Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Aug 29, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #2,672 of 7,140
Can confirm that the tracks longer than ~10 minutes crash/shutdown bug is dead. Even though it was only an occasional annoyance, it good to see it's been squashed. 

Aug 29, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #2,673 of 7,140

Yeah - if put on correctly the skins shouldn't fall or slip off, I haven't had that happen to mine (and I've had more than one put on).

@moedawg140 what is the correct way to put in the sticker?  Apparently, I am too dense and failed to do it correctly.  Both of my stickers fell off within minutes after removing the film and placing it on the wheel.

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #2,675 of 7,140

Great to know they're aware of desired modifications.  If they can solve the USB DAC issue, then I'm confident they'll get to my small upgrade in good time.
Out of curiosity, aside from the raising of file number limit and DAC, are there any small bugs or improvements to the new FW which would make it a good idea to install?  i.e. the 10-minute bug which hasn't bothered me.

That's a great question. Based on specific needs, I feel the updates wouldn't be entirely beneficial for you. Alan/Bruce/Questyle may think completely differently, though. However, there may be some things/issues that have been addressed that you may find out is a welcome addition. I would say for this particular update, that it is worth it. If you need assistance with updating, I can go step by step with your kin if you'd like. PM me if you'd like to go through with it. But, for the most part, you should be okay without the update if you aren't seeking a song count increase, USB DAC functionality or aren't worried about the 10 minute shutdown issue.

Hope this helps!

Thanks.  Think I'll wait this out 'till they master the playthrough barrier.  I'll take you up on your offer when the time comes, me friend.

Aug 29, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #2,676 of 7,140
@moedawg140
what is the correct way to put in the sticker?  Apparently, I am too dense and failed to do it correctly.  Both of my stickers fell off within minutes after removing the film and placing it on the wheel.
If your wheel cover falls off, I find a little bit of the white school glue works wonders. A little is the key. You don't want it to get behind the wheel and muck it up. This is the stuff kids put on their fingers and let dry then peel off. It isn't invisible, but keeps the sticker on forever. And is easily removed if you want it gone.
That, plus the eventual loosening of the wheel makes it a moot point

Aug 29, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #2,677 of 7,140
If your wheel cover falls off, I find a little bit of the white school glue works wonders. A little is the key. You don't want it to get behind the wheel and muck it up. This is the stuff kids put on their fingers and let dry then peel off. It isn't invisible, but keeps the sticker on forever. And is easily removed if you want it gone.
That, plus the eventual loosening of the wheel makes it a moot point

Thanks for the suggestion.

Aug 29, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #2,678 of 7,140

@moedawg140 what is the correct way to put in the sticker?  Apparently, I am too dense and failed to do it correctly.  Both of my stickers fell off within minutes after removing the film and placing it on the wheel.

1. use scotch tape on the wheel surface to remove dirt
2. peel from the side having the label 1 quarter then turn the sticky part onto the wheel
3. slowly push it down
4. after pasting everything, use yr finger and go round the wheel pushing it down
5. slowly remove the label 2 sticker
u r done
enjoy your qp1r

beerchug.gif

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #2,679 of 7,140
Hi moedawg140, thanks a lot! Really appreciate it! Sorry to disturb your sleep. May you sleep well and have sweet dreams too!

No worries, and thanks!

Can confirm that the tracks longer than ~10 minutes crash/shutdown bug is dead. Even though it was only an occasional annoyance, it good to see it's been squashed. 

So happy that it has been taken care of - that was my main issue that I wanted eradicated, and ecstatic it was in the beta firmware (and now 1.0.7).

@audio123's explanation is very good.  I would add once you use the scotch tape, you should also use a slightly damp cloth, especially in cases where there is residue, dirt, and other particles on the wheel, to clean it as best as possible.  Make sure that when you are finished applying the skin, that you leave it for a little while so the skin can cure, especially if you are having issues with the skin falling off.

2. peel from the side having the label 1 quarter then turn the sticky part onto the wheel
3. slowly push it down
4. after pasting everything, use yr finger and go round the wheel pushing it down
u r done
enjoy your qp1r

beerchug.gif

Now I'm listening to the Puro Sound Labs OEH-200 headphone - a headphone that is more for saving your hearing than anything else (not the most audiophile-esque sound to my ears).

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #2,680 of 7,140

3. slowly push it down
u r done
enjoy your qp1r

beerchug.gif

@audio123's explanation is very good.  I would add once you use the scotch tape, you should also use a slightly damp cloth, especially in cases where there is residue, dirt, and other particles on the wheel, to clean it as best as possible.  Make sure that when you are finished applying the skin, that you leave it for a little while so the skin can cure, especially if you are having issues with the skin falling off.

Thanks guys!

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #2,681 of 7,140

Thanks guys!

An afterthought that I had, was to use a piece of scotch tape long enough to extend out beyond the outer edges of the skin. If you stick it to the final protective film to be removed with the ends available to hold on either side, you can better position the skin so that it's absolutely centered in relation to the middle button of the wheel. 

Aug 29, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #2,682 of 7,140

An afterthought that I had, was to use a piece of scotch tape long enough to extend out beyond the outer edges of the skin. If you stick it to the final protective film to be removed with the ends available to hold on either side, you can better position the skin so that it's absolutely centered in relation to the middle button of the wheel. 

Excellent idea!

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #2,684 of 7,140
All these posts on how to get your scroll wheel to work is priceless. The UK price for the QP1R is £749 and we are having to resort to sticking rubber pads to get it to function as it should from the factory.

I fully expect to get a slagging for this, but in you heart of hearts, you know this isn't right. They aren't going to do it for financial reasons, but they should offer a repair service to all units, to replace the wheel with one that has at least some grip. FiiO can make a scroll wheel work for £99 on their X1!!
Yep. It's a running joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back