Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player
Apr 26, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #481 of 1,215
High Light man,

My high gain option is on my external Fiio e12a amp not the pre-amp setting of the Hidizs

The pre-amp setting on hidizs is kind of strange. Pushing the pre-amp into the positive position squishes the soundstage and distorts the whole sound, whereas moving to the negative range makes the background music more lively but drowns out a bit of the vocals

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #482 of 1,215
High Light man,

My high gain option is on my external Fiio e12a amp not the pre-amp setting of the Hidizs

The pre-amp setting on hidizs is kind of strange. Pushing the pre-amp into the positive position squishes the soundstage and distorts the whole sound, whereas moving to the negative range makes the background music more lively but drowns out a bit of the vocals

Hi Fxim, yes I agree I cannot see the purpose of the pre amp option on the EQ, some sort of gain control would be much more useful.

You mentioned upgrading your desk top rig, what DAC do you have, would you consider a Geek Out (USB DAC - Amp), I have considered one when the came out but I still dont really want to be anchored to my laptop, they are at a special price on some sites at the moment making it more tempting. Twister did a recent review on the Geek Out 450 and appears very impressed.

One wonders if we will ever be fully happy with our music setups.

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #483 of 1,215

Who noticed 24bit 176khz missing in windows settings?

@Hidizs, driver model is old. Thesycon released new drivers for manufacturers.

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #486 of 1,215
  Fiio X3II or Hidizs AP100? Comments...

More detailed brighter better quality sound - AP100, warmer sound and better GUI and mechanical wheel control and native DSD support - X3ii.  Bottom line, purely on a sound quality - AP100 has an edge, but from overall perspective of sound+usability+features - X3ii.

Apr 30, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #489 of 1,215
More detailed brighter better quality sound - AP100, warmer sound and better GUI and mechanical wheel control and native DSD support - X3ii.  Bottom line, purely on a sound quality - AP100 has an edge, but from overall perspective of sound+usability+features - X3ii.

How about Sony A15/17 vs Hidizs AP100? What the different in sound quality?

=============

Anyway X3ii can use dual drive usb otg for more storage, but AP100 cant

Apr 30, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #490 of 1,215

How about Sony A15/17 vs Hidizs AP100? What the different in sound quality?

sorry, don't have any experience with A15/A17.

May 1, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #492 of 1,215
Nice review!

I've owned the X3 1st gen for quite a while now, and not sure what to upgrade to... or if I even need an upgrade tbh. Looking at either Sony A15 (probably not!) and FiiO X3 2nd Gen / Hidizs AP100.

May 1, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #494 of 1,215
don't forget hidisz also planning to make their newest dap in the middle of this year

Thanks!

Yeah I will probably hang on, because my X3 is still going strong. Also since FiiO has abruptly discountinued it now too, it feels quite special to own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back