Review: New Mylarones - X3i and XBi
Jan 23, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #166 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, they're very much better than the CX300.

You could not have understated this enough.
tongue.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #167 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Their site is not up to date. If you order the X3 you will receive the X3i.

Yes, they're very much better than the CX300.

LOL, which is why the Mylar series totally raised the bar on the price/performance ratio. They produced SQ that simply did not exist at their price level, blew away many of its competitors costing much, much more.

And yeah, the CX300 was grossly overpriced when it was first introduced. The SQ wasn't that much better than the Creative 630's (but they cost a heck of a lot more).

Jan 25, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #169 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oops I meant in comparison to UE Metro. I dont know why I typed ER6.

The Metro's have more bass then the X3i. It is a little bloated too. The X3i have more detail and a wider soundstage. All that being said, I definitely prefer my X3i over the Metro, but when it comes to build quality, the Metro go to the gym. My X3i split after two months (Uncle Wilson is replacing). The Metro's however, are extremely solid.

Jan 25, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #170 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You really think the next significant level up from these x3i's is UM2?
biggrin.gif

Do others agree with this? I'd of thought along the lines of erp4 a significant upgrade... no? Or is that only a minor upgrade?
confused.gif

I'd like to give a try to some of these in the $250-300 range
eek.gif

I loved my X3i . . . still do, but ever since I got the Denon AH-C700, I hardly listen to them. The Denon's are a better phone IMHO. There is not as much bass as the X3i (not necessarily a bad thing). The detail of the C700 is improved across the spectrum. The biggest difference though is the soundstage and seperation. The Denon's are definitely an improvement over the X3i. They are definitely worth the current price of $141.99:

Denon AH-C700

Jan 31, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #173 of 247
Ooh, pretty ruby. After a lot of me being annoying and not understanding the guys at Jaben I managed to order the ruby ones. How do they look in person?

Oh, and do they have markings for left/right? I got a pair of Skullcandy INK'd things today because they were on sale for $10 so I figured they'd probably be better than iPod stock buds till I get the X3is and $10 isn't much so why not, and they don't have any L/R marks. I can figure it out but it'd be easier with just a little L/R thing :\

And how long did shipping take? Site says 14 days, mine got shipped a week ago and I'm feeling impatient already
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #174 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthyCow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooh, pretty ruby. After a lot of me being annoying and not understanding the guys at Jaben I managed to order the ruby ones. How do they look in person?

Oh, and do they have markings for left/right? I got a pair of Skullcandy INK'd things today because they were on sale for $10 so I figured they'd probably be better than iPod stock buds till I get the X3is and $10 isn't much so why not, and they don't have any L/R marks. I can figure it out but it'd be easier with just a little L/R thing :\

And how long did shipping take? Site says 14 days, mine got shipped a week ago and I'm feeling impatient already
smily_headphones1.gif

they look awesome. definetely a lot better than your standard black and white headphones.

the markings are very very tiny near the eartip. once you first find it, you'll know exactly where it is.

Feb 1, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #176 of 247
I ordered some X3is on the 23rd and they weren't sent out until the 29th, which seems a bit on the slow side to be honest. Then again, I expect they're inundated with orders at the moment so perhaps it can't be helped, and I really can't complain for the price. I live in the UK so I'm hoping they get here early next week.

Can't seem to get the tracking number working though. It's been over 2 working days but I still get "Sorry, we have no such record" on the tracking site. Was everyone else able to track them?

Feb 1, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #180 of 247
Just a head up: As Chinese New Year is coming soon both the local Singapore postal service and Jaben will be a lot more busy than usual, so those of you who placed your order recently might get a bit of delay. Don't worry about it too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back