Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Mar 22, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #4,561 of 7,140
I noticed some dirt between the wheel and the chassis of my QP1R, and the wheel is making a little sound when turning. Too narrow to pull it out.
Anybody ever had such an issue?

Try a soft bristle paintbrush. A little one.

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #4,562 of 7,140
Scream With Me. Mudvayne.

Moth and Hush by Hellyeah, and Far From Home and Bad Company by Five Finger Death Punch The Hellyeah songs are very dark, but those of us who have spent time in dark places will appreciate them. Five Finger's version of Bad Company is better than the original in my humble opinion.

Wrong Side of Heaven by Five Finger Death Punch is good too. The YouTube video involving veterans will make you cry. This band is involved with a lot of veterans causes.

Voodoo and Lonely Is The Word, by Black Sabbath. The Dio years.

Last one, Second Hand News by Fleetwood Mac.

Awesome - all added!

That is a good one. I love Fleetwood Mac, particularly the albums "Rumours" and "Tango in the Night".

Any particular tracks you really enjoy?

Anker PowerCore 26800 on the way to power the QP1R while out in the wilderness while hiking/camping.

Love the Anker series!  Small packages but loads of on-board power!

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #4,563 of 7,140
From the two Fleetwood Mac albums, I like "Dreams," "Go Your Own Way", "Little Lies," and "Seven Wonders."

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #4,566 of 7,140
Here's some for quadfather, Dream Theater Honor Thy Father off my favorite album of theirs, and The Wizard cover by Brown Sabbath. And Funkin' Like My Father by Brian Culbertson since that's what I'm listening to now.
I am listening via my 64 Audio U6's. I have very slowly fallen for these IEMS , I honestly considered selling or returning the hem at first. But these have different filters that can be swapped. After getting B1's in trade for the supplied S1's I decided to stick with them. I am glad I did as I feel they are terrific, after a year of listening, can not imagine changing. The S1 inserts were bass heavy and treble dark, in a crowded, noisy, Can Jam at high volume they sold me. But critical listening in better environments showed up their flaws. The B1's and QP1R combined to turn them around. A well know reviewer recently stated that as much as he liked the Andromeda's they were close enough to the U6's that he would not swap them. High praise.
Hmm, maybe You Got To Funkifize is a more fun Culbertson track...

Mar 23, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #4,568 of 7,140
Oh a few days ago someone mentioned his QP1R was getting hot driving his Ether Flows . Last night I listened to my Flows for a couple hours and it was not more than normally warm. Not hot at all...

In this case my English is to blame on this.
I didn't mean the DAP was running hot, but my new combo QP1R with ether flow is so good. It gives me fever, not the QP1R

Mar 23, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #4,569 of 7,140
In this case my English is to blame on this.
I didn't mean the DAP was running hot, but my new combo QP1R with ether flow is so good. It gives me fever, not the QP1R

LOL. Funny.

Mar 23, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #4,570 of 7,140
:ok_hand:
Amazing how powerful the QP1R is generally. Listening to Headspace Your Life Will Change right now, it is pretty loud at 38 on medium gain with the big Ether Flows, amazing. Headspace is a cool new band, imagine Jon Anderson fronting Dream Theater...

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #4,573 of 7,140
This song thing is getting a bit stupid now ... at least that is how I am feeling about it ... why?

Like I really give a sh@t what music everyone is boosting about ... great ... listen to whatever you want .. it's a free country and I applaud you all ..

Mar 23, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #4,574 of 7,140
Joy Villa, Beautiful is cool. I am amazed at the differences between headphones on the QP1R! The Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs are spicy salsa, and the Shure SRH1540s are creamy butter. I LOVE THEM BOTH!

Mar 23, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #4,575 of 7,140
Here's some for quadfather, Dream Theater Honor Thy Father off my favorite album of theirs, and The Wizard cover by Brown Sabbath. And Funkin' Like My Father by Brian Culbertson since that's what I'm listening to now.
I am listening via my 64 Audio U6's. I have very slowly fallen for these IEMS , I honestly considered selling or returning the hem at first. But these have different filters that can be swapped. After getting B1's in trade for the supplied S1's I decided to stick with them. I am glad I did as I feel they are terrific, after a year of listening, can not imagine changing. The S1 inserts were bass heavy and treble dark, in a crowded, noisy, Can Jam at high volume they sold me. But critical listening in better environments showed up their flaws. The B1's and QP1R combined to turn them around. A well know reviewer recently stated that as much as he liked the Andromeda's they were close enough to the U6's that he would not swap them. High praise.
Hmm, maybe You Got To Funkifize is a more fun Culbertson track...

Dream Theater is cool. Gotta find some CDs to rip for Sabbath and Culbertson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back