Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player
Apr 10, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #436 of 1,215
Guess what the new function is.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 10, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #438 of 1,215
I have connected with my xperia zl and it sounds great. But ap100 draw battery juice out of my smartphone. As it can program a switch to on off to draw the battery that will be good. And as suggested above, can play with usb flash is another bonus.

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #439 of 1,215
@hidizs If I use dual output otg cable, one to hidiz, one to powerbank, is it gonna work? Thanks.

Apr 10, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #440 of 1,215
Apr 11, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #441 of 1,215
I am a rookie in portable HD audio. Can someone explain what is so enticing about the above "OTG" support coming? Why would you want to plug a DAP into your phone? I was considering this DAP or the new X3K, Haven't made up my mind yet.

Apr 11, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #442 of 1,215
  I am a rookie in portable HD audio. Can someone explain what is so enticing about the above "OTG" support coming? Why would you want to plug a DAP into your phone? I was considering this DAP or the new X3K, Haven't made up my mind yet.

For those who stream audio from a cloud (Pandora, Spotify, Tidal, etc.) and not happy with HO of their smartphone - they can use AP100 as OTG usb dac connected to the phone, just like you can also use it as usb dac connected to your laptop/PC/MAC.  Just think of it as an external sound card in addition to standalone DAP (digital audio player) functionality.  Also, if OTG usb support is enabled, you can attach a variety of otg usb thumb drivers to expand the storage with more capacity.

Apr 12, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #443 of 1,215
Does anyone knows the correct setting for tusbaudio? Everytime i change tracks from mp3 to flac the sound is muted. Thnx.

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #445 of 1,215
Your new AP100 will benefit from burn in time 100-200 hours. I have Yamaha HPH 200 which sound great but they are open backed which improves the sound but they also leak a lot of sound which can be anti social at certain times.

I heard very good reports of Yamaha HPH MT 220 which are closed backed which I am considering buying. I dont know any good IEM's.

Apr 13, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #446 of 1,215
Your new AP100 will benefit from burn in time 100-200 hours. I have Yamaha HPH 200 which sound great but they are open backed which improves the sound but they leak a lot of sound also.

I heard very good reports of Yamaha HPH MT 220 which are closed backed which I am considering buying. I dont know any good IEM's.

Thanks for the reply. I will look into it. So far I was looking at Koss Pro4s, what do you think about those?

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #447 of 1,215

Your new AP100 will benefit from burn in time 100-200 hours. I have Yamaha HPH 200 which sound great but they are open backed which improves the sound but they leak a lot of sound also.

Thanks for the reply. I will look into it. So far I was looking at Koss Pro4s, what do you think about those?

It should work great with any pair of headphones.  Hard to recommend one specific pair when there are thousands of IEM and full size headphones out there.  I use my AP100 for burn in of new headphones (and I review a lot), and it doesn't matter if its a v-shaped bassy or analytical or balanced signature - everything sounds great.  What it comes down to is the type of music you are listening to and your sound preference.  AP100 is a more on a brighter/revealing side, just need to pick a set that going to pair up the best for your listening needs.  One thing to keep in mind, most of my headphones with in-line remote can't work with AP100 because it doesn't support TRRS connector.  Or perhaps, if headphones you are planning to get have a bright signature to begin with, AP100 can push it to sibilance level.

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #448 of 1,215
It should work great with any pair of headphones.  Hard to recommend one specific pair when there are thousands of IEM and full size headphones out there.  I use my AP100 for burn in of new headphones (and I review a lot), and it doesn't matter if its a v-shaped bassy or analytical or balanced signature - everything sounds great.  What it comes down to is the type of music you are listening to and your sound preference.  AP100 is a more on a brighter/revealing side, just need to pick a set that going to pair up the best for your listening needs.  One thing to keep in mind, most of my headphones with in-line remote can't work with AP100 because it doesn't support TRRS connector.  Or perhaps, if headphones you are planning to get have a bright signature to begin with, AP100 can push it to sibilance level.

Thanks.
Mostly I listen to industrial hardcore, hard drum and bass, (good) dubstep, trip hop, idm, acid jazz. I appreciate good bass, not empowering tho as I like to hear every sound and instrument clearly.
Im considering some flat(close to flat) studio monitor headphones, like koss pro4s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back