REVIEW (mini-review, more to come) - CEntrance DACport 24/96 USB DAC Amp
Mar 10, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #16 of 18

Thanks for your impression. I have a Q701 on the way and i hope the DACport doesnt dissapoint. Will leave my impressions soon :)
Quote:
AKG 702:

I have this exact combo. After weighing the cost of any good quality dac and amp the value proposition of the dacport appealed to me. I bought some 702's on this forum and have listened to the combo extensively. 
Its very good. Not quite great, but good. As the reviews say, the 702's have no bass. The smallness of the dacport does not help this much, but in reality it makes a good match. At first one might think the bass is thin due to the dacport, but in reality it is the quick, articulate but very light bass that characterizes the 702. The dacport has a warm sound to match its temp so it matches well to balance the detail oriented nature of the 702. I've enjoyed the combo very much and on the used market you can probably score both for around 500 bucks. Thats a great price of entry into lossless computer audio and even when you outgrow it the dacport always finds use because it is so portable. 

The short version: the dacport can handle the 702. if you like the 702 sound the dacport is a great way to hook your pair up to a PC or mac or lossless audio goodness. 

Apr 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #17 of 18
Any real-life opinion about an upgrade from a Fiio E10 to the DACport? 
Just a newbie in the headphones world, but a recent purchase of a Benchmark DAC1-HDR makes it very clear that I need to upgrade my portable DAC/Amplifier solution.
I play with Beyerdynamic DT880/250ohm and Sennheiser HD650.
Thank you in advance for your time :)

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #18 of 18

Quote:
Any real-life opinion about an upgrade from a Fiio E10 to the DACport? 
Just a newbie in the headphones world, but a recent purchase of a Benchmark DAC1-HDR makes it very clear that I need to upgrade my portable DAC/Amplifier solution.
I play with Beyerdynamic DT880/250ohm and Sennheiser HD650.
Thank you in advance for your time :)

I can't comment about pairing DACport with the Beyer headphones, but it should be fine with the HD650 (sounds really good with my HD600).  The DACport remains my favorite portable USB DAC/amp, even after all this time.  Someday I'll try the Fiio products, but for now I'm not really impressed with my E3 and E5, so I didn't drop $ on the newer stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back