subcontracted for, said that ther were differences in attitudes between western and oriental mind-sets in business, marketing etc. The USA has the benefit of dealing with the American division of Questyle, itself. The rest of the world has to do their best with Questyle China. Even the U.S.'s weaker neighbour to the north doesn't enjoy the support of Questyle California, as it's not in Bruce's teritory. We're in the same boat. Bruce is responsible for his customers, and China, through its distributers is responsible for the rest of the world. I sometimes feel powerless, and it frustrates me to no end. But, Bruce, I think, can only give us news everywhere else. As angry as you are justified in being, we aren't bruce's problem. American Sound of Canada is our distributer, and I only hope they have the same ability to open my DAP that California claims to have. Unfortunately, it is a US/China-centric world we live in.

Nov 21, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #5,675 of 7,140
We knew about the update for a long time, netgear informed some time ago.
Nobody wanted to believe.
I guess if this community is being informed, and the testing takes more time than expected, the bashing here would go on

Nov 21, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #5,676 of 7,140
I am currently testing the new fw before it is released to the public

Strange - the distributor claims he is testing the new firmware of the manufacturer before releasing it.
This is one more point how unprofessional they work - maybe it was an accident that QP1R sounds so good or they didn't develop this product themselves.
Maybe this is a chinese ODM product developed from people outside Questyle.
They more and more shows incompetence.

Nov 21, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #5,677 of 7,140
Just got this!

Darren, first of all, I operate Questyle North America and don't handle the UK. I am just the USA representative. I don't have any emails from you. If you want me to answer your email, you need to send it to info_USA@questyleaudio.com and I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. You should also speak to Matt at SCV, as he is the distributor for the UK. Secondly, writing firmware is not a simple task and we have been working on a major update for owners of the QP1R, we have not abandoned anyone. If you think you can do a better job of writing firmware to solve issues with the player faster and better than the engineers, I would welcome it. We have asked people to be patient and allow us the time to do it right, as opposed to rushing it out and having more problems due to new bugs. Fixing the battery indicator bug is not a simple task and we have put a lot of time and resources into a solution. I am currently testing the new fw before it is released to the public. Unloading on me and posting your anger on the Questyle USA Facebook page is really unnecessary, especially as you are not a USA customer. I really don't like banning people from the page, please don't force me to do so.

So I don't use the email address found on www.questyleaudio.com? That is the one that didn't reply, twice!

The FB page I have posted on is simply called "Questyle Audio". No mention of it being anything other than Questyle's global FB page.

I have spoken to Matt at SCV who knows nothing about the new firmware and was going to email Questyle today.

He wants me to write firmware for my own player that I paid good money for if I think I can do better. I don't know what to say on that one.

Nobody has ever accused Questyle of "Rushing it". Far from it. I presume this battery indicator issue has been there since day one, otherwise, we could have simply gone back to the firmware that was installed on the initial release? Therefore, Questyle has had a couple of years to put this right, or am I missing something?

The only reason he has replied is that I touched a nerve. Why couldn't he or someone else say on here, Facebook or on their global site a beta firmware was being tested? This would have cleared the whole thing up. Keeping your customers totally in the dark is not the best way to conduct business.

As for banning me from their FB page? I'm banning Questyle from my wallet if that's his attitude.

Wow, I can't say I warm to the aggressive tone of this reply - but at least it is a reply - and I can only salute Darren for his persistence. It's alarming that the UK distributor is in the dark about the firmware. It's pretty sad that it's taken this much effort to get noticed and even sadder that a the ongoing support for this excellent product is so grudgingly given. Is it such a difficult thing to get right? Just a little basic communication and most of us would be happy. I wouldn't even mind the firmware wait if there was a little more basic engagement and some updates here on the forum (for example).

I have a question - has anyone managed to get an out of warranty repair carried out on the QP1R? Mine has a few months still to go but I'm worried about how things would go if I had a problem after that.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #5,679 of 7,140
Glad that things are looking more positive, but we’ve been here before.

Can’t help contrasting Questyle attitude to that of another Chinese company, iBasso.
Their rep Paul is a constant presence on their forums.
There have been 11 firmware updates for the DX200 since it’s release (this may or may not be a good thing!)
There continues to be continued updates for their previous model the DX80
All updates and testing arevdone in house. Why on Earth are the US Questyle distributors working on the battery problem. Have I got this right?
IBasso continue to support the DX100, first released in 2012 and now discontinued. IBasso replaced the battery in my DX100 recently. 40 bucks cost including return postage to and from China.

This level of support exceeds the norm. Questyle take note and I may become a Questyle owner once more.

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #5,681 of 7,140
Glad that things are looking more positive, but we’ve been here before.

Can’t help contrasting Questyle attitude to that of another Chinese company, iBasso.
Their rep Paul is a constant presence on their forums.
There have been 11 firmware updates for the DX200 since it’s release (this may or may not be a good thing!)
There continues to be continued updates for their previous model the DX80
All updates and testing arevdone in house. Why on Earth are the US Questyle distributors working on the battery problem. Have I got this right?
IBasso continue to support the DX100, first released in 2012 and now discontinued. IBasso replaced the battery in my DX100 recently. 40 bucks cost including return postage to and from China.

This level of support exceeds the norm. Questyle take note and I may become a Questyle owner once more.
Also, FiiO has a good presence on here. It's just that I like my QP better for its sound.

Nov 22, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #5,682 of 7,140
I have a question - has anyone managed to get an out of warranty repair carried out on the QP1R? Mine has a few months still to go but I'm worried about how things would go if I had a problem after that.

I contacted Questyle about a problem I was having back around July 2016. They were quick to want to resolve the problem for me, but my time got busy due to school and I never got back to them. When my warranty was running out I did contact them again about the previously discussed problem. This time they were extremely busy so there was some lag in our communications. Questyle did come through in the end and I've had no further issues what so ever. They're good in my book.

Walt :relaxed:

Nov 25, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #5,684 of 7,140
Bruce invited me to the VIP Questyle Facebook page. After I joined, I said I would be happy to test the firmware he currently has. He asked me to send him an email. I did this on Friday at 9:37 AM.

I've had no response to date. After all I've done to find out what is happening with the update and then biting my lip and editing my posts to try and be more conciliatory and urging everyone else to be the same and try and move forward in a positive way, after the PM conversation I had with Bruce.

Well, f&ck it, I'm done. They can stick their DAPs up their collective ars£s. Too many manufacturers out there vying for and would appreciate my custom more than Questyle. How can they design a great sounding DAP, but can't seem to be able to use email.

My brand new QP1R is for sale here and on eBay.

Good luck to you all. You are going to need it. Does anyone want to have a gentleman's bet that it will be over a year between updates?
Do you have black friday over in England? And american thanksgiving tends to disrupt the world order in the U.S., this weekend. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back