Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player
Mar 17, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #393 of 1,215
How can I tell if I have the first or the second version?

Second version has Hidizs logo on the back plate and the black plastic part around the buttons has been removed in the new version. The new version also has rounded curves.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #394 of 1,215
To the Hidizs team : is it possible to redesign the play mode screen? If a cover is present I have no tags displayed. Also it seems a lot of space is wasted. I think we could have both larger covers and tags by removing or resizing the play time bar. Also a format specification (flac-mp3-HD) in the upper part of the screen (near the volume, for example) will be welcome.

Maybe you could just add an option "extend cover" that sacrifices the play bar.

Also I would like the on-button press time (to start the DAP) to be shorter, I think a couple of seconds will be enough.

Mar 24, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #395 of 1,215
Good day!

I have ap100, with firmware: V1.31066CN
when you try to go to the folder Play all writes that not found file. please update the song.
I go to the settings in the update music library - update - everything to 0.
the same error when entering the favorites - playback failed.
helps only - cleaning the player from the songs, and a new load some time working folder, until not add anything new.
please help me :) curve firmware?

Mar 24, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #396 of 1,215
  Good day!

I have ap100, with firmware: V1.31066CN
when you try to go to the folder Play all writes that not found file. please update the song.
I go to the settings in the update music library - update - everything to 0.
the same error when entering the favorites - playback failed.
helps only - cleaning the player from the songs, and a new load some time working folder, until not add anything new.
please help me :) curve firmware?

Please update the firmware to 069 version and check if the problem exists again.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6hThmSfy5MbQVpJRVhUS1JxcWs/view

Thank you!

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #397 of 1,215
Hidizs is quite good with their warranty. Received a replacement for my faulty 1st batch ap100.

My initial impressions of the new 2nd gen ap100 are:
- lighter over all weight (not sure what they did to reduce the weight)
- the sound is a bit different
- the headphone output is bassier n has a bit more floor noise than before (using A83 n the new Hidizs with no burn in time)
- the line out sounds clearer, more airy with the same amount of floor noise than before (I feel that the line out sound has been improved over previous implementation n not as dry, good job:D)
- the power on off button is now metal
- the screws holding the ap100 are polished (nice finishing touches)
- etched with new hidizs insignia on the back
- the buttons on the top feel different (more comfortable and less play)
- the arc n eq buttons are metal but like the power button, rattles a bit in the slot
- new etchings in the sd card slot to show sd card orientations (good for first time users)
- power on off is more responsive (maybe due to beta firmware)
- beta firmware does not remember the user setting of the screen brightness (firmware bug to be fixed before next release, I hope)

I will c if the sound signature will change after maybe 100hr of burn in.

Mar 27, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #399 of 1,215
Without reading into the thread, what's the general consensus on this player next to DX50? Does it outclass DX50 on a performance level? 

Mar 27, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #400 of 1,215
The AP100 is a great Player, it has a really good sound.

I have had the Fiio X1, X3 and X5, Ibasso DX50 and 90, Audioquest dragonfly 1.2 and Cambridge Dac Magic Xs and I find the AP100 is the best of the lot.

It has a non fatiguing musical sound with a great sound stage and a strong amp section.

Mar 27, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #401 of 1,215
AP100 is more musical than dx50, i found dx50 is a bit "dry" and too flat than ap100, IMHO.

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #404 of 1,215
I'm using /w silver cabled and modded Bowers Wilkins P5 v1. Also using with stereo system. Check my sig. Natural charecter combined perfectly /w b&w's and stereo system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back