[Review] Philips SHL3300 "DJ" Headphones - Most Underrated Headphone?
Mar 2, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #19 of 458
none of them is available in my country but in ebay is dicents prices hd668 will be best of them i just dont know sr850 have only standert 32 ohms but hd668 have 56 ohms, hd 681 is cheapest.
I for sure can say that i will get dedicated sound card (asus xonar dgx) and i dont want just only for gaming but some time listen music as well i just need good chanse to pin point where is food step :) and some time fun electro bass music:) and if is something better i can offer up to 100 dolars

Mar 2, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #20 of 458
  none of them is available in my country but in ebay is dicents prices hd668 will be best of them i just dont know sr850 have only standert 32 ohms but hd668 have 56 ohms, hd 681 is cheapest.
I for sure can say that i will get dedicated sound card (asus xonar dgx) and i dont want just only for gaming but some time listen music as well i just need good chanse to pin point where is food step :) and some time fun electro bass music:) and if is something better i can offer up to 100 dolars

Hd668 and sr850 will sound the same, slightly better detail than the hd681, hd681 has slightly more bass extension.

Mar 2, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #22 of 458
You might be able to get the sr850 with velour pads, otherwise they are most probably the same in comfort.  You will be happy with the soundstage of the sr850/hd668.  Don't forget the Philips uptown, they have great bass and treble as well as good soundstage!  Slightly warmer sounding than sr850/hd668

Mar 2, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #24 of 458
Situation awareness will not be affected by bass on uptowns.  I have compared soundstage of my uptowns with my hp890 open philips headphones and there is hardly any difference, only the most fussy person would tell the difference.  The shp3000 is almost half the price of the uptowns, only difference is the bass is not quite as loud, midrange is slightly more mellow than uptowns.  Soundstage is very slightly better than uptowns.  Sr850/hd668 have very flat frequency response but cheaper than uptown, equally good soundstage.

Mar 2, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #26 of 458
I would say that the uptowns are the safest buy, shp3000 is less fatiguing than the superlux/samson headphones, slightly less high end treble.  Amazon let you try them and you can send back if not happy.

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #29 of 458
I guess it is old version, but not sure.

After nearly 1 month of usage SHL3300 I want to say comfort of these phones are very bad, they really hurt my ears after an hour.

Left driver and right driver of mine sound different and left has slightly low volume, does anyone have a problem like this?

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #30 of 458
I have tried other pads on my pairs. ATM I'm using Somic mh463 circumaural pads.

Soundwise they are amazing, but I agree that comfort can be a problem. My head is slightly too wide to get a good fit => they press on the upper parts of my ears. On my first pair I solved this by dremeling the inside of the hinges to tilt the cups inwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back