Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player
Apr 16, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #454 of 1,215
Originally Posted by fxim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The new 70 firmware doesn't allow for song deleting and introduce bass North of neutral by default.

Quote:
  Could you please try to insert the sd card again?

me too, cant delete song from card, but i can delete from internal storage

and i find a bug, when charging my AP100 i cant turn on it, must hit reset button.. and i saw the battery still 98%. Try to insert the card again, but not works, still cant turn on.

well, now the battery still 99%, i plugged out the charger, and i still cant turn on my AP100

My card still FAT32 format, and the 070 fw support EXFAT, should i reformat to EXFAT?

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #456 of 1,215
Okay, after reformat to EXFAT now it works flawlessly.. I also can delete song in the card.

I think you should downgrade to 069 then upgrade again to 070 final..

The lyric display is cool, now i can sing :D

Apr 17, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #458 of 1,215
Just troubleshoot the problem with my limited programming knowledge, the problem was due to the library list for the firmware still using the labels from the beta version. A simple library update solved the problem.

Thx Hidizs, so far so good.

Apr 18, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #460 of 1,215
After matching the ap100 with the e12a I would say I am very satisfied.

The e12a sounds quite poor during the first hours when the components run in but after around 10hours the resolution improves greatly. It becomes fully run in after around 40hour or 2 battery charges for the e12a.

The e12a has the smoothest bass boost I have tried but after the version 70 ap100 firmware update, I no longer use the bass boost.

The e12a allows sensitive iem to be hiss free due to impedance matching.

The e12a increases the soundstage width and depth. It also increases ap100's mid details n trebles sound more musical n not as rough.

The e12a works the best from the 10-12 o'clock position, turning up the pot increase the soundstage even more but the noise is introduced once pass the 2 o'clock mark. Luckily ap100 allows for line out control.

If you want to improve the mid n treble resolution or want a boost in the sub bass e12a is good choice.

Of course, go to a shop to try out the combination before the purchase.

Apr 19, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #461 of 1,215

The e12a sounds quite poor during the first hours when the components run in but after around 10hours the resolution improves greatly. It becomes fully run in after around 40hour or 2 battery charges for the e12a.

The e12a has the smoothest bass boost I have tried but after the version 70 ap100 firmware update, I no longer use the bass boost.

The e12a increases the soundstage width and depth. It also increases ap100's mid details n trebles sound more musical n not as rough.

The e12a works the best from the 10-12 o'clock position, turning up the pot increase the soundstage even more but the noise is introduced once pass the 2 o'clock mark. Luckily ap100 allows for line out control.

If you want to improve the mid n treble resolution or want a boost in the sub bass e12a is good choice.

If I would like to add a amp for my ap100, apart from e12a, what choices do I have? (matching the feature of ap100 like clean base,vocal-oriented) if my target is <US$250? thank you
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #462 of 1,215

Hi Fxim,

Thanks for your updated view on the Fiio E12A + AP100. What h/phone have been using? I have consistently used my Yamaha HPH 200 H/phones during all my testing.

I have had both E12A and Cayin C5 and definitely prefer the E12A as it does not impose its own character on the sound and has better ergonomics.

I dont have either Amps anymore but I would consider buying another E12A but I am not sure if I want to go to the hassle of stacking again. Does the E12A offer a significant upgrade to be worth the hassle and is there any downside other than convenience.

I have had serious burn in time on my AP100 ( nearing 1000 hours) and I believe it improves with time. IMO

My overall experience of added Amps is that they add and substract at the same time and are rarely a clear cut upgrade .

I also believe the new 70 firmware gives a fuller sound with added bass.

I have tried the AP100 with the Cayin C5 and thought it was more of a side-grade, I have also had the Fiio E11K  and from memory I believe the the Amp in the AP100 is at least as good and probably better than the the A11K.

For someone looking for an upgrade Amp I cannot think of any other amp that can compete with the E12A near its price range?????

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #463 of 1,215
Hi Light-man,

The e12a matches up better with ap100 than c5.

I am planning to try out the aune b1. My updated ver2 ap100 hardware, both the ho and Lo has very similar power output where the Lo is only 5/80 volume steps differents on the ap100. The ho with e12a makes music more laid back but lacks a bit of detail. Lo has improved detail with the e12a pairing and more colourful, where as just Lo is really dry.

I use my audio technica im02 for female vocals and my fidue a83 for all rounder. They are both quite sensitive iem especially the a83.

With just these iems directly from the ho I hear a lot of noise and lacks the treble airiness. With the e12a, the minuet details are carried forward and the separation is much better. The ap100 sounds really short sound depth before the addition of e12a which now allows the music have an added 3d effect.

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #464 of 1,215
Hi Light-man,

I am planning to try out the aune b1. My updated ver2 ap100 hardware, both the ho and Lo has very similar power output where the Lo is only 5/80 volume steps differents on the ap100. The ho with e12a makes music more laid back but lacks a bit of detail. Lo has improved detail with the e12a pairing and more colourful, where as just Lo is really dry.

I use my audio technica im02 for female vocals and my fidue a83 for all rounder. They are both quite sensitive iem especially the a83.

With just these iems directly from the ho I hear a lot of noise and lacks the treble airiness. With the e12a, the minuet details are carried forward and the separation is much better. The ap100 sounds really short sound depth before the addition of e12a which now allows the music have an added 3d effect.

Hi Fxim,

It is always good to get your views on the amping of the AP100, you have me tempted. I would love to try the Fidue A83 but they are quite expensive and seem to be a bit power hungry.

Hidizs, well done! I am really liking the sound on the new 70 firmware with the updated AP100 harware. I have neutral sounding H/phones and I do not find it too heavy on the bass.

I am really liking the sound with my Yamaha HPH 200 cans and I am getting a fantastic 3D sound and I dont feel the need for the hassle to amp it as I think it sounds great and better than every thing else I have tried but I am always on the lookout for an improvement. Keep up the good work Hidizs!

Apr 21, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #465 of 1,215

Hi Light-man,

Hi Fxim,

It is always good to get your views on the amping of the AP100, you have me tempted. I would love to try the Fidue A83 but they are quite expensive and seem to be a bit power hungry.

Hidizs, well done! I am really liking the sound on the new 70 firmware with the updated AP100 harware. I have neutral sounding H/phones and I do not find it too heavy on the bass.

I am really liking the sound with my Yamaha HPH 200 cans and I am getting a fantastic 3D sound and I dont feel the need for the hassle to amp it as I think it sounds great and better than every thing else I have tried but I am always on the lookout for an improvement. Keep up the good work Hidizs!

A83 is not power hungry, but would benefit from a warmer/neutral source to tame down its top end brightness.  From HO of AP100 it might be a bit too bright, with E12A you are getting more into a neutral territory.  With Cayin C5 - it's even better.  Gotta admit, haven't tried fw70, wonder if sound has changed back from early days of previous firmware releases.

If you want to push your IEMs to 3D limit, you need a DAP with a dual-DAC where L/R channels processed separately for a better staging control.  Example is something like Cayin N6 or AK120ii, or the upcoming FiiO X7.  At the same time, we are talking about a significant price jump from AP100...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back