Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player
Oct 16, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #841 of 1,215
  I doubt AP100 needs any amp for IEMs
wink_face.gif

Concerning direct custommer support, thats too bad.

It's not about the power of the amp. It is more about the sound characteristics. 

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #842 of 1,215
I recently purchased the Westone 3 and am quite happy with it. I'm looking for a DAP to go with it.

Does anyone happen to know how this pairs with the AP100?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #844 of 1,215
  Hey question here for all you owners. Has anyone been able to scan more than 5800 songs? 

From my understanding the 'File/Folder' browser will see and play all tracks on the player, its just he id3 tag database that is capped (so like Artist, Album, Genre etc).

My advice, organise yer sd card better, perhaps even doing Genre > Artist > Album

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #846 of 1,215
Have you tried making a playlist with computer (m3u file)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VblB01T3_k

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this will work, I use m3u files all the time and 'shuffle all'. AFAIK playlists bypass tags and use filenames for location of file etc.

Oct 30, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #847 of 1,215
excellent! it does work indeed. the AP100 is finicky about the format of the m3u file though. for me it only worked if the m3u file was listed like:

folder\filename
folder\filename
folder\filename

anything else like drive letters and hashtags messed it up and just froze the AP100.

thanks for the work around!

Oct 30, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #848 of 1,215
I've always just followed exactly how I demonstrate in the video I linked u above. It's never failed that way, only problem arises is if tracks have weird characters (that arnt supported in a txt file), so like I had an album that had the TM (trademark) symbol on songs and tracks, the playlist skipped these files (file not found), but the playlist still actually worked.

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #849 of 1,215
  Hey question here for all you owners. Has anyone been able to scan more than 5800 songs? 

I think this is your answer. 073 beta 1 firmware, 256GB PNY ntfs formatted SD (not microsd) card. 70GB Free / 240GB

Nov 8, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #850 of 1,215
i have recently purchased an iBasso D12 to go with my AP100 using coaxial output from the DAP but was quite disappointed as i heard minimal improvement.

Anyone has tried this combination before?

Nov 8, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #851 of 1,215

I haven't any Sony amp, but i tested my Sony A17 with several amps, as Cayin C5, iBasso D12 and D-Zero, FiiO E11K and SoundBlaster E5,

Those DAP, as well preview X1060 model have a warm signature and i prefere to use with them amps with a more neutral signature, has iBasso amps.
With amps i get a better soundstage and better and fuller sound but Hidisz keep a more detailed sound and a better instrument positioning on stage.

Besides you can also use the Source button to change on the fly the sound to get the better sound for you personal taste.

Besides, i think that with Sony DAP we need to valuate other aspects:
- small form factor with full of space for songs (with a 128 microsd you have a total 192 GB of memory on a Sony A17)
- lower output volume but a better battery life
- really excellent bluetooth connection with full APTX support (now even better, as with the last firmware you get also LDAC)
- the best graphic UI that you can find in any player

Actually i use the Sony A17 mainly with my MEElectronics AF62-CF Air-Fi Matrix2 and i'm really enjoyimg this combo on the move!
I think that it is a good upgrade on my preview bluetooth setup with the Cowon J3!

Do you have any favourite amps from all that you mention above?

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #852 of 1,215
Do you have any favourite amps from all that you mention above?

If you are referring to the Sony NWZ-A17, i mostly use it without amp as i bought the Sony MDR-1ABT to enjoy the LDAC feature.

When i use the DAP with wired headphones i mainly use it with the iBasso D-Zero because it has a small form factor.

The best result is however obtained using my modded FiiO E12 DIY Edition.

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #853 of 1,215
  i have recently purchased an iBasso D12 to go with my AP100 using coaxial output from the DAP but was quite disappointed as i heard minimal improvement.

Anyone has tried this combination before?

What are you pairing it with?

It is always good to get feedback as it benefits those looking for upgrades.

Maybe when you run it in more or use a better cable you might hear some more improvements.

I had the Ibasso DX 50 and 90 but thought they were decent but not special and much prefer my AP100.

Nov 9, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #854 of 1,215
  What are you pairing it with?

It is always good to get feedback as it benefits those looking for upgrades.

Maybe when you run it in more or use a better cable you might hear some more improvements.

I had the Ibasso DX 50 and 90 but thought they were decent but not special and much prefer my AP100.

That's good to hear, I shortlisted the ibasso DX90 when choosing the AP100, seems like I made the right choice :)

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #855 of 1,215

That's good to hear, I shortlisted the ibasso DX90 when choosing the AP100, seems like I made the right choice :)

Bruce, I am still happy with the AP100 but always looking!

The new Ibasso DX80 has been released with twin DAC chips, same chip as the AP100 which only has one - price approx $360 US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back