Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC)
Apr 4, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #781 of 1,164

It's clearly part of the U series, so although I cannot confirm this (the only "leaks" that seemed to confirm it have been dismissed as fakes) it is hard to believe that it will have a completely different design language from the U Ultra and U Play, both of which are glass designs. 

Hard to say one way or the other.
It might also be HTC Ocean which suggests it might not have anything to do with the HTC U Ultra (I hope it doesn't).

if it turns out to be jackless just like the HTC U and the HTC Bolt then its a no-go.

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #782 of 1,164

Hard to say one way or the other.
It might also be HTC Ocean which suggests it might not have anything to do with the HTC U Ultra (I hope it doesn't).

if it turns out to be jackless just like the HTC U and the HTC Bolt then its a no-go.

Everyone over at XDA reckons that the Ocean is the U (Ocean just being an internal codename). But nobody believes that the "Ocean" that appears in the concept videos for the edge interface represented the real device. Remember that the Ultra is believed to be the rumoured "Ocean Note". 

And much as I've been hoping that it will have a headphone jack, I'm not at all optimistic. All the recent marketing being focussed on their U-Sonic system, I will be very surprised if they undermine that by adding a headphone jack and decent DAC/amp in addition. Pleased, but surprised. 

I have a 4 year old M7 whose battery is beginning to go, so I'm holding on until we get some definite information. But I can see myself buying a 10 as well. 

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #783 of 1,164
Yeah, I'll wait for the official announcement / reviews. If it has glass back and no headphone jack I'm going to get the HTC 10 since it costs 450 euros now. I'll miss my front stereo speakers but they are distorting the sound so it's OK.

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #784 of 1,164
Yeah, I'll wait for the official announcement / reviews. If it has glass back and no headphone jack I'm going to get the HTC 10 since it costs 450 euros now. I'll miss my front stereo speakers but they are distorting the sound so it's OK.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #785 of 1,164

Everyone over at XDA reckons that the Ocean is the U (Ocean just being an internal codename). But nobody believes that the "Ocean" that appears in the concept videos for the edge interface represented the real device. Remember that the Ultra is believed to be the rumoured "Ocean Note". 

And much as I've been hoping that it will have a headphone jack, I'm not at all optimistic. All the recent marketing being focussed on their U-Sonic system, I will be very surprised if they undermine that by adding a headphone jack and decent DAC/amp in addition. Pleased, but surprised. 

I have a 4 year old M7 whose battery is beginning to go, so I'm holding on until we get some definite information. But I can see myself buying a 10 as well. 

Yea I know the feels :frowning2:
I've been working with HTC in the past but they have been very quiet about any user trials in the past months.
Our last one ended Dec 2016.
Before that I have been basically in user trials all the time for the previous 2 years.

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #786 of 1,164
Any which smartphone with Snapdragon 821 or later will come with Qualcomm Aqstic Audio Codec (which conatains the DAC ) in -built that HTC 10 has ..
Again , HTC 10 made it Overtly Warm , lacking definitions ..to make it louder

Even My Oneplus 3T on Nougat utilizes the same DAC better (Sibilant , Wider soundstage )

Not true at all BrOtO. The 10 has INCREDIBLE sound actually! It has the Aqstic codec, but that's only a backup. HTC actually has their OWN CUSTOM-MADE codec built into the 10, and it's been said to sound better than Aqstic does. Then there's this review which reveals the TRUE facts and does away with all the myths about the 10's audio. You should read it, especially the bold parts and headphone audio section. 

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #787 of 1,164
Not true at all BrOtO. The 10 has INCREDIBLE sound actually! It has the Aqstic codec, but that's only a backup. HTC actually has their OWN CUSTOM-MADE codec built into the 10, and it's been said to sound better than Aqstic does. Then there's this review which reveals the TRUE facts and does away with all the myths about the 10's audio. You should read it, especially the bold parts and headphone audio section. 

The DATE of the topic is May 10th ..
Fact is ...HTC is good
But from December 2016 onwards or so you wont Find any posts like that
LG V20 was such a game changer..
I suggest you to read this
http://www.ubergizmo.com/articles/lg-v20-kill-daps/
may be this ..
https://smartphones.gadgethacks.com/news/top-4-phones-for-music-lovers-audiophiles-0175956/

Based on these ..and 100s other reviews I read online and when I personally pitted V20 against HTC 10 , fiio X5-iii (I own one) or fiio X7 (from friend) , HTC 10 always fell short of V20 ..It produces a SOOTHING SOUND ..warm ..good for background music while you study or work ,
BUT HTC 10 ISNT for Active Audiophiles or Critical Listeners ..
Thats the point I am simply trying to make..

While being an above average flagship , when faced against ROBUST media consumption devices like LG V20.. HTC 10 SIMPLY FALLS SHY OF expectations ..

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #788 of 1,164
Fact is ...HTC is good
may be this ..
https://smartphones.gadgethacks.com/news/top-4-phones-for-music-lovers-audiophiles-0175956/

Based on these ..and 100s other reviews I read online and when I personally pitted V20 against HTC 10 , fiio X5-iii (I own one) or fiio X7 (from friend) , HTC 10 always fell short of V20 ..It produces a SOOTHING SOUND ..warm ..good for background music while you study or work ,

While being an above average flagship , when faced against ROBUST media consumption devices like LG V20.. HTC 10 SIMPLY FALLS SHY OF expectations ..

wat about sony xz?

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #789 of 1,164
You use PowerAmp Hi-res mode? Can you get it to stay on? Or are you constantly turning it back on after it fails for some reason?
Thanks.

No, couldn't stand the unreliability when trying to compare iems, it would crash whenever I paused or plugged in a new set of earphones. I'm using the regular Opensl output with SOX and low shibata noise shaping. It's almost as clean but Hi-Res still produces less noise to my ears, still waiting on v705 to fix it up....

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #790 of 1,164
Fact is ...HTC is good
may be this ..

So what you are saying is that because of one simple review you have deemed the v20 to be the best ever phone for audio and have decided that this thread shouldn't exist anymore. I'm just trying to figure out where your rational thought comes into play here.

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #791 of 1,164
I haven't heard the V20, so I can't comment. But, since I got the HTC10, I listen to music straight out of the phone, with no desire to hook a cockamamie DAC/AMP to it in any way, just enjoy listening. Didn't feel that way with previous phones, and I like it. Curious to hear the V20, though.

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #793 of 1,164
I've already read the reviews of both man.
The 10 is the better phone in my opinion.

The equalizer on the 10 is unsurpassed and lets you get whatever sound signature you want.
As far as clarity and resolution the two are comparable.

Just mentioning that you think that the v20 is better and that you saw something where someone said they thought it was better isn't hundreds of reviews.
Because at this point in time the 10 is still the favorite for most although LG has an actual competing solution.

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #794 of 1,164
V20 rocks man
I've already read the reviews of both man.
The 10 is the better phone.

The equalizer on the 10 is unsurpassed and lets you get whatever sound signature you want.

So you DO understand and AGREE that HTC 10 is NOWHERE CLOSE to V20 even as an overall package

Glad you understood that finally ..
:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:
Good Day to You

Users who are viewing this thread

Back