Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10
Oct 29, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #317 of 1,193

Well CKR9 and CKR10 are not small IEM either. And they cannot be worn over the ear. Dynamic is what these dual dynamic are excel on.  If what you're looking for is vocals, I would go with ATH-IM03.

Is the mid bass as good on the IM03 as CKR9s?

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #320 of 1,193
Lets talk about synergy with some DAPs - especially for CKR9.
I tried LG G2 smartphone, Sansa Clip+, IPod Touch 4G.
Overall I liked Clip+ tonality the best but sound is somewat closed, LG G2 offers nice clarity and added sense of space but highs arent the best. Touch 4G - there is no synergy at all - highs are screaming and are painful and bad quality. Surprisingly even bass isnt the best - very weird sound from Apple device. Tenores sound much better and got good synergy with 4G.
I would like to go further and check anoter devices - please write your best synergy with CKR9 and describe sound a little:)

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #322 of 1,193
I borowed Touch and listened it through Audyssey player - friend just told me it was bought optimized for AKG K550 - thats why I heard such strange sound lol.
Right now its much better but my ears dont tolerate stock tips - highs sound unnatural and shouty. I only changed tips to Meelectronics biflanges and its very drastic improvement to my ears ( or maybe my fit in ear?). Now the sound is much more balanced.

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #325 of 1,193

Is the mid bass as good on the IM03 as CKR9s?

Sorry I cannot answer this now, because I don't have them both with me to make direct comparison. From memory recollection bass section, CKR9 wins, but maybe not by much.

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #326 of 1,193
  Lets talk about synergy with some DAPs - especially for CKR9.

I auditioned the CKR9 twice over the past week with my new Sony A15. I didn't try it with any other DAP so I can't say anything about relative synergy, but I thought it was wonderful with the A15, brings out positive attributes on both ends. No Clip+ for me, thank you very much
very_evil_smiley.gif

And no, in the end I decided against the CKR9. It was certainly a great IEM, and the domestic price in Japan is a steal, but I'm not on a regular head-fier quality-seeking vector, if you know what I mean? I want lots of treble, headroom, clarity, openness, but not necessarily the degree of high quality the CKR9 offers. I can hear how good the CKR9 is but have reservations about comfort, isolation, and whether it's really what I want. I found something else in the ATH lineup that I really liked, cheaper and more comfy, so I went with that instead.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #327 of 1,193

Well CKR9 and CKR10 are not small IEM either. And they cannot be worn over the ear. Dynamic is what these dual dynamic are excel on.  If what you're looking for is vocals, I would go with ATH-IM03.

Thanks. I ordered the IM03 along with the IM02 and will keep one out the two. Will decide which is better for casual listening while walking.

Nov 3, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #328 of 1,193

Are these JVC spiral dots sizes the same as stock IM50 tips? My right ear canal is bigger than left so I use large tips in my right ear and medium ones in my left ear. Should I go with the M or L size? They are expensive and I don't want to buy the wrong size. Now I'm confused which to get. 
confused.gif

Also do they fit on IM50's nozzle?

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #330 of 1,193
   Are these JVC spiral dots sizes the same as stock IM50 tips? My right ear canal is bigger than left so I use large tips in my right ear and medium ones in my left ear. Should I go with the M or L size? They are expensive and I don't want to buy the wrong size. Now I'm confused which to get. 
confused.gif

Also do they fit on IM50's nozzle?

They seem to fit standard size nozzle 4.5-5.0 mm, but I didn't try it on IM50. But CKR9 and IM50 seems to have same size of nozzle, so, I assume they will fit.
I'm not sure about the dots are affecting the sound, I suggest you try with cheaper larger bore tips first before getting the expensive spiral dots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back