Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10
Nov 6, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #333 of 1,193
It looks like the CKR9 will be my next audio purchase! I've heard they're really good for metal with fast and busy passages.

Nov 9, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #337 of 1,193

With linum vocal cable

WOW! 
blink.gif

How's the sound compared to the original cable?

Nov 15, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #338 of 1,193
Guys,

Does anyone know where to try (and maybe buy) the CKR9 in Manhattan? I'll be there soon so it would be nice if I could give them a listen! (and I'm not going back to Japan until Spring 2015...)

Thanks!

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #339 of 1,193
  Guys,

Does anyone know where to try (and maybe buy) the CKR9 in Manhattan? I'll be there soon so it would be nice if I could give them a listen! (and I'm not going back to Japan until Spring 2015...)

Thanks!

It's listed here but I don't see why you wouldn't use tenso to forward it

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/1108c4542caf5790/index.html

Nov 17, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #341 of 1,193
Hi Whaleshark12,

I need to cut the after pin on linum vocal cable, devide the wire signal and ground (6 wire: 2 ground; 2 signal left; 2 signal right) and open the iem housing, by pull the tube behind, solder the ground & signal as the rule on wiring for isobaric push pull speaker (different phase each speaker) speaker toward your ear is in phase and the other out phase.
just be careful, the wire is so so so tiny..

Regards 

Nov 17, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #342 of 1,193
  It's listed here but I don't see why you wouldn't use tenso to forward it

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/1108c4542caf5790/index.html

Thanks but you know why? I've seen the official US retail price ($260) and I'm gonna be waiting until I go back to Japan to try/buy them. They cost around $150 there...

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #343 of 1,193
  Hi Whaleshark12,

I need to cut the after pin on linum vocal cable, devide the wire signal and ground (6 wire: 2 ground; 2 signal left; 2 signal right) and open the iem housing, by pull the tube behind, solder the ground & signal as the rule on wiring for isobaric push pull speaker (different phase each speaker) speaker toward your ear is in phase and the other out phase.
just be careful, the wire is so so so tiny..

Regards 

Wow, cool. Guess this task isn't for me as i have no knowledge of soldering cable and stuff. Might screw up if it was me >< Just pull the trigger and bought the CKR10 XD 

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #344 of 1,193
I know I'm late to this party, but after an afternoon of listening, I'm getting used to these CKR9s and I'm really loving them. Trying to figure out the signature on these, but it seems like the low end is a little boosted and the midrange starts out neutral and gets bigger and bigger as it goes up with a big peak and dip in the low treble. Definitely a signature I haven't run across before. In any case, they sound really dry and lean and remind me at times of the GR07 and BE in the timbre. I'm gonna keep with these for a while and probably write a review sometime at the end of the week. I'm liking them a lot. 

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #345 of 1,193
  I know I'm late to this party, but after an afternoon of listening, I'm getting used to these CKR9s and I'm really loving them. Trying to figure out the signature on these, but it seems like the low end is a little boosted and the midrange starts out neutral and gets bigger and bigger as it goes up with a big peak and dip in the low treble. Definitely a signature I haven't run across before. In any case, they sound really dry and lean and remind me at times of the GR07 and BE in the timbre. I'm gonna keep with these for a while and probably write a review sometime at the end of the week. I'm liking them a lot. 

More than your IM70?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back