Review: Null Audio Studio Lune Cable
Oct 30, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #46 of 66
I received my brand new Lune cables for my UE 900 back in August and immediately noticed a defect in the cable cover and then contacted Null Studio for a warrant repair. They told me to ship the cables to them and promised me a quick turn around. Boy was I mislead. It is now October 30 and I still have not heard from them or received anything in the mail. I wonder if i just got ripped off of my hard earned money. I've emailed them at least 5 times and still no response. As a company they absolutely suck! Don't buy from them even if others say their products are that good. I received my brand new Lune cables for my UE 900 back in August and immediately noticed a defect in the cable cover and then contacted Null Studio for a warrant repair. They told me to ship the cables to them and promised me a quick turn around. Boy was I mislead. It is now October 30 and I still have not heard from them or received anything in the mail. I wonder if i just got ripped off of my hard earned money. I've emailed them at least 5 times and still no response. As a company they absolutely suck! Don't buy from them even if others say their products are that good.

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #47 of 66
I received my brand new Lune cables for my UE 900 back in August and immediately noticed a defect in the cable cover and then contacted Null Studio for a warrant repair. They told me to ship the cables to them and promised me a quick turn around. Boy was I mislead. It is now October 30 and I still have not heard from them or received anything in the mail. I wonder if i just got ripped off of my hard earned money. I've emailed them at least 5 times and still no response. As a company they absolutely suck! Don't buy from them even if others say their products are that good.

sorry to hear that. i for one can say that he's "ok" to talk with (kevin) - since i can easily drop by his store. it's a whole different story for his overseas buyers especially when i see posts like this. too bad he's loosing customers and potential customers because of his poor after sales service.

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #48 of 66
I'm currently awaiting my Lune cable, after having gone through two Enyo cables in two years. I don't mistreat my cables, and when they're not in my ears they're rolled up in the Ultimate Ears case.

The first cable I had did not have the multifilament sleeve, nor the ViaBlue connector, and it died nearly a year to the day after I ordered it, so it was thankfully covered by warranty. I sent the cable in with no hassle, and then waited about FOUR MONTHS to receive my replacement cable. Which means that for those four months, a third of the year, I wasn't able to listen to my IEMs, which was quite the shame.

Just recently, my second Enyo cable started giving me problems as well, again, without the multifilament sleeve, but this time with the ViaBlue connector. I thought the connector would stop this one from going the same way as the last, and it might have moved the area of the problem (From being that I could move the cable around the connector to get the channels to drop, to the cable needing to be just so for the channels to drop, which makes it horrible for walking...) but the problem is still there. This time, I decided against trying to replace it under warranty, just for the fact that it would take so darn long, and I decided to upgrade to the Lune cable.

So, I'm currently awaiting my Lune cable (With multifilament sleeve) with baited breath. Which I love most everything about the cable, the lack of durability is my main gripe (The other being the ultra-thin wires slipping in and out of my winter coats zipper teeth.* I also decided to try the right-angle jack instead of the straight, to see if it would tug less at the part where the cable meets the 3.5mm jack. Of course, after paying my package only shipped a few weeks later, and it's been about 2-3 weeks in transit, so maybe the time difference isn't that different from the warranty. All I can say is that I hope this cable lasts me longer than my last two, because I'm done doing business with Null Audio Studio.

Anyway, that's enough of my rant. I enjoyed reading your review, and you took some gorgeous pictures. Good luck, and enjoy your cables because like you said, they are great cables, aside from build quality issues. Keep us posted on how yours hold up!

* Not that I'm zipping up over the cable, I would never. But I don't zip my jacket all the way up, and the cable catches in the teeth sometimes. Also, I don't believe this is the cause of my issues with the cable, as the problem lies further down the cable.

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #49 of 66

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the Enyo cable. 
frown.gif

My Lune cable is still holding up strong, which I did not expect since the wires at the Y split are exposed. I do baby the cable and make sure not to zip it up in my jacket and to roll it up when not in use. 

I actually purchased another IEM cable from HPL Audio by Chris_Himself and was really disappointed. The sleeving HPL uses creates harsh microphonics so you can hear it rubbing against EVERYTHING. My Lune cable is much quieter. The worst part is that the HPL connectors for the UE10s are too small to fit in the sockets. The Lune plugs fit snugly and are held by friction. I was ghetto and tried using Elmers to secure the HPL connectors but I just gave up on the cable. 
triportsad.gif

It's disappointing to hear that Null Audio sill hasn't figured out how to get back to international customers in a timely manner, making them hard to recommend. Their product is good but their service needs to be more timely and transparent. 

Nov 29, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #50 of 66
Initially I have a Null Audio Lune cable for my TF10, this cable lasted 3 years before the connection at the 3.5mm straight jack cuts out and I have to move it around to get sound.

Now my 1.5 years Lune cable MK3 has the left ear has no sound at all :frowning2: Not a heavy user of the cable or else the issue would've probably have shown up quicker so I can move for warranty repair. Not sure if wrapping the cable into a little bunch has anything to do with it :frowning2: I did test on the right ear and it's the same thing, Left piece of the cable to right ear, nothing, Right piece of the cable to the left ear bud and there is sound.

I have the Ultrasone IQ and would hold the ear piece with my fingers under the loop of the cable and start to wrap around them, I don't think I even use that much force, but I do that every time when I finish with listening to it. The Lune cable is a right jack. I just don't trust the quality of the cable (or null audio) to go and buy a new one :), It does make the Ultrasone IQ sound a bit better, more tolerable.

Oct 28, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #51 of 66
Shipping is 3 to 5 days local.
They have to take a week or 2 to produce the cable in the first place

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #52 of 66
Reviving this thread, any current Lune lovers out there? I have another Lune on order (my 2nd)...was looking for a 'back for the buck' cable that costs less than S$150 as I don't want to splurge too much on cables and this fits the bill. Plus I got another 30% discount so this really was a very good price for me. Hopefully this 2nd cable has improved build quality - will be able to tell more once I receive it.
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 11, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #53 of 66
Reviving this thread, any current Lune lovers out there? I have another Lune on order (my 2nd)...was looking for a 'back for the buck' cable that costs less than S$150 as I don't want to splurge too much on cables and this fits the bill. Plus I got another 30% discount so this really was a very good price for me. Hopefully this 2nd cable has improved build quality - will be able to tell more once I receive it. :bigsmile_face:

Same here, but I found out I could get a better cable for double digits

Mar 11, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #59 of 66
ah yes. could have tried them too but would have not availed of the very good discount from Null. I was also eyeing them before but couldn't get the chance to audition his cables.

Erei brought some of his stuff to try. While hive has an office to audition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back