Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player
May 15, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #526 of 1,215

The size of DAP is often dictated not just by a display and battery footprint, but also power filter components such as capacitors and inductors.  That is why all those desktop amplifiers are so big - power supply filtering and analog amplifier section design.  Ideally, you would want to separate digital and analog parts of any DAP into two separate circuit boards to keep noise from coupling over, and also have more room for larger capacitors, but then you are going to end up with a thick brick like HM901 :wink:  So, it's always a tradeoff between the size and quality of power filtering components.

Twister, talking about desktop options, I got a Geek-Out 450 (DAC-Amp) a few days ago, only got about 40 hours on the clock, I find it has very good mid-range (voices etc.) good bass etc. but I was expecting a bit more top end and 3D soundstage. Does it improve with burn in and is it still one of the best value options you have heard so far?

Also which of the ATH headphones that you have reviewed lately do you think would pair best with both the AP100 and Geek Out?

Thanks LM

I have and reviewed GO450, 3D image was right out of the box, but my review unit had a lot of burn in already :)  I would give it 100hrs.  I really like the latest ATH-R70x (very natural neutral sound) but they are open back and wake my kids up when I listen at night after work.  So, 2nd best is MSR7 - my go-to closed back set of cans.

May 16, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #528 of 1,215
  AP100 is the volume adjustment is made by adjusting the DAC (CS4398 ) output, and HO and LO after the DAC.The advantage is with the headphone impedance matching is good.The disadvantage is that there is a slight white noise at high sensitivity headphones.

Hi Slyn from Hidizs,

Because of the way that the AP100 is designed (from your post above) would I be right in assuming that using the LO ( set at max volume) connected to a good external amp (perhaps e.g. Fiio E12A) would extract the maximum sound quality from the AP100 and would have a cleaner sound with a darker background???????

Thanks, L-M

May 17, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #529 of 1,215
Does class 10 micro SD card work on Hidizs or should I stick with class 4? Anyone having problems with class 10?

May 17, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #531 of 1,215
  128G class 10 SanDisk exFAT formatted works fine for me.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M562LF4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you. I'll try that.

May 19, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #533 of 1,215
Just got a pair of Sony ex800st, they go well with the Hidizs ap100. Pairing the ex800st with an additional e12a only gives a warmer n better sub bass but the volcal n treble balance is excellent already. Almost no hiss or noise from the Hidizs unlike my a83 n im02.

Unexpectedly good match up for headphone n player.

May 21, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #534 of 1,215
Does anyone know the spec of ap100 battery? Is it lithium polymer 3.7v and dimension of the original one? thanks.

May 24, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #535 of 1,215
it is roughly 6 by 7 cm and half a cm thick. From memory it was about 3000 mah. Not sure why but the mobile site isn't letting me post pictures, I'll do so when I'm on my computer again

May 24, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #536 of 1,215
it is roughly 6 by 7 cm and half a cm thick. From memory it was about 3000 mah. Not sure why but the mobile site isn't letting me post pictures, I'll do so when I'm on my computer again

Only 7cm humm it's hard to find i guess. Okay please if you're on computer. Thanks, man :)

May 24, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #537 of 1,215
Only 7cm humm it's hard to find i guess. Okay please if you're on computer. Thanks, man
smily_headphones1.gif

No, it is not. At least the battery is glued on the back plate instead of the pcb board. So you can also use a little bigger or smaller ones and they would fit. 

May 24, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #538 of 1,215
Only 7cm humm it's hard to find i guess. Okay please if you're on computer. Thanks, man
smily_headphones1.gif

No, it is not. At least the battery is glued on the back plate instead of the pcb board. So you can also use a little bigger or smaller ones and they would fit. 

Thanks, at least i know the exact size of the battery, and seems the main pcb is easy to remove. Thanks again man!

May 24, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #539 of 1,215
Cool, Ozkan, can you post more photos of ur disassembled ap100 so that we can get a better idea of the innards of the player. Many thanks and nice picture. Strange that the don't just etch or mill the serial number to the outside, instead of putting a sticker inside the shell.

May 24, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #540 of 1,215
Cool, Ozkan, can you post more photos of ur disassembled ap100 so that we can get a better idea of the innards of the player. Many thanks and nice picture. Strange that the don't just etch or mill the serial number to the outside, instead of putting a sticker inside the shell.

Here they come next to Ritmix RF-7650 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back