REVIEW: Ostry KC06A - A New Winner
Aug 22, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #166 of 190
Aug 22, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #168 of 190
What are these OS packs? Are they tips or something?

Aug 27, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #169 of 190
Just received the KC06A's! I LOVE THESE! However, there's one thing I need to note about these phones: when I first unboxed them and put them on, when I started to play music (All We Need by Odesza if that makes a difference) there was noticeable hissing. I was like super confused and borderline angry that these $68 phones already had a defect right when I got them. HOWEVER, after less than a minute of playing music, when I played the intro again the hissing was gone! I'm assuming it had to do with the drivers being brand spanking new and just needed a little bump to get them started. 

Secondly, I kind of agree with some of the other posters regarding some instruments being uncomfortably loud at times. However, besides that I love everything about these phones. They incredibly detailed and balanced, which is exactly what I was hoping for in them. I've previously owned V-Moda V-80's and I loved the balanced sound signature of those, but I gave them away as a gift. I soon after bought the ATH-M50's as a replacement. I hated them. Returned them in a week because they were uncomfortable, and the bass was just way too overdone for my tastes. Although there was a lot of presence it wasn't as tight as my V-80's so I didn't hesitate to return them.

I would highly recommend the KC06A's, especially if you like a more balanced sound signature.

Oct 5, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #170 of 190
Does anyone know of a summit level headphone that has the KC06A's sound signature...But improved! I'm working with a good budget and I LOVE my KC06A. If there is a headphone doing the "KC06A jigg" but better, I'd be very interested in giving them a shot.

Oct 5, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #171 of 190
  Does anyone know of a summit level headphone that has the KC06A's sound signature...But improved! I'm working with a good budget and I LOVE my KC06A. If there is a headphone doing the "KC06A jigg" but better, I'd be very interested in giving them a shot.

You might want to try the Dunu Titan 1 or the FiiO X1. They're both the same IEM but packaged differently.

Nov 21, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #172 of 190
  here's something interesting
http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/ostry-os100-os200-os300-earphone-turning-tips.html

Has anyone tried these tips from Ostry ?

I have Ostry KC 06 on loan, alongside the Dunu Titan 1.  TBH I prefer Dunu by a large margin, yet I found I need "some" kind of HF control on these - the best I came up with so far are small bore tips from my Xkdun IEMs - otherwise the Titan 1 is too bright fo my ears.

Now the Chinglish description of sound is a little vague - to say the least. "Dental correction medium " = ???? in English? Ok, I get the "catheter" is a nozzle of diameter 4-6 mm, meaning these tips are quite universally applicable. Does anybody know what precisely the following translated into English means ?

1. OS100: LF less, dental correction Medium
  2. OS200: low volume foot, dental correction stronger
  3. OS300: low-frequency volume, tone correction strong teeth

Nov 21, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #173 of 190
Hello,
I have the OS100 and for me, they bring the KC06A to a superior level.  Awesome.  The highs get tame a bit, just enough but you still get the whole detail and imaging and punch.  They are still on top of my list, especially with the OS100.

I also just tried the OS100 on my RHA MA750i and while I am still discovering these, I really like the combination.  Not sure yet if they give better results than the stock medium RHA tips.

But definitely, OS100 is a huge + for KC06A imho.

Nov 21, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #174 of 190
  Hello,
I have the OS100 and for me, they bring the KC06A to a superior level.  Awesome.  The highs get tame a bit, just enough but you still get the whole detail and imaging and punch.  They are still on top of my list, especially with the OS100.

I also just tried the OS100 on my RHA MA750i and while I am still discovering these, I really like the combination.  Not sure yet if they give better results than the stock medium RHA tips.

But definitely, OS100 is a huge + for KC06A imho.

Thank you for the reply.

I did find this graph regarding OS 100/200/300 tips : 

http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28

Jan 15, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #175 of 190
The cord on my KC06As is stretchy, and on my cord split V thing, there's a series of letters (BBCHPW), unlike the pictures (where it says KC06A). Are these quirks unusual? I scanned the QR code and it says they're genuine but I imagine the QR code could be copied from another pair. My last pair said KC06A on the V thing (though I don't remember if the cord was stretchy or not), but there was no QR code on the box so I was worried they were fake and exchanged them for this pair.

Apr 19, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #176 of 190
  The cord on my KC06As is stretchy, and on my cord split V thing, there's a series of letters (BBCHPW), unlike the pictures (where it says KC06A). Are these quirks unusual? I scanned the QR code and it says they're genuine but I imagine the QR code could be copied from another pair. My last pair said KC06A on the V thing (though I don't remember if the cord was stretchy or not), but there was no QR code on the box so I was worried they were fake and exchanged them for this pair.

My cord is stretchy too. It's the "anti-bacterial TPU cable" that's stretching around the cord. And mine says "BBCHSK" on the V thing.

May 31, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #177 of 190
HAHA~  Thank you for the review. We will always focus on the technology for the people who enjoy the music
atsmile.gif

Aug 11, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #180 of 190
Hi Everyone, has anybody compared KC06a to TFZ series 5? Don't which IEMs to select.

Hi Man-ili,
I never tried TFZ series 5 myself.
However, if you are looking for thick mid with boosted bass, Ostry KC06a should be good for you. :)

Regards,
Creavasst

Users who are viewing this thread

Back