Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 13, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #5,476 of 7,140
Well that sucks. Should still be under warranty and on the bright side you have 2 kick a$$ DAPs to fall back to. :beerchug:

Lotoo Paw Gold Diana sounds great with the AKG K812s now that I have figured out the PMEQ user custom settings. I am actually listening to her right now. Sometimes I get in the mood for Diana and other times I am really in the mood for my QP1R. I never want to be without either of those DAPs. And Sony's no slouch either especially in balanced.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #5,478 of 7,140
Did you tried connect to the charger and hold power button for a while?

Yes. It finally turned on again showing 85% battery, but when I selected a song it promptly shut down. Now it at least shows that it is charging. I will see how long it plays after charging it...

Oct 13, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #5,479 of 7,140
Yes. It finally turned on again showing 85% battery, but when I selected a song it promptly shut down. Now it at least shows that it is charging. I will see how long it plays after charging it...

Mine bricks itself like that all the time. My guess is that 85% actually means about 0.1%. I've sometimes had to spend days coaxing mine to accept a charge again. Sometimes it just requires a lot of patience.

Oct 13, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #5,481 of 7,140
Mine bricks itself like that all the time. My guess is that 85% actually means about 0.1%. I've sometimes had to spend days coaxing mine to accept a charge again. Sometimes it just requires a lot of patience.
I had a similar problem with an unrelated product for book and podcast reading for the blind. At first, it needed a little coaxing to boot up. Then it bricked. It would have cost almost as much to repair as to replace. I tole the repairers to junk it. I hope this isn't a similar situation.

Oct 13, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #5,485 of 7,140
How much total play time are you all getting?

Oct 13, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #5,487 of 7,140
How much total play time are you all getting?

For sure it's way less than I used to get when the device was new.

I also wonder whether the issues I've sometimes had in getting it to charge at all might also be connected with the screwy software. In some devices, the charge rate is governed by the current amount of charge, and if that registers incorrectly, that may be why it sometimes struggles to charge at all. By the same reasoning, it's tough to know for sure if you're ever at 100%...

Oct 13, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #5,490 of 7,140
How long do you all charge it up for if you're using a 5 Volt 2 amp charger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back