[Review] Nationite N2
Aug 12, 2011 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Metsuki

100+ Head-Fier
Note: I would not consider myself an audiophile, keep that in mind while reading this review.

The earphones I used with the N2 were the Brainwavz M3.
The player itself is made of good quality plastic but I wish the buttons were a bit more solid and I also wish it had dedicated sound buttons.
I do believe the player is capable of taking a few hits with breaking, it's small and it feels very solid.

While I'm not a basshead, I have to admit, I was absolutely surprised with the amount of detail in the bass, it's not something I was expecting.
This player has a very nice amount of detail everywhere, however, it is very slightly warm sounding.
Th soundstage and the instrument separation are VERY good and you can make it better with BBE (well, depends on the songs really).
For me the BBE was not something I found very useful, while it reveals some details in some songs, I noticed it also hides some details in others, it really depends on your taste and/or IEM.

Also, in case you're interested in knowing, the C30 and the Hippo Gumstick(I heard this one was a bit more stable) firmwares work with no problems with the N2
The things I disliked so far were: the fact that it doesn't come with a manual and the firmware(s) need some fixing.

But seriously this thing is Very much worth the money. Hell, its better than my PC (its a custom built form a few months ago, but I admit I don't have a dedicated soundcard :p)
I strongly believe this is the best sounding MP3 player you'll find.

Good:
- Great detail (in the bass, mids and highs)
- Great soundstage
- Good build
- Generic mini USB port
- BBE (I don't use it but it's nice having it)
- The battery lasts around 14 hours (not an exact calculation)

Bad:
- Firmware(s) a bit buggy and the menu needs to be improved
- No tag support (personally, it doesn't bother me, but I know many would like this feature)
- No Manual
- not dedicated volume buttons
- Screen is hard to see under the sun

Online Manual - http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=21485

Please note that this is my first review and English is not my native language.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back