[REVIEW & MOD] FiiO L6 LOD for Sansa Fuze
Dec 18, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #63 of 67
Feb 20, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #64 of 67
I accidentally ripped out the ground contact of my L6 while trying to recable it, I compensated by soldering the ground wire directly to the ground pin on the circuit broad, it works well but I have any nod on my head on whether I'm sacrificing something... none of the caps connected to the ground contact did it? cause i have some of those OXIcaps coming in and i would like to know.

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #65 of 67
Quote:
ClieOS, any opinions about these two?

Quote:
lol actually you made me go and read some reviews, i flip flopped again and decided to go with Elna... hahaha oh well we'll see how this goes!

Old thread bump, if anyone is still around.

Just wondering how you got on with that LOD from ebay? They are quite a premium over the standard fiiO L6, which are £6 shipped on ebay.

Was it the one from Turkey or Hong Kong?

Jun 27, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #66 of 67
Did the full mod with 47uF oxicap and the WIMA caps. Shortened the cable too. Leaked super glue everywhere when closing up the housing so it looks kinda ugly now but at least it works and sounds good lol. Sounds REALLY good.

vNUQK.jpg

I should also mention that this was my 2nd attempt, I lost a solder pad on the first one, the PCB is really crappy. Also both came with Niobium caps already, only 4.7uF though.

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #67 of 67
I should also mention that this was my 2nd attempt, I lost a solder pad on the first one, the PCB is really crappy. Also both came with Niobium caps already, only 4.7uF though.

Good to know FiiO at least has improved the L6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back