REVIEW: Ostry KC06
Apr 30, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #1,456 of 2,536
LOL... I missed the "headphone" meaning you were saying.  I agree -- I love headphones as well, especially over-the-ear ones.  They are great for cold winters!

Yep! And the winter is almost here in Australia!

If you mod HP100 to be semi open it actually got pretty close to Ostry with the added midbass. :wink:

@Telltale
Do you wear it around ear style? Try wearing it top down (or not around ear, whatever it's actually called).

That's what my HP200's are for - openness. :wink:

I changed from wearing it top-down to around the ear, recently, with the assist of the provided ear guides. Falls out less, and still sounds amazing. :)

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #1,457 of 2,536
KC06's seem great for the price but i'm worried about isolation for plane travel on an upcoming overseas trip.  Anyone recommend an alternative to the KC06 that isolates a bit better with slightly more emphasis on bass...or will i be more than satisfied?  Was thinking Cabro basso or EPH100's?

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #1,458 of 2,536
  KC06's seem great for the price but i'm worried about isolation for plane travel on an upcoming overseas trip.  Anyone recommend an alternative to the KC06 that isolates a bit better with slightly more emphasis on bass...or will i be more than satisfied?  Was thinking Cabro basso or EPH100's?

eph100 are a real great pair to have, bass is powerfull and diggs deep. on a budget the basso are keepers, warmer overall. but eph100 would outpace them in detail and separation from what i remember

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #1,459 of 2,536
I'm amazed at the KC06. Needs practically no power to drive. Bad recordings are no problem. Sound quality is consistently excellent no matter what track you play and what source you use.

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #1,462 of 2,536
  I ordered a 2nd Ostry in Silver by mistake that came today. Anyone in the US want it for $60? PM me if you do.

^
If anyone wanna trade their Ostriches for a set of VSD1 LE hit me up with a PM. C'mon unity i know you want them. : P

http://www.head-fi.org/t/643666/budget-fi-iem-sale-vsonic-vsd1-le-limited-edition-fiio-rc-mh1-cable-27-shipped-all-must-go

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #1,464 of 2,536

^
The VSD1 LEs might just be your ticket.
wink.gif

But they do take a good amount of juice to power though, and is one of the main reasons why they gots to go, cuz my weak sauce Nokia N9 can't drive them just like my MH1Cs. LoL
triportsad.gif

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #1,465 of 2,536
  I'm amazed at the KC06. Needs practically no power to drive. Bad recordings are no problem. Sound quality is consistently excellent no matter what track you play and what source you use.

I know. Gotta have the right source and tips, but if you do, they are freakishly good. I'm holding myself back from gushing too much :)

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #1,466 of 2,536
Apr 30, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #1,468 of 2,536
Nah nah mang, I tried them Low-fi Editions and they don't even hang homie. My BE's moped the floor with them and then some.

....SR900 killers!

^
LoL same could be said for those ASG 2s of yours. hoho
very_evil_smiley.gif

But 1st thing 1st, WHY ARE YOU USING MY GIFS ON ME HOMBRE??? PATENT PENDING PATENT PENDING!!!
mad.gif

Just for those stolen goods, please promptly hand ova' those Ostriches for your patent violation. : P

May 1, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #1,469 of 2,536
^
LoL same could be said for those ASG 2s of yours. hoho :veryevil:

I know right...
tumblr_lwg729lBIB1qzjix8.gif

But 1st thing 1st, WHY ARE YOU USING MY GIFS ON ME HOMBRE??? PATENT PENDING PATENT PENDING!!! :mad:

Just for those stolen goods, please promptly hand ova' those Ostriches for your patent violation. : P

HOLUP HOLUP HOLUP, them GIFS yours!? You got skills son but I ain't got no Ostriches to hand over home boi! Hows about I hook you up with Waynes blood? Mighty fine young lady with mad k-rap love yo! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back