REVIEW: Musiland SVDAC06
Jul 17, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #16 of 26
Aiml3ss, what used to be your source before this DAC? Im about to buy this one (will also pair it with AD700s =D ) But im not sure yet if its worth it.

If u used to listen to onboard computer sound, it will be a bigger improvment then coming from a low-cost DAC like a DAC destroyer ($50, using one right now). I want to know what that to expect.

Jul 18, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by miloxo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aiml3ss, what used to be your source before this DAC? Im about to buy this one (will also pair it with AD700s =D ) But im not sure yet if its worth it.

If u used to listen to onboard computer sound, it will be a bigger improvment then coming from a low-cost DAC like a DAC destroyer ($50, using one right now). I want to know what that to expect.

Hey man,

I used my Macbook Pro before this. Bro, I can't recommend this DAC enough. Its literally opened a veil on my AD700's. Everything is just crisper and theres way more clarity. Its quite amazing. In my mind, this DAC is worth the money. Its a bargain man.

If your coming from a laptop or on board, you are going to hear some serious improvement. I just recieved my Audioengine A5's yesterday and I ran them straight out of the laptop for around an hour. I then connected them to the Musiland and damn do they sound better. Like I said before, everything improves.

Buy it bro.
L3000.gif

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Hey man,

I used my Macbook Pro before this. Bro, I can't recommend this DAC enough. Its literally opened a veil on my AD700's. Everything is just crisper and theres way more clarity. Its quite amazing. In my mind, this DAC is worth the money. Plus its on sale right now for $120 shipped. Its a bargain man.

If your coming from a laptop or on board, you are going to hear some serious improvement. I just recieved my Audioengine A5's yesterday and I ran them straight out of the laptop for around an hour. I then connected them to the Musiland and damn do they sound better. Like I said before, everything improves.

Buy it bro.

I did!
jecklinsmile.gif
Can't wait till i have it. Placed my order yesterday (same seller, and wauw, free shipping! =D)

How long did it take for you to receive it?

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

I did!
jecklinsmile.gif
Can't wait till i have it. Placed my order yesterday (same seller, and wauw, free shipping! =D)

How long did it take for you to receive it?

Great! Hes a great seller.

You'll probably get it in 5 days or so. Maybe a bit more.

Let me know how you like it.

Jul 22, 2009 at 11:17 AM Post #20 of 26
Just received my musiland, first thing i noticed is SOUNDSTAGE!

I already like it
L3000.gif
Thriller from MJ sounds better, esp in the soundstage!

Jul 23, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Just received my musiland, first thing i noticed is SOUNDSTAGE!

I already like it
L3000.gif
Thriller from MJ sounds better, esp in the soundstage!

Awesome man! The Musiland really shines with improving soundstange and clarity. Give it a good burn in and you will hear a little bit more clarity.

Happy listening!
darthsmile.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #22 of 26
Hey can you comment on the differences between the dac destroyer and the musiland. I am considering buying one of them to pair with my ultrasones hfi-550. What do you think will be better? I can get both for a similar price.
Thanks

Jun 12, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #24 of 26

Quote:
Is SVDAC06 110V/220V specification?

With the photograph it seems that is not the switch on the rear.
It is fixing?
Please teach whether in inside it is change possible.

Its only 110v which is USA specification.. I think.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I thought maybe it was a good idea since I've seen a lot of questions regarding 'which DAC should I purchase'. I still highly recommend this DAC/Pre-amp even after having it for a year. 

Jun 16, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #25 of 26
My volume down button is broken. :frowning2: It only works 50% of the time... Still usable, but very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back